“Decent hotel with a good pool” 4 of 5 stars

Cruise Transportation
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston
“Decent hotel with a good pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is modern, clean and located close to the International Mall. The pool is a size sufficient for swimming, hot tub is good too. Rooms are in good order and the wifi works efficiently. There is a workout room, although it is on the small side. Stayed on business and would stay again. You get some noise from the airport so this might be a consideration for when you choose a room.

Room Tip: Avoid the handicap rooms - they just feel rather cold and empty - although they are quite a bit bigg...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
James2n,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. We appreciate you sharing your feedback about your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and were pleased with the accommodations of our hotel. Our guest rooms, location of hotel, and amenities such as the pool, are a big hit with our guest. If your travels bring you back to Tampa in the future, we hope you will choose our hotel again.

Todd Kinney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Ao Nang, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

very close to Tampa airport, nice rooms, good choice for breakfast. but staff is unpolite and indifferent ... nobody knows anything.
the service at the restaurant downstairs is not best at all, even if the food is nice.
white house wine is terrible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Yulia,
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry our Food & Beverage team did not deliver the high level of service that they are known for. This is very uncharacteristic of our team, however I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff.

Thank you again, for your feedback, and also thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. If your travels bring you back to Tampa we hope that you decide to give our team another opportunity to demonstrate the high level of service that is expected from a Hilton Hotel.

Sincerely
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

THe rooms are pleasant and quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful. The restaurant is convenient and well priced. If you have to stay at the airport, this is certainly a very good hotel to stay in. I hand developed a brief but very unpleasant allergy attack landing in Tampa. This kind of thing is no fun on a business trip. The staff was helpful and kind and I really appreciate the attention they gave me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed across the road at the Hilton Homewood Suites. During our one week stay, we ate breakfast and dinner at this Hilton Garden Inn, quite frequently. Our first experience was dinner ordered in to our suite. It was delivered by Nicole - who was such a nice lady. Our visit to Tampa was due to a family tragedy and after 16 long hours of airport travel, I became emotional when she arrived at our door with our dinner order. We were happy to again see her the following evening, when we arrived at the restaurant with other family members. The food is wonderful, both dinner and breakfast. The staff are very attentive. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear bensmom;

On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport and the Homewood Suites, thank you for posting your experience about our properties. First of all, we are sorry you had to visit Tampa under the circumstances and we hope all of your family is well. I will be sure to share your feedback with Nicole. She has is great asset to our team! Again, thank you for your feedback, and if your travels bring you back to Tampa in the future we hope you choose one of our Hilton Avion Park hotels again. Happy holidays.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel was welcoming with comfortable beds, clean rooms & the staff gave great service.
The breakfast was excellent & a great start to the day.
Very convenient for the airport & shopping malls that were nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
salem va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Very nice property located near the airport. Property is very well taken care of. Nice landscaping, great views from our room, we was able to see the airport and rj stadium. Room was very nice with comfortable beds, there was signs showing you could adjust beds firmness, however we could not tell much difference in any of the settings. This was not a problem as the bed was very comfortable. Room was very spacious and felt like home. Bathroom was very clean with all the amenities you expect from a top rate hotel. Internet was very quick and the business center was a big help to take care of printing some last minutes docs I forgot. No charge to use their computers or printers.

There is a nice outdoor pool on the property that looked well taken care of although we did not get a chance to enjoy it.

There is also an on site Starbucks and there is a convenient pantry to take care of your munchies. It is well stocked with soft drinks,snacks and other necesaties you may need.

Originally when I booked the room I was under the impression that breakfest was included with our stay which led to an issue with the onsite restaurant.
We went to the restaurant to grab a quick snack in the morning as we were in a hurry to get to our cruise. On the day we visited for some reason the wait to be seated sign was missing, so we headed on in to get some light food. After grabbing a few banana's and milks we were greated by a rather rude waitress who informed me we was not to have seated ourselves and that we would have to pay. We did not have time to argue with her or to seek out mgmnt to address the discreprency as we had to get to our ship early due to the incoming hurricane. After returning from our cruise I completed the hotel survey and addressed the issue in detail. Within a couple days I was contacted by the restaurant mgr to address the issue and then contacted by the general manager as well. I must say I am very impressed at the attention they put into correcting the issue I had. I left that day very upset, however after speaking with the hotel manager, Todd, and being assured that this issue was corrected with the waitress and even addressed concerns over the website, I feel 100%confident this was an isolated incident with the food server that will never be repeated. Todd and Rick went out of their way to make me feel like the most valued guest they had and I completely appreciate the attention.
We rotate cruise terminals each year and can not wait to get back to Tampa. We will be staying with Hilton our next trip to Tampa. Thanks gentleman for restoring my faith in customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear drcartman:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone, and I am thrilled that your overall impression of our property was enjoyable. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly before you embark on another cruise out of Tampa!

Sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the nicer HGIs I've stayed in, but what makes it special is the arrangement they have with A-1 parking next door. Stay the night before you fly and you get 7 days parking free at A-1. The arrangement worked flawlessly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear James , I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel and restaurant. I understand that you were disappointed with the level of service that you received, I have brought your comments to our culinary team and we will make the necessary changes. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and we want you to know that we have addressed our staff. The next time you are in area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. Please contact me direclty, and I will make special arrangements for you. Thank you once again for your comments.

Todd Kinney

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore? Share your experiences!