My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for her 12th birthday weekend. They had a great package deal with Busch Gardens, so we stayed here instead of the hotel we enjoyed last year at this time. I was very impressed with the cleanliness, and mostly, the excellent customer service. We checked in with Mike, who was so personable and delightful. Great guy, and it was a joy to spend a few minutes talking with him. The room was nice and clean, and well-equipped. Loved the complimentary wifi. What a convenience! The business center came in handy when our E-tickets for Busch Gardens/Adventure Island got wet, and I needed to print another copy. I was so grateful to be able to use their printer to make copies. We ordered out each night, and had no problem getting food delivered right to the room. I've seen reviews on this site mentioning the neighborhood, but I never felt afraid. I wouldn't walk the streets after dark, but there are few cities in which I'd feel comfortable doing that anyway. I did not worry about my car, and the parking lot was well-lit with no remote areas.
The bed was one of the most comfortable I've experienced. Slept like a log!
The breakfast was quite adequate. Bagels, toast, cereal, biscuits and gravy, omelettes, sausage, juices. I don't know what people giving negative reviews want for free. I guess it's not free ENOUGH!
When I asked for the nearest Publix to get my daughter a birthday cake, Kemelya at the front desk was kind enough to print out a Google map for me. She also told me that we could use the breakfast dining area to have our cupcakes and candles and sing "Happy Birthday"! It was great.
There are luggage carts provided in the lobby, so we only had to make one trip to unload the car and go to the room. It usually takes me two or three trips when I stay elsewhere and don't want to rely on bell services.
The pool was clean and clear, nice and warm, and in a secure area. My daughter enjoyed the fitness room, although small, but we didn't need much.
The shuttle took us to and from Busch Gardens, but when we went to Adventure Island the next day, the times weren't really convenient for us, so we ended up driving. Not a big deal, although parking is $12 at the parks.
We checked out with ease, again with Kemelya at the front desk. She was quite lovely and friendly, with an honest smile and sweet attitude.
I was very impressed with this hotel, especially the value for the quality of the room, lobby, dining area, and especially the staff. I'd recommend it to anyone, especially the budget traveler such as I.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa