“Convienient and Comfortable Stay for Business” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Convienient and Comfortable Stay for Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for a business trip. As a Hilton Honors Member I have the opportunity to stay in many Hilton properties and I found this particular location to be a notch up from other Hilton Garden Inns where I have stayed.

I found the property very clean and modern. The lobby area was spacious and clean and uniquely had a full restaurant and full bar and lounge area. The staff were very polite and welcoming.

I found the room to be very clean and well appointed. The bathroom was a bit on the small side but everything functioned well, and like the room, was very clean.

The bed was comfortable and the room had a comfortable sofa (that I presume was a sleeper).

The restaurant was also surprisingly good for being on-premise. The food for both dinner and the breakfast buffet was fresh and well presented. In particular the breakfast buffet had a nice variety of very fresh fruit and the eggs and accompanying side dishes were properly cooked and very tasty.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you very much for your positive comments. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff, Silvana and Cathy. They do a great job for us, and they will be thrilled to see that you mentioned them.
I am glad you enjoyed everything about your stay, and I hope your exam was a success. We hope that you can visit us again in the near future.

Todd Kinney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked two rooms the day before my stepdaughter and children were scheduled to fly out of Tampa so we wouldn't have to awake at the crack of dawn to drive them there. Check in was fast and efficient with the front desk staff giving me helpful tips about the hotel and surrounding area. There is a complimentary shuttle to the airport and nearby attractions. The rooms were spacious and clean with a sitting area adjacent to the bedroom and two televisions. The kids loved the outside pool and hot tub, and the hotel restaurant, Coast, was above average for a hotel, with varied choices. The bar area was packed with people eating and watching the college basketball tournament, but I understand the food is good there as well. There is a breakfast buffet for a fee but you can also order eggs, waffles, and pancakes to order. The chef was friendly and went out of his way to make exactly what we wanted and the wait staff both at dinner and breakfast were friendly and accommodating. There was some confusion with the complimentary parking with no parking spots available upon our arrival but that was resolved with a little bit of creativity. All in all the Hilton Garden Inn was quite impressive and very convenient to our needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Elkhart, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The beds in this hotel are adjustable sleep number. I am not a fan of this mattress at all. The hotel staff were very pleasant and the other accommodations were exceptional. The mattress simply made my experience unpleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Jodi,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about your recent visit to our hotel. I am sorry that our Garden Sleep System adjustable bed, did not appeal to you. I can understand how frustrating it can be if you do not get a good nights’ sleep. Typically, we receive many positive comments about our beds, however, we also understand that each of our guest have a unique preference for comfort. Again, we are sorry we were not able to win you over with our Sleep System beds.
I am glad that you enjoyed the other elements of the hotel and staff. We will be sure to share with our team. Should your travels bring you back to Tampa, please contact us, and we will make every effort to ensure you have a bed that meets your preference!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Efficient shuttle from / to Airport. Comfortable well appointed rooms with good desk work area and internet. Front staff responsive to initial problem with room. Great beds. Restaurant very good for dinner and breakfast. Coffee bar very good service early morning. Check-in can be a bit congested.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear, Jan J;
Thank you for the great comment. I am so pleased that you found our rooms, bed and internet to your likings. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed our “Coast” Restaurant as well. We certainly hope that you have the chance to stay with us again in the future. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Safe Travels!

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Pros: Superb location if you're flying in/our of Tampa airport. Very close to shopping & dining @ International Plaza/or Westshore Blvd. The front desk staff is always friendly , the bar / lounge is a good place to network/meet other travelers. Rooms are always clean. Nice gym / pool.

Cons:
I'm not a fan of these adjust-o-matic HGI beds. Rooms do seems a bit dark. Parking can be difficult at times as it's shared with the Homewood Suites that's always booked.

Verdict: I've stayed here at least 5 or 6 times for business and will continue to stay due to location & price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
MRMAG00;

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback, as our staff looks forward to seeing the many online postings from our guest. I am glad to know that our location is ideal for you, and that you find our staff friendly as they take much pride in engaging with our guest.

I am sorry our beds don’t appeal to your comfort. The next time you stay with us, please let me know, and I can assist you in adjusting the comfort levels of the bed to your likings. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Tampa.

SE USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are nice. We were in a junior suite which is great if one person wants to get up and use the desk while not disturbing the other.
The hotel is conveniently located to the airport, International Mall and Westshore Mall (both of which have some very good restaurants).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Travchef, Thank you for the positive review. We are glad you enjoyed our junior suite, as it is has a great room layout and allows guest to socialize while not disturbing the other occupants.
Our hotel is centrally located in the heart of the Westhshore business and dining district. I hope you were able to take advantage of dining at one of our wonderful area restaurants.
On behalf of the entire team, thank you and we hope to see you again!

Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We just stayed one night but were impressed by services available like free shuttle service to and from the airport and to locations within 3 miles of the hotel. The rooms are clean, comfortable and attractively decorated. The staff members were courteous.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear MBart,
Greetings from the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your recent experience to our hotel. Our proximity to the airport and our complimentary 24 hr airport shuttle makes our hotel a popular location for business and leisure travelers. We will be sure to share your comments to our staff about their hospitality.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!

Todd Kinney

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!