You added Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore to your Saves list
Ranked #5 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

we stayed here the night before a cruise. The hotel staff recommended a shuttle service to the port. We found out that the shuttle service charged $9 per person, we got a taxi for all 4 of us, for $20.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Suntree, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went to Tampa on a work trip and the company booked us into a hotel down the street. Within seconds of sitting in the parking lot, I knew I needed to change hotels. I called around and the Hilton Garden Inn gave me a great rate and I headed over there.

I was very impressed! The front desk person Cathy greeted me warmly and everyone was very friendly. We have an oversized dually and had no trouble finding parking. Which was free as was the WIFI.

Our room was very clean. Clean to the point that the bathroom tile was so white, your eyes had to adjust after coming in from the darker sitting room. I loved the sleep number beds and everything was crisp and clean.

The bathroom water pressure was strong and the settings allowed for many degrees of temperature changes without scalding or freezing. The shower head was set high to accommodate all heights.

My stay was over the top when I called from extra towels. Usually at a hotel you make the call and wait and wait and have to call again. Not at the Hilton. Within minutes a smiling person brought me a stack (see pictures it really was a stack) of still warm towels. She was also very friendly.

We stayed on a Tuesday night and the hotel was full of airline and business people but it was very quiet which is important to me. We only heard the airplanes a few times which was a nice surprise. I figured they would be very loud because the hotel is so close to the airport.

Some tips:

We "upgraded" to a suite. Calling it a suite is a bit of an exaggeration. It was a larger than normal room with a sitting area, hallway and bedroom. No door to separate the rooms. It was nice and I liked it, but it was not what I would call a suite.

The hotel is not walking distance to anything. There is a IHOP down the street but thats about it. You do need a car if you don't want to eat on site.

Free parking...need I say more?

Room Tip: Unless you really need a sitting area, save the money and get the standard room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Ariesfire;
Thank you very much for your recent posting about your visit to our hotel. We really appreciate you recognizing the efforts made by our staff. Cathy will be excited to know that you appreciated her hospitality! I especially like the comments about the “warm” towels. That is a special touch. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Tampa!

Hopewell Junction, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My son and I stayed here when attending a spring training baseball game. We found it to be a very convenient location. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. The room was clean and spacious. They had room service available, but not until 5:00pm. It has all the basics and is a good value. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kahala4;
On behalf of the entire staff here at the HGI Tampa Airport, we appreciate you taking the time to comment on your visit. I am glad you and your family had a nice visit while attending spring training baseball. Tampa is a great place to be during spring training. We hope you choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The stay here was great. Friendly, clean, and quiet. They offer a shuttle service to various local places which is nice after traveling all day to get here. Our room was fantastic and we will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Arrowhuntr;
Thank you for sharing your posting with other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is located right next to the airport and down the street from the International Mall, with lots of restaurants and shopping choices. Patrons can park in the lot next to the hotel or in the parking garage across the street. Parking is free. The room was well-appointed, and the pool looked very inviting. The only 2 downsides: 1) no HGTV or Food Network! and 2) the water was relatively soft, which I do not like, but that may be something that some folks would want.

If you are flying out early and need to return your rental car, it's just a quick drive over to the airport facility. Of all of the places you might stay in Tampa near the airport, this one and the Homewood Suites across the street, are probably your best bets.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear chatto;
Thank you for the recent posting about your visit to our hotel last month. I am hope you were able to take advantage of the many restaurants and shopping while in our area. We are sorry we do not have HGTV and the food Network. We will check with our cable provider and see what our options are to add those channels. The soft water is a norm in south Florida as we have very hard water. We use water softeners to “soften” the water. Takes a bit to get used to, especially if you don’t frequent our market. Again, thank you for the comments and we hope to see you again in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night recently, and the hotel was overall good. Nothing too special and nothing out of the ordinary. My favorite parts were the buffet breakfast and cleanliness of the rooms. The buffet breakfast had a variety from fruits, bacon/sausage, to muffins and bagels, to your own omelet station. Another great part were the beds being comfy. It does bring a microwave and a mini fridge. The only downside was having to park. There were no spots outside so I parked in the garage (which was very close to being completely full). Room service isn't 24 hrs but they have a mini snack area available. In regards to location, it's close to the airport and you do have to drive at least 10 minutes to get to any restaurants. Overall a decent and pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Baby1987,
Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our team and other travelers. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel overall, as well as the breakfast, beds and room cleanliness. I am glad you were able to find a parking spot in our coverage garage. I know this can be difficult at times when we are at full capacity. Rest a sure, as it may have seemed our garage was filling up quickly, we do have plenty of surface parking available for overflow throughout the park.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This a really decent hotel for this price range. It's a clean establishment with very helpful staff, comfortable beds, and decent rooms. For a three star hotel in this area it is probably one of, if not the, best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent comments about your visit to our property. I am glad you enjoyed the comfortable beds and rooms. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Todd Kinney

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!