“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The staff is very friendly/helpful, the rooms are very clean/comfortable and the location is perfect for business travel. Coast (the on site restaurant) serves pretty good food and the portions are more than enough to leave you satisfied. Overall a great hotel and value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear rllester3.
I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate the time you took to share your experiences at our property. The Coast restaurant is outstanding and I’m excited that you had a chance to dine with us. I hope to see you the next time that you travel to Tampa.
Take care, Silvana G.

494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Sarasota, FL USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was our 2nd visit, so I know our favorable reactions weren't a fluke. We arrived after a long, multi-leg flight from Europe. My watch said 10:00 p.m., but my body said 4:00 a.m. and we were too tired to drive safely back to Sarasota. Since our car was parked in the very-well-priced A-1 Express garage next to the HGI, and there is free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel, we called and reserved a room.

Room was clean and very comfortable -- delicious, actually, after a long flight and a stressful baggage retrieval. Speaking of delicious, the breakfast buffet was better than average as well, with eggs cooked to order by a cook (Peter Orlovic) who actually listens to what you want, and lots of other tasty choices. He also had made some corn muffins with cranberries that my husband really enjoyed. At about $12 p.p. on Sept. 8, 2013. that is a very good value.

All the staff seemed really nice and responsive, from the gals at the lobby desk to the waitress to the To the Op. Mgr. we spoke to, Christopher Bryant. We wanted him to know that he was helping to run a hotel to be proud of.

I gave this HGI a top -- Excellent -- rating not because it's one of the greatest hotels in the world, but because it's extremely good for what it is, in terms pf comfort, value, cleanliness and location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Cando, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travels about your stay at our hotel. I can only image how exhasted you were after the long flight from Europe. I am thrilled that you enjoyed everything from the parking, to breakfast, and expecially the staff. Thank you for giving us such a favorable rating. We hope you can visit us again in the future!

Safe Travels,
Todd Kinney
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

After a long drive from New Orleans, my sister and I was looking forward to a hot bath and a comfortable hotel to rest our head.But instead we got a hotel that showed beautiful online and a major disappointment when we arrived.The air in the room was filled with a fragrace designed to cover up something.The sofa bed was stained ,the mattress as well.Stained curtains,and pillow cases. The first thing I said to my sister was this can't be happening to us.Ok, the hotel I'm referring to is the TOWNEPLACE SUITES (MARRIOTT),Avion Park Dr. I have always loved the Hilton Hotels,and during my travels through out the years Hilton Corp.has never disappointed me.I looked out of the window of the hotel my sister booked :-) and saw Hilton,I walked over and was at awww, as I approached the front desk I was greeted with a pleasant smile from Rosie and Jonathan. I explained my situation to Rosie,and she went beyond a front desk clerk by taking us from a potentially unpleasant trip to one with great memories,. I will never forget this, and will return every year along with my family members and friends who will be returnig for the SAINTS BEATING THE BUCS .Thank you,Rosie ,because of you and other Hilton employees,we had the best first visit to Tampa.
ps Thank you for the complimentary breakfast. Donna & Gloria The traveling sisters

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Donna C,
Thanks for the wonderful compliments! I will insure that Rosie and Jonathan have a chance to read your great review. I’m so happy that we were able to make your first trip to Tampa a memorable one! It was a pleasure to host you here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore.
Take care, Silvana G.
Sheridan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Consistently good experience for 5th visit in just over a year. Hotel is clean and comfortable. Hotel staff are very responsive. Breakfast buffet is good. Complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport is very efficient. There is also local shuttle services to several malls. Always a good experience. Sleep Number beds are wonderful!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jan K, Thank you for posting your recent expereince about our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel to meet your needs. We hope that you will continue to stay with us on your next visit to Tampa. Again, thank you for your comments and safe travels!

Todd Kinney
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Excellent place to stay near airport and mall. Did some shopping and then went to a concert at the Middle Florida arena. Nice modern, hip feel. Very clean rooms and friendly staff. Nice pool area and pretty lobby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Amanda,

Thank you for your recent stay here with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport and I am glad that you found our property to be a good fit when visiting for a music event @ the Florida Arena. We take pride in trying to offer our guest the very best and I am excited that you found our property to be a good fit.

If you find yourself coming back to the Tampa area, I hope you will continue to stay with us and we wish you safe travels in the near future!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed only one night, but had a great experience. I was welcomed by Silvana at the front desk with a warm smile and some wonderful restaurant recommendations. Nice big comfortable rooms at a fair price for the proximity to TPA. The staff was constantly were asking me if there is anything else they can do to help make my stay more enjoyable. I'll definitely be coming again!

Dear Kevin,
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. After reading your response I can tell that you were pleased with our property, customer service and the amenities offered to our guest. We can’t wait to have you back as a repeat customer and in the meantime we wish you safe travels!
Thanks and take care!
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stay at this property on a bi-weekly basis and it's a perfect central location for everything you want to do in Tampa. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, the internet is faster than most hotels, and the Coast Cuisine restaurant is amazing!

I'm always greeted by name when I walk into this place and Silvana at the front desk will do everything possible to accommodate your needs. If you are looking for a great business friendly hotel, this is your spot. Oh, and the parking is free as well!

Dear Liquor Man,
We would like to say thank you for recently choosing to be our guest! We are glad that we are the perfect hotel to meet your needs while in Tampa and we hope that we will continue to be your preferred hotel for many years to come! In addition, I know Silvana will be more than pleased when she see’s your review. She is more than dedicated to make sure each guest is well taken care of and your review is a true testament to her commitment!

Thanks again and safe travels!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!