“Excellent service & great value” 5 of 5 stars

Cruise Transportation
Ranked #5 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service & great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel was welcoming with comfortable beds, clean rooms & the staff gave great service.
The breakfast was excellent & a great start to the day.
Very convenient for the airport & shopping malls that were nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
salem va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Very nice property located near the airport. Property is very well taken care of. Nice landscaping, great views from our room, we was able to see the airport and rj stadium. Room was very nice with comfortable beds, there was signs showing you could adjust beds firmness, however we could not tell much difference in any of the settings. This was not a problem as the bed was very comfortable. Room was very spacious and felt like home. Bathroom was very clean with all the amenities you expect from a top rate hotel. Internet was very quick and the business center was a big help to take care of printing some last minutes docs I forgot. No charge to use their computers or printers.

There is a nice outdoor pool on the property that looked well taken care of although we did not get a chance to enjoy it.

There is also an on site Starbucks and there is a convenient pantry to take care of your munchies. It is well stocked with soft drinks,snacks and other necesaties you may need.

Originally when I booked the room I was under the impression that breakfest was included with our stay which led to an issue with the onsite restaurant.
We went to the restaurant to grab a quick snack in the morning as we were in a hurry to get to our cruise. On the day we visited for some reason the wait to be seated sign was missing, so we headed on in to get some light food. After grabbing a few banana's and milks we were greated by a rather rude waitress who informed me we was not to have seated ourselves and that we would have to pay. We did not have time to argue with her or to seek out mgmnt to address the discreprency as we had to get to our ship early due to the incoming hurricane. After returning from our cruise I completed the hotel survey and addressed the issue in detail. Within a couple days I was contacted by the restaurant mgr to address the issue and then contacted by the general manager as well. I must say I am very impressed at the attention they put into correcting the issue I had. I left that day very upset, however after speaking with the hotel manager, Todd, and being assured that this issue was corrected with the waitress and even addressed concerns over the website, I feel 100%confident this was an isolated incident with the food server that will never be repeated. Todd and Rick went out of their way to make me feel like the most valued guest they had and I completely appreciate the attention.
We rotate cruise terminals each year and can not wait to get back to Tampa. We will be staying with Hilton our next trip to Tampa. Thanks gentleman for restoring my faith in customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear drcartman:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone, and I am thrilled that your overall impression of our property was enjoyable. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly before you embark on another cruise out of Tampa!

Sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the nicer HGIs I've stayed in, but what makes it special is the arrangement they have with A-1 parking next door. Stay the night before you fly and you get 7 days parking free at A-1. The arrangement worked flawlessly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear James , I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel and restaurant. I understand that you were disappointed with the level of service that you received, I have brought your comments to our culinary team and we will make the necessary changes. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and we want you to know that we have addressed our staff. The next time you are in area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. Please contact me direclty, and I will make special arrangements for you. Thank you once again for your comments.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Hotel is your standard Hilton Garden Inn. Nice and functional. But what makes the property so special is the hotel restaurant. In this way it is NOT your standard Hilton Garden Inn. It's exceptional. I highly recommend the Ahi Tuna and the rest of the menu looks great as well. I would visit this restaurant even if I wasn't staying at the hotel, based on the quality of the dinner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

For the price and location, this hotel can't be beat! Midway point between the airport and the cruise terminal, it was the perfect choice for my husband and I to stay at. We flew from San Diego and arrived at Tampa pretty late (thankfully I'd already reserved the room!!) The cab ride took maybe 10 minutes. The hotel is recently renovated, the rooms are updated, clean and spacious. They offered delivery device from restaurants close by. Their morning brunch was delicious and under $12 per person. There was a complimentary shuttle offered to the cruise ship terminal and we got there in less than 15 minutes and were dropped off right by the main entrance. Overall, great place to begin our vacation!!

• Stayed August 2011
Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Since our flight was arriving very late, we choose HGI based on its close proximity to the airport, free shuttle, and past positive experiences with this hotel chain. While we were only at the hotel for just barely 10 hours, our experience was a pleasant one. We were checked in quickly which we certainly appreciated after a day of flying and the extremely comfortable beds (which you could adjust to your level of firmness) had us all asleep in no time. I didn't notice any airplane noise, however, we all tend to be sound sleepers!
The hotel looked clean and new. I also really appreciated the fact that the bed linens (including the duvet cover and decorative pillow cover) are freshly laundered for each new guest checking in. No more wondering how dirty that comforter is on the bed! And the duvet was BEAUTIFUL!!! (I kept meaning to ask the desk clerk where they got their duvets. I would love to have one for my own home!)
All in all, great, but short stay that I would happily repeat in the future!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Suzanne,

I just wanted to say thank you for your comments about our hotel! You couldn’t have selected a more convenient hotel to stay at, especially when your flight arrived so late. Hopefully the next time you return to Tampa, you can extend your stay and enjoy the many special sites that the Tampa area has to offer.

You, like many of our guest, comment on our lush bed linens. I would be glad to provide you more information, as to where to get one of the duvets that you enjoyed so much. Simply email me at todd.kinney@hilton.com, and I will send you the information.

Thanks again, for taking the time to share your experience, and we hope you choose the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport in the future.

Sincerely Yours,
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed for weekend in July-check in was a breeze, friendly staff particularly SilVana-though everyone at front desk was pleasant and very helpful. Was upgraded to suite (Hilton Gold) which was clean and comfortable. On occasion planes could be heard but we did not find it to be any hindrance to sleeping/ found it to be a quiet area with access to restaurants and malls close by. Had breakfast at hotel restaurant-offered nice selection-although it was complimentary because of gold status, I think the charge for breakfast is around $10-$12. Also offers free parking in side lot or parking garage. Overall, a pleasant stay, would not hesitate to recommend hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple