“Overall a good place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Overall a good place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night recently, and the hotel was overall good. Nothing too special and nothing out of the ordinary. My favorite parts were the buffet breakfast and cleanliness of the rooms. The buffet breakfast had a variety from fruits, bacon/sausage, to muffins and bagels, to your own omelet station. Another great part were the beds being comfy. It does bring a microwave and a mini fridge. The only downside was having to park. There were no spots outside so I parked in the garage (which was very close to being completely full). Room service isn't 24 hrs but they have a mini snack area available. In regards to location, it's close to the airport and you do have to drive at least 10 minutes to get to any restaurants. Overall a decent and pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Baby1987,
Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our team and other travelers. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel overall, as well as the breakfast, beds and room cleanliness. I am glad you were able to find a parking spot in our coverage garage. I know this can be difficult at times when we are at full capacity. Rest a sure, as it may have seemed our garage was filling up quickly, we do have plenty of surface parking available for overflow throughout the park.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Todd Kinney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This a really decent hotel for this price range. It's a clean establishment with very helpful staff, comfortable beds, and decent rooms. For a three star hotel in this area it is probably one of, if not the, best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent comments about your visit to our property. I am glad you enjoyed the comfortable beds and rooms. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a long review because I had such a great experience. Here's my email to the General Manager:

I am writing to tell you about my wonderful experience at your hotel. I was part of the group that stayed there for the CFP review over the first weekend in November. Never have I seen such a well-oiled "machine". Everyone that I spoke with there was pleasant and helpful. I did not encounter one person that wasn't happy to be at work. In fact several employees went out of their way (or at least way above the level of service that I have gotten elsewhere) to make sure that I was a satisfied guest. I travel a good amount so I have had a variety of experiences at different hotels. There are a few people that I would like to mention to you that were part of making my experience so wonderful.

Silvana at the front desk went above and beyond in making sure that my room was satisfactory. There was a small maintenance issue and she made sure to take care of it right away. On top of that she actually called me to make sure the issue was resolved to my satisfaction. That has NEVER happened to me before. She even went so far as to have a nice goodie bag delivered to my room for the inconvenience with a handwritten note. Cathy at the front desk was also very professional and helped me book a second stay at your facility two weeks later when we had to take the actual CFP exam. She was very efficient at making my reservation as we had a very tight schedule during the review session. I was very appreciative of her speed and accuracy at booking my reservation.

Rick, who I believe was the food and beverage manager, also was very helpful. In fact, I was surprised to hear that he was in a supervisory capacity as he was the one that attended my table a couple of times during the four day review course. He ran my food once and refilled my drink. I was very pleased to hear about his management style and the pride he takes in doing his job. He was very knowledgeable when ever I asked about the restaurant and recommendations for my dinner. I wish there were more managers with his old school approach to a team management.

Sara in housekeeping was extremely pleasant and helpful. I got to chat with her a little while I was working out one night and several times in passing during our classroom sessions. She answered all of the questions that I had and was able to direct me to the things that I needed. She was very courteous and polite.

And the housekeeping person that took care of my room from November 1-4th, room 509, did such a good job that I asked if the same person cleaned my room every day. She cleaned my room to amazing standards. She left me handwritten notes of kindness in the room, and she even made me a towel animal one day. These are simple gestures, but it is a nice added touch. I greatly appreciated them. She even accommodated my request for towels. I left a note on the second day only and I had extra towels in my room for the rest of my stay.

The property was beautiful and my stay was so amazing. The second visit mentioned above was to take the Certified Financial Planner exam which required another 3-day stay. It was hosted at another hotel less than a mile away. However, because of the amazing individuals listed above, I chose to stay at your hotel instead. I would like to congratulate you on having an amazing property and an even more amazing team of professionals.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email.

Room Tip: The only place I would avoid getting booked at is the first floor by the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you're looking for a great hotel right next to the airport, we highly recommend this one. We like the Garden Inn brand in general, and this was no exception. The staff were extremely friendly. And we couldn't hear any airport noise for our room--well rested for travel the next day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. I am glad you found our staff helpful and we thank you for being loyal to the HIlton Garden brand. We look forward to seeing you in the furure sould your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a standard and solid entry in the HGI family of properties. I stayed here on business in 2012 and chose to return in 2013, with no issues either time. The location is literally across from the runway at Tampa International. My only complaint is that, apart from the on-site restaurant, there is nothing else within walking distance; you'll need to drive at least a short way to the mall or other Westshore dining options.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your visit to our hotel. We are glad that you decided to return this year. Should your travels bring your back to Tampa in the future please be sure to use our complimentary hotel mall shuttle. We offer shuttle service to 2 area malls where there is plenty of shopping and dining available. Safe Travels

nova scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Used this hotel pre and post cruise out of Tampa. Excellent value for your money. Friendly staff, courteous and helpful. Junior suites are awesome - spacious. Mini-fridge, microwave, two great beds and a double pullout. No problem to get extra bedding. Definitely will stay here again. Groundjet helped with transportation to and from pier - easy access to the airport via the shuttle which was prompt. Clean, clean, clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We are pleased to see your comments about your visit to our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the junior suite and all of its amenities. I hope you had a wonderful cruise! We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Chevy Chase, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for a business trip. As a Hilton Honors Member I have the opportunity to stay in many Hilton properties and I found this particular location to be a notch up from other Hilton Garden Inns where I have stayed.

I found the property very clean and modern. The lobby area was spacious and clean and uniquely had a full restaurant and full bar and lounge area. The staff were very polite and welcoming.

I found the room to be very clean and well appointed. The bathroom was a bit on the small side but everything functioned well, and like the room, was very clean.

The bed was comfortable and the room had a comfortable sofa (that I presume was a sleeper).

The restaurant was also surprisingly good for being on-premise. The food for both dinner and the breakfast buffet was fresh and well presented. In particular the breakfast buffet had a nice variety of very fresh fruit and the eggs and accompanying side dishes were properly cooked and very tasty.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,
Thank you very much for your positive comments. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff, Silvana and Cathy. They do a great job for us, and they will be thrilled to see that you mentioned them.
I am glad you enjoyed everything about your stay, and I hope your exam was a success. We hope that you can visit us again in the near future.

Todd Kinney

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!