“Great Mini-(honey)Moon” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cape Coral, United States
“Great Mini-(honey)Moon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We drove up to Tampa for a mini honeymoon that we never got to take to go to Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and aquarium. Found the hotel through scorecard which we have points with. Thought it was great that they had a whirlpool tub suite, just wish there were pictures of it first; its located in the bathroom, no tv access. But the whirlpool was big and nice to sit in after a long day at busch gardens. It's located in a very upscale part of Tampa, which means food is a bit more expensive. We went to Ruth Chris' Steakhouse at 10 for some quick food, but it cost $60... oh well! Parking is in the parking garage, which is cool. Also all the restaurants have valet so its hard to find a parking spot if you go to one of the two malls. My husband used the fitness center and loved it. I went in the pool, not as warm as I would have liked it, but okay. The room was really big, but they need bigger fitted sheets for the king size bed. They offer room service which is cool; but we did not use it. The Coast looked like it had good food, just not something we wanted. We went to Mitchell's seafood... spent the same from Ruth Chris but got way more food. The area is nice and there is an IHOP down the street too. Oh yeah, it's also by the airport, but I did not hear any flying by and we were on the 5th floor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Jennifer M,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa, as well as for taking the time to write a review. I was elated to see that you enjoyed your time here in Tampa and that while on your mini-honeymoon you were able to experience a lot of the great attractions and dining options in which Tampa has to offer. I think you made some great points in your review in regards to the hotel and look forward to sharing these with the other team members.

I hope that whenever returning to the area, you will continue to use our property and we wish you safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Typical day for a business traveler.....................waited in traffic on the way to the airport, waited in line to park, waitied in line for my ticket, TSA was backed-up, waited several mintues when we landed becuase of a thunderstorm, backage took an additional 45 minutes-lightning challenges, shuttle to hotel never picked me up (shuttle service not Hilton shuttle). Upon finally arriving at the hotel Silvana had my day do a complete "360". I have always enjoyed staying at this property and will continue to do so. They are all friendly and very helpful to all of their guests from what I have experienced.

Only thing I would change is for this property to really updgrade their work out facilities or to belong to a local gym for guest use. For many business travelers health and wellness is a priority and is considered when booking a stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Tom F,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the HGI Tampa Airport / Westshore. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and I am glad to see the Silvana was able to make a positive impact on a rather not so positive day! I will definitely take your feedback in regards to our fitness center and share it with the team.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and we wish you safe travels!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I selected this hotel as a convenience factor to the tampa airport. I try only to stay in Hilton hotels so I am very familiar with the hgi brand. Of course the accommodations were that of a well managed hotel, very clean and the food there is great! Where this hgi stands out from other hotels I have stayed at is the attentiveness of the staff. Silvana set the bar! I review a lot of hotels and always recognize that special person I encounter.... This trip it is her. I truly appreciate her friendly approach and genuine interest in ensuring I had a pleasant stay. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Jackie F,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn and for taking the time to write a review. We are always eager to provide the very best in hotel accommodations and I am elated to see that Silvana offered you a one of a kind experience. Silvana is truly an asset to our team and I know that you she will be pleased to see she was a key a part in the success of your stay with us.

I hope that whenever returning to the area you will continue to use our property and we wish you safe travels in the future!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Fornt desk staff is very friendly and have very good tips. Dayana is very friendly and always tries to help you out! This hotel has a bar and the restaurant is pretty decent.A few minutes from the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear GG_Brazil,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and we appreciate you sharing about your experience while at our Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. I was so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that the customer service received by Dayana was spot on. Dayana is a wonderful asset to our HGI family and I know she will be elated to read your review.

We hope that you will continue to stay with us when returning to Tampa and we wish you safe travels!
Sayreville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Staff was very helpful, especially Silvana at the front desk. Thanks to her we were able to do an early check in. she was so nice and did everything to help us through out our stay. Hilton is blessed to have her at the front desk.

Clean rooms, nice restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Farhana S,

I want to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay with us, as well as taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor! It was so nice to see that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and that Silvana our Guest Relations Supervisor provided you with such detailed service. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn we try and offer all of our guest a personalized experience and I am glad that Silvana delivered this type of service to you.

I hope when returning to Tampa you will continue to use our property and we wish you safe travels!
Tarpon Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is not only beautiful but offers so many ammenities that you can take advantage of. We could only stay one night and in that short visit we were treated like royalty. We highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who likes being treated special and has that kind of treatment handed to them on a silver platter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Carol H,

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us and for your kind words written in your review. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn we daily strive to be the very best in our business and your review lets us know we are headed in the right direction. I hope that whenever traveling you will be treated with the same warmth and kindness that you received here; and that whenever headed back to our area you will continue to give us the opportunity to once again have you as our guest.

Thanks and safe travels!
Margate, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Good time. Rosie at the front desk was wonderful and very helpful. Nice hotel, good food and the malls are very close.Easy access to airport. 24/7 free shuttle to local eateries and mall. Really enjoyed my stay. Was there 4 days for business. Nice bar and lounge. Beds were a little tough, some sort of foam like bed. Room was clean. Breakfast was good in the morning.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear AndreC444,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us, as well as taking the time to share with future travelers the experience you had while staying here at our property. I am so glad to hear Rosie provided you with top notch customer service and that our hotel’s amenities were the right fit for your travel needs. I also wanted to share with you that here at Hilton Garden Inn we feature our very own Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System. The beds are adjustable to the softness or firmness of your liking, along with a wool pillow top mattress for added comfort. The control for the bed is located on the mattress, towards the headboard and under the fitted sheet. In the future, if you find a mattress to firm at one of our HGI locations, just a quick turn of a knob and you will be on your way to the perfect nights rest.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we wish you safe travels.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!