“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Vancouver, Canada
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. From the time we arrived at the airport, everything from pickup from the airport to check in was very efficient. Staff, from front desk, to managers, to cleaning staff, to restaurant staff are all courteous and friendly. Very well run establishment.

Definitely recommended. There is no noise from the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Worldtravelorplus,

I woud like to first and foremost thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Tampa, as well as taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay! In addition I am glad to see that you found our hotel to be the perfect fit for your needs while on the road! From our second to none customer serivce to our one of a kind "Coast" restuarant; we are always eager to provide the very best in hotel accommodations and I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay.

I hope whenever returning to the Tampa area you will continue to use our property as we look forward to having you as a return guest!

Thanks and safe travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was the best Garden Inn I have stayed in. Driving up to the hotel gave me a good feeling that it was clean and modern. I was greeted by Dayana at the front desk as if we were friends from the past. She was helpful, courteous and efficient. She was proud of her hotel and rightfully so. The restaurant was the best in value and quality for both dinner and breakfast. Outstanding chef and wait staff. The hotel is clean from lobby to rooms. I don't get to Tampa that often, but when I do, this is the place I will stay.

Dear Jill R,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport and for taking the time to write a review. In addition I am more than elated to see how satisfied you were with our property. We are always eager to provide a great product with second to none customer service and I am thrilled to see that this was the type of experience you had!

Whenever returning to the Tampa area we look forward to having you as a repeat guest and we wish you safe travels in the future!

Thanks and best wishes!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I needed to be in Tampa for a business and this hotel was convenient, and priced well. I was greeted by a very friendly and professional staff who have now gone above the call of duty three times. The most impressive was that my kids evidently took my brush out of my travel kit, i went down to the desk to see if that was something they had (as some hotels do) but they did not. Rosie at the front desk told me that she had to be back early in the morning and she actually picked up a brush for me. They have exceeded my expectations since i arrived. The room is clean, the food is good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Joe J,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience while staying with us. I am so thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay and I am even more excited to hear about the customer service you received from Rosie. Here at our hotel we really strive to go above and beyond for our customers and it looks like Rosie did just that!!

Whenever returning to the hotel Tampa area, I hope you will continue to use our Hilton Garden Inn and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Thanks and safe travel,
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Wow. My Mom and I were so surprised to find such a fabulous, gourmet restaurant here. We were staying as hotel guests on our way to a cruise out of Tampa. We did not want to go out to dinner and tried the hotel restuarant, not expecting much.
"Coast" is seriously good, with a varied menu, well staffed and surprisingly well priced! Great prices in fact ....the duck and mango quesadillas were to die for. We shared a lot of appetitizers and found each dish to be exceptional. Stay at this hotel and have a great meal if you are coming in and out of Tampa airport!

Dear Jeri0,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Tampa and for your fantastic feedback about our Coast Restaurant. We have a great Food & Beverage team here at the Hilton Garden Inn and our staff works hard every day at preparing delicious and creative meals for our guest! I hope that when returning to the Tampa area you will continue to stay with us and we wish you safe travels on all your future adventures!

Best wishes!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

First time staying at this property, I only stayed one night for business but the front desk customer service was so great that I had to write the review. I was greeted with a smile from the 2 front desk ladies Rosie and Dayana. They were very nice and cordial. They also recommended a nice place for dinner.

Thank you again for a great stay, I'll be back soon

Dear ALFAOrlando_Florida,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am elated to hear about your experience and the customer service that you received while staying with us. Dayana and Rosie are both excellent Guest Service Agents and they both will be excited to know they had a positive impact on your stay.

We look forward to your future return and hope you will continue to use Hilton hotel whenever traveling worldwide.

Thanks and safe travels!
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Overall the rooms were average. May be a little dated on carpet. A/C can be ice cold or hot. Everything else good.

The front desk attendants were nice and professional. It is what I expect at Hilton Garden Inns, wherever I stay.

However, Silvana & Rosie were exceptional. I commend them, and hotel management for hiring them.

Restaurant service was very good.

Room Tip: Higher floors have hotter A/C. Stay in lower floors if you want better cooling. It is hot in the su...
Dear Richard T,

I would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Tampa. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn we strive to provide the very best customer service and I am glad that Silvana and Rosie provided you with exceptional service. I also would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with the a/c in your room. I will make sure to discuss your review with our chief engineer so that can continue our journey to being the very best hotel in the Tampa neighborhood!

Thanks and safe travels!
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My family chose to stay here for our vacation after reading reviews. Overall, we were not disappointed. Some of our group drove in from Georgia and my husband, daughter and I flew in from Texas. It is very close to the hotel. They have a complimentary shuttle bus to the hotel. We called them when we got to baggage claim and only waited about 5-10 minutes.

We arrived at the hotel around 3pm and they were able to accommodate our request for a room with our family members that had already checked in. Check in took less than 5 minutes and we were on to our room. We had a king bed with small sofa & desk area. Very good size of room for our 11 month old daughter to walk around and play in. The room was clean. We had a small refrigerator and microwave as well.

The pool area is nice. The breakfast buffet was good at $11 - you can have omelettes made and waffles. They had free cookies in the evening. They also sold Starbucks there as well.

The Thursday evening when we checked in, they were having a small event outside with the other two hotels next door and hotel guests were allowed to attend. Free food, drinks, games, & fun. We won free beach towels. Good time.

Guests were also allowed to use the parking garage for free by using your room key for access.

My only complaint was that when we left for the beach Saturday morning, we expected to return to a clean room to shower and rest. We left around 9am & returned about 2:30pm. Our room was still as we left it. No clean towels so we had to ask the maid service down the hall. She apologized at least. After we had showered, I called the front desk to have someone clean our room. Two hours later no one had come. As we left out for dinner, I told the front desk again. Our room was clean by the time we got back.

Everything else was great and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Traveler, thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad that enjoyed your overall visit tour hotel. I am also glad you were able to participate in our event we had outside for our local costumers; I hope you enjoyed the beach towels! I am sorry about your room not being cleaned timely. I can understand why you would be disappointed to come back to a dirty room. We will be sure to share with our Housekeeping team. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Todd Kinney

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!