“Baseball Convenience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Baseball Convenience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My son and I stayed here when attending a spring training baseball game. We found it to be a very convenient location. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. The room was clean and spacious. They had room service available, but not until 5:00pm. It has all the basics and is a good value. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Kahala4;
On behalf of the entire staff here at the HGI Tampa Airport, we appreciate you taking the time to comment on your visit. I am glad you and your family had a nice visit while attending spring training baseball. Tampa is a great place to be during spring training. We hope you choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

596 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The stay here was great. Friendly, clean, and quiet. They offer a shuttle service to various local places which is nice after traveling all day to get here. Our room was fantastic and we will be back.

Dear Arrowhuntr;
Thank you for sharing your posting with other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is located right next to the airport and down the street from the International Mall, with lots of restaurants and shopping choices. Patrons can park in the lot next to the hotel or in the parking garage across the street. Parking is free. The room was well-appointed, and the pool looked very inviting. The only 2 downsides: 1) no HGTV or Food Network! and 2) the water was relatively soft, which I do not like, but that may be something that some folks would want.

If you are flying out early and need to return your rental car, it's just a quick drive over to the airport facility. Of all of the places you might stay in Tampa near the airport, this one and the Homewood Suites across the street, are probably your best bets.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear chatto;
Thank you for the recent posting about your visit to our hotel last month. I am hope you were able to take advantage of the many restaurants and shopping while in our area. We are sorry we do not have HGTV and the food Network. We will check with our cable provider and see what our options are to add those channels. The soft water is a norm in south Florida as we have very hard water. We use water softeners to “soften” the water. Takes a bit to get used to, especially if you don’t frequent our market. Again, thank you for the comments and we hope to see you again in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night recently, and the hotel was overall good. Nothing too special and nothing out of the ordinary. My favorite parts were the buffet breakfast and cleanliness of the rooms. The buffet breakfast had a variety from fruits, bacon/sausage, to muffins and bagels, to your own omelet station. Another great part were the beds being comfy. It does bring a microwave and a mini fridge. The only downside was having to park. There were no spots outside so I parked in the garage (which was very close to being completely full). Room service isn't 24 hrs but they have a mini snack area available. In regards to location, it's close to the airport and you do have to drive at least 10 minutes to get to any restaurants. Overall a decent and pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Baby1987,
Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our team and other travelers. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel overall, as well as the breakfast, beds and room cleanliness. I am glad you were able to find a parking spot in our coverage garage. I know this can be difficult at times when we are at full capacity. Rest a sure, as it may have seemed our garage was filling up quickly, we do have plenty of surface parking available for overflow throughout the park.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This a really decent hotel for this price range. It's a clean establishment with very helpful staff, comfortable beds, and decent rooms. For a three star hotel in this area it is probably one of, if not the, best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent comments about your visit to our property. I am glad you enjoyed the comfortable beds and rooms. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a long review because I had such a great experience. Here's my email to the General Manager:

I am writing to tell you about my wonderful experience at your hotel. I was part of the group that stayed there for the CFP review over the first weekend in November. Never have I seen such a well-oiled "machine". Everyone that I spoke with there was pleasant and helpful. I did not encounter one person that wasn't happy to be at work. In fact several employees went out of their way (or at least way above the level of service that I have gotten elsewhere) to make sure that I was a satisfied guest. I travel a good amount so I have had a variety of experiences at different hotels. There are a few people that I would like to mention to you that were part of making my experience so wonderful.

Silvana at the front desk went above and beyond in making sure that my room was satisfactory. There was a small maintenance issue and she made sure to take care of it right away. On top of that she actually called me to make sure the issue was resolved to my satisfaction. That has NEVER happened to me before. She even went so far as to have a nice goodie bag delivered to my room for the inconvenience with a handwritten note. Cathy at the front desk was also very professional and helped me book a second stay at your facility two weeks later when we had to take the actual CFP exam. She was very efficient at making my reservation as we had a very tight schedule during the review session. I was very appreciative of her speed and accuracy at booking my reservation.

Rick, who I believe was the food and beverage manager, also was very helpful. In fact, I was surprised to hear that he was in a supervisory capacity as he was the one that attended my table a couple of times during the four day review course. He ran my food once and refilled my drink. I was very pleased to hear about his management style and the pride he takes in doing his job. He was very knowledgeable when ever I asked about the restaurant and recommendations for my dinner. I wish there were more managers with his old school approach to a team management.

Sara in housekeeping was extremely pleasant and helpful. I got to chat with her a little while I was working out one night and several times in passing during our classroom sessions. She answered all of the questions that I had and was able to direct me to the things that I needed. She was very courteous and polite.

And the housekeeping person that took care of my room from November 1-4th, room 509, did such a good job that I asked if the same person cleaned my room every day. She cleaned my room to amazing standards. She left me handwritten notes of kindness in the room, and she even made me a towel animal one day. These are simple gestures, but it is a nice added touch. I greatly appreciated them. She even accommodated my request for towels. I left a note on the second day only and I had extra towels in my room for the rest of my stay.

The property was beautiful and my stay was so amazing. The second visit mentioned above was to take the Certified Financial Planner exam which required another 3-day stay. It was hosted at another hotel less than a mile away. However, because of the amazing individuals listed above, I chose to stay at your hotel instead. I would like to congratulate you on having an amazing property and an even more amazing team of professionals.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email.

Room Tip: The only place I would avoid getting booked at is the first floor by the elevator.