“Rosie the Heat Fan” 5 of 5 stars

Cruise Transportation
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Rosie the Heat Fan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were on our way to Siesta Key for spring break, I have stayed at the hotel on business and decided it was a good place to stop before we could check into our house on Saturday, and we had planned some activities in Tampa. My 12 year old son was wearing his Indiana Pacers jersey, and Rosie who is a Miami Heat fan and he began to have some fun talking trash. Rosie made the experience very unique for my son, made signs, made jokes and created an environment that is beyond explanation, very personalized. My son said this is so fun, Rosie is amazing! He even commented, when can we go back. I am very impressed with the level of service Rosie and the staff provided for me and my family. Thanks Rosie!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Steve G,
This does not come as a surprise! Rosie tends to think outside the box. She is very innovative in thinking up ways to surprise and delight our guests. I’m so glad that you and your son enjoyed your time at our property. Now that you live in the area... feel free to stop in for a ‘staycation’ anytime.

Guest Service Manage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The staff were excellent and helped us with our trip. The cons: The room wasnt the cleaniest I've ever seen but for the price it was ok. Pros:Beds are comfortable and rooms are very quiet. Close to anything you need. We asked for extra pillows and towels and they were delivered right away.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear suenewyork123,
Thanks for being our guest. We appreciate your feedback and I hope that we will have another opportunity to host you in the future,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I often stay here on business and love it. This time I decided to bring my Fiancée down for a weekend getaway. During her visit my fiancée found out one of her favorite artists was in town. We looked everywhere and couldn't find tickets. After casually mentioning it to Rosie during check in, we were surprised and delighted when Rosie called is at our room, to tell us she had found tickets for us at a reasonable price. Thanks to this extra effort by her our weekend was great. This isn't a "full service" hotel. But with staff like that you can't help but feel like it is.
The hotel is also very clean, modern, and the cleaning staff is very detailed oriented. Great place to stay!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear trvlDoc1.
It is so gratifying to hear your wonderful comments. Rosie always goes out of her way for our guests. Our housekeeping staff is dedicated to insuring that our rooms are immaculate. We try really hard to anticipate your every need here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore. I hope we see you again in the near future.

Buford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Staff is excellent. They were engaging and friendly. The food in the bar was good and service was very warm. The location perfect and the shuttles service was very reliable. Rooms well laid out like most HGI hotels and more importantly was clean on comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Karl O,
Clean and comfortable is what we strive for! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with other travelers. Please stop in again soon!

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The Hotel is very nice and very clean we stayed for an early morning flight it was perfect for that with easy access to the airport and a shuttle and when we went to our car a 3:30am the was a security office patrolling the parking garage which is good good to see. When we arrived to the hotel it was very busy i believe there was a rapper checking in with his group and the hotel was booked the lobby was busy throughout the night. Even thought the hotel was full we never heard a peep the hotel and rooms where spotless and i check. the room was very large and beds were great i liked the airport decor on the walls. The room had a fridge microwave and a coffee maker. My only problem with the room which is very minimal is w wish they had the real mugs and glasses like some of the other HGI locations Im not a fan of paper cups. All and All a great airport hotel with a good staff i will definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear csman05,
So good to hear that we hit the mark during your recent visit! Our location is perfect for easy acess to TIA. I have to agree with your kudos to our housekeeping staff. They are amazing and ‘spotless’ is the perfect word to describe our rooms! We appreciate you noticing their efforts. Please give me a heads up the next time you are in town and we will make sure that your room is equipped with the mugs and glasses that you prefer.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was in Tampa on business and stayed at this fine hotel. Really nice facilities. Nice clean rooms and excellent staff. Every one was extra helpful. If I ever come back to Tampa I will definitely stay here and highly recommend it. Ask for Rosie, she is a sweetheart.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Letty H,
We appreciate your kind remarks. Rosie will be thrilled to know that she had a positive impact on your stay. I’m so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and hurry back!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at this hotel (2 children ages 4 & 6, and my husband and myself) after flying in to Tampa. We needed a convenient spot for one night until we could check into our destination the next day. First impression of the hotel, the location itself, while convenient, is nothing special, and the parking lot borders a shabby-looking grassy area. The outside of the building itself is a little rundown-looking, which is why they seem to have an illustration on their advertisement. But, for a one-night stay, this was not a big deal.

However, the inside of the hotel is very up-to-date and clean and well appointed with nice furnishings, especially the lobby, restaurant and bar area. The room itself, 2 queen, felt quite small. The bathroom also seemed pretty small. It was very clean, however, and again had nice, up-to-date furnishings.

We used the outdoor pool area twice. It was very clean, nice and well-heated, with lots of seating and towels, and a good hot tub.

The restaurant food the next morning at breakfast was pretty mediocre. We weren't told until too late about the full offerings of the breakfast (made-to-order omelets, pancakes, etc.) so I got instead cold scrambled eggs & overcooked bacon...nothing to brag about.

The place where this hotel really excels is the front desk staff. My husband was feeling ill and the woman at the front desk was very accommodating, letting us check out late at 2:30. This was hugely helpful. They also were very responsive whenever I had any kind of request, etc.

For the price, I expected a better overall experience, but it was convenient, and the front desk service was very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear barbmcc89,
I am happy to hear that you found your overall stay both convenient and enjoyable. I apologize for you experience in our Coast Restaurant as that is not the norm. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and I hope that we have an opportunity to better serve you in the future!

Guest Service Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!