“Nice, clean hotel with exceptional customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #31 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Nice, clean hotel with exceptional customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for her 12th birthday weekend. They had a great package deal with Busch Gardens, so we stayed here instead of the hotel we enjoyed last year at this time. I was very impressed with the cleanliness, and mostly, the excellent customer service. We checked in with Mike, who was so personable and delightful. Great guy, and it was a joy to spend a few minutes talking with him. The room was nice and clean, and well-equipped. Loved the complimentary wifi. What a convenience! The business center came in handy when our E-tickets for Busch Gardens/Adventure Island got wet, and I needed to print another copy. I was so grateful to be able to use their printer to make copies. We ordered out each night, and had no problem getting food delivered right to the room. I've seen reviews on this site mentioning the neighborhood, but I never felt afraid. I wouldn't walk the streets after dark, but there are few cities in which I'd feel comfortable doing that anyway. I did not worry about my car, and the parking lot was well-lit with no remote areas.
The bed was one of the most comfortable I've experienced. Slept like a log!
The breakfast was quite adequate. Bagels, toast, cereal, biscuits and gravy, omelettes, sausage, juices. I don't know what people giving negative reviews want for free. I guess it's not free ENOUGH!
When I asked for the nearest Publix to get my daughter a birthday cake, Kemelya at the front desk was kind enough to print out a Google map for me. She also told me that we could use the breakfast dining area to have our cupcakes and candles and sing "Happy Birthday"! It was great.
There are luggage carts provided in the lobby, so we only had to make one trip to unload the car and go to the room. It usually takes me two or three trips when I stay elsewhere and don't want to rely on bell services.
The pool was clean and clear, nice and warm, and in a secure area. My daughter enjoyed the fitness room, although small, but we didn't need much.
The shuttle took us to and from Busch Gardens, but when we went to Adventure Island the next day, the times weren't really convenient for us, so we ended up driving. Not a big deal, although parking is $12 at the parks.
We checked out with ease, again with Kemelya at the front desk. She was quite lovely and friendly, with an honest smile and sweet attitude.
I was very impressed with this hotel, especially the value for the quality of the room, lobby, dining area, and especially the staff. I'd recommend it to anyone, especially the budget traveler such as I.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed in The hotel last weekend with my partner and children aged 10 and 13. The staff are excellent, really friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was spacious, clean and had all appliances required for a stay, Fridge, microwave, kettle, iron, hair drier anything you require. There is a shuttle to the parks which is large and comfortable and they even went out of their way to get us to the park on the first day. There is a nice pool which is open late and a comfortable dinig area. The only fault the hotel has is it's lack of a bar.
However there are several resturants with bar facilities including an Olive Garden next door which was superb. Busch Gardens is visible from the hotel and can be walked to in 15minutes if inclined.

I found my stay here to be extremely enjoyable and I will return. The location is great, the price reasonable and rooms clean comfortable and spacious. However the best part of this hotel is its pleasant and helpful staff. Thank you for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
Hello: Thank you so much for letting me know that my staff made your stay! We work hard to provide the best service we can for every guest. I'm glad you appreciate & utilized the free shuttle. Our hours are limited and sometimes guests don't understand that, but we are clear in letting them know, and there is a sign posted. Yes, we are an Express so they don't generally have a bar area. Thank you for the suggestion, however I think that's a brand standard. Please when you come back to the area stay with us again. It was our pleasure to have you!
North Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Stayed at the hotel in September 2009 whilst on holiday in Orlando, we were visiting Bush Gardens and a Tampa Bay Buccanneers game the next day.

The hotel was convenient for both events and well situated. We checked in at 3pm, and I was really impressed to be greeted as a Priority Club Platinum member and made to feel very welcome. The only downside at check-in was that the Jacuzzi Room we had booked was still occupied. However, the staff were quick to sort this out and offer a suite insead.

The room was fantastic with a huge bed, clean and spaciious bathroom and seperate sitting area. I was amazed to turn the TV to get numerous TV channels with a number of them in HD! In the UK a Holiday Inn Express would give you maybe 8 channels all of which would have appalling picture quality.

The complimentary breakfast was great, and overall would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. We are returning to Florida in 2010 and will hopefully return to the hotel for a weekend in Tampa.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
Hello: Thank you so much to take the time, and remembering how great we were when you stayed! I'm sure even though the TV channels are lacking in UK, there are probably several other things/items that UK is great at! I would personally love to visit again (I was there when I was a kid). Thanks for the head's up on the TV info, I will remember that if I ever get a chance to go back. You are always welcome here, and would love to have you stay again!
Barre, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

From the moment we walked in to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites USF-Busch Gardens we knew we were at the perfect hotel.
We were traveling with a disabled individual in our group and the staff went out of their way to accommodate us in any way we needed!
The hotel is new and very modern and always spotless. The free breakfast was wonderful every morning!
Our room was spacious and we never were without high speed internet or plenty of entertainment on TV!
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the area.
It is close to EVERYTHING, the parking is great and the staff is PERFECT!
This hotel made our vacation!
Thanks to everyone!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Hello: Thank you for letting us make your vacation wonderful! I love to hear the positive things my staff has accomplished for our guests! Please if you are ever in this area again, come see us, we would love to have you again. We appreciate you choosing us out of all the other hotels in our area.
fleming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I did not book until I knew I could have two adjoining rooms...as I was traveling with several teenagers. Camilla (not sure it spelled correctly) at front desk was extremely helpful, polite and efficient. She assured me I had the rooms I needed. Upon checkout I asked to use the workout room as I was waiting on the teens at Busch Gardens...since I was Priority member she asked if I would like extended stay...check out at 2 vs. noon...it made all the difference. I was able to workout, then shower and leave. She is an excellent associate at your hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
You were close her name is spelled Kemelya, but many pronounce it as you do. She is a wonderful new edition to my hotel, and I'm so glad that she took care of you. I thank you for metioning that we were able to extend your check out (as sometimes, on Holidays and Sold Out days it isn't possible). However, we almost never hear when we do make it possible and positive (which is most of the time). Please come and see us again, it was my pleasure to have you as our guest!
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We visited the hotel on 6/21 to 6/22. We arrived at 9:00 am and were told we could reserve a room and the room would be ready after 1:00 pm, which was fine because we were going to Busch Gardens for the day. They do have a shuttle that that leaves at 9, 9:30 and 10 and makes return trips at 4, 4:30 and 5. The shuttle driver, Kevin did a great job. He was very friendly and courteous. When we came back from Busch Gardens are room was ready and very nice. Everything was clean and well kept. They also have a outdoor pool which was also very nice and clean. The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel which was excellent.
If you are looking for a great hotel at a great price and is only about a mile from Busch Gardens, then this is the place to go.

Great job everyone the Holiday Inn Express USF-Tampa.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for letting me know that Kevin and my staff were wonderful. We do try to go above and beyond to make sure every guest is satisfied and eager to come back to see us! I thank you for taking the time to let me know that my staff is living up to my expectations. Please come back and see us whenever you are back in our area.
Green Cv Spgs, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I went here based in TripAdvisor reviews and was very thankful. It was a beautiful hotel. The beds were very comfortable, close to USF which is why we were there and the breakfast was nice. A mixture of hot and cold food. The breakfast staff and front desk staff were very nice! Highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing our family to accommodate yours! I'm so glad to hear that my staff catered to you. Yes, please come back and see us when you are in the Busch Gardens area. I apprecaite your feedback and your business!