“Acceptable but I don't think I'd return” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #37 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Nashville
“Acceptable but I don't think I'd return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

It's a standard Holiday Inn Express but needs to upgrade cleanliness. Don't vacuum hallways daily and it shows. Trash was found frequently in elevators. Pillows are worn out and lumpy, same with bed. Lights in exercise room annoyingly time out when using exercise equipment for more than 15 minutes. the breakfast is good, although breakfast personnel seem to have other duties at the same time. I stay at Hi Exp frequently and this property could use some help.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Hello:
I'm sorry your stay with us wasn't to your expectations. We do vacume the hallways and clean elevators daily. Other guests sometimes do throw trash around on the floors and the elevators throughout the day. Most of these issues are caught, but I do apologize that sometimes these issues happen. We are a new hotel, and all the mattresses are pillow top. Is that what you mean by lumpy? Most guests love the pillow tops! Our staff does do multi-tasks during their shifts so they can be aware of their entire department. Again, I'm sorry that you were disappointed. Please know that these issues are not our standard. Thank you.
Heather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
gainesville f
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Held a conference at this hotel for 2 nights and thought it was a great value. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Front desk staff was great and very helpful. Everything that was needed for the meeting was provided as promised. The hotel is in a great location, near USF, Busch Gardens, and restaraunts. Our review of other attendess indicated everyone felt the same way. We intend on using the facility again next year.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Hello:
I'm glad that everything worked out for you. I remember you in the meeting room, and you are always welcome to call and make arrangements for your USF group again. I think you were a great guest as well, and very easy to work with as far as needs for your clientele. Our meeting room seats about 35 so I think we were a great fit for you. Again, thank you for the positive feedback, and remember us when you visit USF/Tampa again!
Liverpool, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Just got back from our vacation. I can't believe some of the reviews that were written. These people must have stayed at a different hotel than we were at. My wife and I stayed three nights from Oct.15th to Oct.18th . During our stay we were treated well by the front reception staff as well as the housekeeping staff . Our room ,main lobby and entrance were very clean and well maintained .The staff had no problem answering any questions that we asked them . The location is ideal for anyone visiting Busch Gardens or Adventure Island (5 minute drive just up the street ).
To say the breakfast was the best would be stretching it but it was more than adequate. Come on people it's an express breakfast not a full service restaurant . If you are looking for any more than what this hotel offers than you should be looking at more upscale and expensive places to stay .This hotel more than meets the needs for anyone looking for a clean , friendly , and inexpensive place to stay near Busch Gardens .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Hello:
Thank you so much for the encouraging words! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your positive voice. I thank you again that you took your personal time to let us know we are doing everything right. It is true that some guests are not familiar with the Express chain and that it is a limited service and could be possibly used to something more 24hr full service. However, limited or not, my staff and I run my hotel with 100% positivity. Thank you again, and you are always welcome here, so please come back and see us!
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Thanks god I did not stay more than one night! The hallway floor was all dirty and water all over the main entrance to the elevators, try to wake up super early to catch some horrible breakfast before 9-am. Air conditioner not working properly in the middle of the night and don't even try to complaint because they can get as angry as you and get to the same level of no sympathy, when it should be all the way around. GUEST ARE GUEST AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS ONE...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 26, 2010
Hello:
I'm not sure which guest this is as it's done by a user name. However, I looked up issues in the log book, and the only issue I found concerning an AC unit was a guest had called down to complain that when the AC kicked on it was loud to them and that the guest didn't know how to use the arrows on the AC. We did offer to send someone up and that guest refused anyone in their room, and also refused to change rooms. The next morning, maint did look at the AC and it was operating normally. When the AC kicked on, it did make a noise (like a starting noise), but it was at a normal level. Perhaps a light sleeper? That guest was accommodated at check out even though the guest refused assistance. This was the only AC issue so again I'm not sure if this is the same guest.

I apologize if you did not enjoy the breakfast. It is quite extensive in it;s hot and cold selections. I also apologize if it was wet on the floor by the elevators. Very often kids (and even adults)come in from the pool and leave wet and "dirty" footprints on the floors when they run back and forth, in and out. The pool is open until 11pm, and because we are an Express (limited service), we do not have 24hr staff other than front desk. Front desk always puts wet floor signs out, and then tries to address the wet footprints when they can. Unfortunately, even though we try, we cannot always be on top of what guests do throughout their stay.

Again, I'm sorry you feel this way, as our staff always tries to accommodate issues and we give a lot of effort to our breakfast. Thank you.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

We had made a reservation thru one of their partner sites that contracts thru orbitz. This reservation was made Tuesday morning for a Wednesday night arrival. Wednesday morning my Grandmother died and we had to change our plans to travel to her funeral, After I spoke with the 3rd party booking agent they said they would talk to the hotel, our reservation stated that if we cancelled before 6pm day of arrival were subject to one nights stay but they would see what they could do. I called the hotel directly and spoke to a MOD who said " that is what you get when booking thru orbitz". I then spoke with the assistant hotel manager who said " I should be thankful... she did me a favor and did not charge me all three nights." I told her she couldnt because that was what the reservation stated - she did the bare minimum and she continued that I should be more thankful for her favor to me.I thanked her wished her the same compassion for her future family tragedies then she hung up on me. I hope that this reaches many people and the hotel management thinks about what it takes to have brand loyalty and not to mention a little compassion.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Hello:
This situation was handled by Orbitz. It is their cancellation policy, by contract. By the time we were handed the guest's situation from Orbitz, the guest was already abusive and defensive (possibly due to the situation she was handling which we understood). When trying to explain their policy (that it was only a (1) night penalty, not the (3) night's she booked as a prepaid) the guest cursed out and mocked my Assistant so loudly the person she was training could hear. We in no way degraded Orbitz or their policy. I was in my office and came out to try to address. However the guest was not open to hear other options that we as the hotel directly tried to offer outside of the Orbitz cancel policy. There were date change options or workling with her on another room directly when she re-booked, etc. I stood with my Asst as she tried to get the chance to speak of them. The guest continued to curse and say abusive things about deaths in our personal families. This is not the first time a situation like this has happened. We are understanding (not heartless) and have made exceptions in the past and worked with the guest. However, when a guest is so abusive over an issue we are trying to be helpful with, I cannot allow them to continue to berate my staff. We could only at that point apologize and end the call. Thank you.
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

On September 3rd, we checked in, our first room was flooded. They provided us with a new room. The second room had bedbugs. One of there employees informed us that the room was previously out of service. They provided us with another new room. Most of the staff arte helpful others just gossip while you are looking right at them. Breakfast could've been better as well especially for the nightly rate they charge.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Hello: This review was threatened to Mgmt to get compensation. It is intentional misconduct. All situations of this guest's stay is unfounded. Due to arriving with no voucher payment at check in, we as the hotel went out of our way to help this guest because she had small children with her. The hotel managed to contact the voucher program on Labor Day weekend. The guest became hostile during this process and then room moves and a free room was demanded throughout this stay. We are a brand new hotel with monthly pest control and "on call" pest control for issues. We proved ALL the issues accused were unfounded. The voucher company agreed and refused compensation as well. Please see this review for what it is. This guest knew what topics to say to try and "scare" other guests.
Hamilton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Busch Gardens is not located in the best area, but we felt safe at this hotel. There is a Burger King and Red Lobster and Olive Garden right next door. Down the street there is a CVS and Dunkin Donuts. The free shuttle service is not worth it if you plan on spending the day at Busch Gardens, they only take you there 9-10am and the last pick up is at 5pm. Pool was clean, ask for towels at the front desk. Breakfast was ok, the eggs were fake, but the cinnamon rolls were good and the kids liked the cereal. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Hello: Thank you for staying and I'm glad you felt safe with us! The area is not the most desireable, but it's not the worst either. For the most part it's fine; there's 8 lanes of traffic in front of us so I never recommend any night walking regardsless of area. The shuttle schedule is limited so yes, sometimes it doesn't work for everyone. The attractions change their times so often that it's hard to keep up. The times we have seem to work the most for our guests.
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and yes, please come see us again!