“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend with friends. This is an excellent location if you are attending any kind of sporting event in Tampa! It is minutes from Raymond James Stadium. I have stayed on business previously and was impressed with the meetings that were held there but I have to say this past weekend was a blast! From the minute we arrived the service was fantastic. Silvana the manager went above and beyond. She anticipated our needs before we did! There were some rowdy Eagles fans (can you imagine?) and she handled the situation with finesse. The rooms were spacious and the pool area is very nice. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Tampa! Kudos to Silvana and her team.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms facing the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Traveller86470,
I’m so happy that you enjoyed your weekend! We are indeed close to Raymond James stadium as well as George Steinbrenner stadium (if you are a baseball fan). I’m also thrilled to hear the meetings that you attended at our property exceeded your expectations. Thanks for your kind remarks and we appreciate you choosing Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore.
Silvana G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great staff. Silvana, at the front desk assisted us greatly and welcomed us to Tampa from Tallahassee. As a Hilton Honors Gold member, I have become a little choosy with my Hilton stays. This Garden Inn provided a great value for our hectic schedule that weekend. Breakfasts were high quality as well.

Room Tip: I always request rooms away from the elevator and vending areas.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear fsutroy,
We appreciate you being a Hilton honors member and I am so glad that I was able to assist you during your recent stay. Thank you for the great review and ‘Go ‘Noles”!!!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am becoming more fond of staying at airport hotels. The nightly rates are usually very reasonable and the proximity to the airport can't be beat. The HGI Tampa Airport was fantastic. The hotel was newer and clean. The check-in staff was very friendly and welcoming. Regarding the room - the beds were comfortable and you couldn't hear the noise from the nearby airport. The breakfast staff was very friendly as well, and the breakfast choices were up to HGI standards.

One thing to note was that the shuttle that takes guests to the airport also takes guests to the nearby mall where there is plenty of restaurant choices and shopping. This makes the hotel a perfect choice for someone staying without a car. The shuttle takes you everywhere you need to go and to your flight the next day!

Dear ReviewerDave,
I am happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our rates are very competitive and being so close to the airport is hard to beat! The complimentary shuttle definitely gets you where you need to go and our staff is extremely dedicated to our valued guests! I hope that the next time you are in our area that we will be your first choice for lodging.
Sharon, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was greeted by Silvana Greene upon arrival and it was the start of a great stay. Silvana was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable about not only the hotel but also the area. She had great recommendations for restaurants and was even kind enough to make reservations for us. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were treated like royalty, thanks to Silvana.

The hotel was very clean and the rooms were spacious. All the help I encountered were personable and looking to go out of their way to help make my stay the best it could be.

I would happily stay here again.

Dear Marc C.,
Woo hoo! Your kind remarks just made my day. It is especially gratifying to know that I was able to assist in making your stay more memorable. It is always our goal here at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore to provide you with a ‘home away from home’ experience. We have such a talented team and it was our pleasure to serve you!
Coventry, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Hotel is absolutely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I always stay there when I am in Tampa on business and I will definitely stay there when I go back for the 1st time on a personal trip. Silvanna Greene the Guest Service Supervisor and all of the staff there are so nice. They are all very respectful of your time, greet you with a sincere smile and really want to make sure you are comfortable there. The rooms are extremely comfortable and clean. The gentleman who works the breakfast area really makes you feel comfortable and starts your day off right! The food is excellent.Their chicken marsala dish layered with Polenta for dinner is the best I have ever had! I highly recommend this hotel for any occassion!
Dave Izzo

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are very quiet.
Dear Mr. Izzo,
What a wonderful write up! I see you took my advice on the chicken marsala (now you see why it is my favorite dish at the Coast). I will pass your comments on to Coby in the restaurant as well. I look forward to your next stay! Thanks again.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel was awesome, Rosie checked us in and she was great, even though we arrived early. She helped with some lunch plans and told us the hot spots. Went to Frenchie's on Clearwater Beach and HaT Tricks after the hockey game. Hotel was clean and the people were friendly.

Room Tip: Hotel is by the airport, but noise is not an issue. Close to everything.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Runningontheroad,
Rosie is a great team player at our property. She is truly dedicated to the complete satisfaction of our guests. I’m so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and I will be sure to pass your feedback on to her!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have had numerous experienced with this hotel and their stellar staff. Had to call since another hotel ran into an over booked situation. Silvana remembered me, promptly arranged my reservation needs, and honored the rate although the hotel was selling higher. Silvana even called a few days before hand to ensure there were no additional needs and confirmation the reservation needs. Outstanding service!!!! She really makes the difference and her attitude and professionalism is contagious!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Jackie F.,
It was truly my pleasure to assist you and turn a stressful situation into a positive experience. We certainly appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next stay!
Silvana G.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!