“Made our trip perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Ranked #29 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Barre, Vermont
“Made our trip perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

From the moment we walked in to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites USF-Busch Gardens we knew we were at the perfect hotel.
We were traveling with a disabled individual in our group and the staff went out of their way to accommodate us in any way we needed!
The hotel is new and very modern and always spotless. The free breakfast was wonderful every morning!
Our room was spacious and we never were without high speed internet or plenty of entertainment on TV!
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the area.
It is close to EVERYTHING, the parking is great and the staff is PERFECT!
This hotel made our vacation!
Thanks to everyone!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Hello: Thank you for letting us make your vacation wonderful! I love to hear the positive things my staff has accomplished for our guests! Please if you are ever in this area again, come see us, we would love to have you again. We appreciate you choosing us out of all the other hotels in our area.

440 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
fleming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I did not book until I knew I could have two adjoining rooms...as I was traveling with several teenagers. Camilla (not sure it spelled correctly) at front desk was extremely helpful, polite and efficient. She assured me I had the rooms I needed. Upon checkout I asked to use the workout room as I was waiting on the teens at Busch Gardens...since I was Priority member she asked if I would like extended stay...check out at 2 vs. noon...it made all the difference. I was able to workout, then shower and leave. She is an excellent associate at your hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
You were close her name is spelled Kemelya, but many pronounce it as you do. She is a wonderful new edition to my hotel, and I'm so glad that she took care of you. I thank you for metioning that we were able to extend your check out (as sometimes, on Holidays and Sold Out days it isn't possible). However, we almost never hear when we do make it possible and positive (which is most of the time). Please come and see us again, it was my pleasure to have you as our guest!
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We visited the hotel on 6/21 to 6/22. We arrived at 9:00 am and were told we could reserve a room and the room would be ready after 1:00 pm, which was fine because we were going to Busch Gardens for the day. They do have a shuttle that that leaves at 9, 9:30 and 10 and makes return trips at 4, 4:30 and 5. The shuttle driver, Kevin did a great job. He was very friendly and courteous. When we came back from Busch Gardens are room was ready and very nice. Everything was clean and well kept. They also have a outdoor pool which was also very nice and clean. The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel which was excellent.
If you are looking for a great hotel at a great price and is only about a mile from Busch Gardens, then this is the place to go.

Great job everyone the Holiday Inn Express USF-Tampa.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for letting me know that Kevin and my staff were wonderful. We do try to go above and beyond to make sure every guest is satisfied and eager to come back to see us! I thank you for taking the time to let me know that my staff is living up to my expectations. Please come back and see us whenever you are back in our area.
Green Cv Spgs, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I went here based in TripAdvisor reviews and was very thankful. It was a beautiful hotel. The beds were very comfortable, close to USF which is why we were there and the breakfast was nice. A mixture of hot and cold food. The breakfast staff and front desk staff were very nice! Highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing our family to accommodate yours! I'm so glad to hear that my staff catered to you. Yes, please come back and see us when you are in the Busch Gardens area. I apprecaite your feedback and your business!
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

My family stayed at this hotel for several days. After a full day at Busch Gardens-Tampa we enjoyed the outdoor pool. Luckily, we checked with the front desk to see where we could get towels for the pool. The clerk gave us a few towels (more on this later).

The next morning we sampled the free breakfast since it began at 6:30 AM and we wanted to get an earlyl start to the day. The breakfast had a decent variety of breakfast foods (no pancakes or waffles). Everything was buffet style. The egss were very bland )even with the packet hot sauce I added). All in all though, it gave us basic nourishment for the morning.

After another long day at Busch Gardens-Tampa we headed to the front desk for pool towels. The clerk said they were in the dryer and would be delivered to the pool area very soon. Well, we relaxed and enjoyed the pool for over an hour and never saw any towels.

The next morning my family were heading out to Adventure Island but first we needed a good breakfast. Unfortunately, the same buffet foods offered the day before were not prepared well. The bacon was extremely over salted. The orange juice was so watered down (about 8 parts water and 2 parts orange juice). I had much higher expectations of orange jucie since afterall we were in Florida. From here on out, my family went next Door to the Days Inn for breakfast. It was not free, but the food was of much better quality.

After Adventur Island, we relaxed in our room (very basic for what passes as a suite now days. Add a sink and a microwave oven in the main room and voila, it's a suite. The kids were still active and wanted to go swimming. I peeked out the window and noticed many used towels around the pool even though there were only 2 people lounging poolside. No towels were available at the front desk (no surprise there).

One more day of Busch Gardens-Tampa the next day made everyone very tired. We did not go to the pool that night. Although, as I looked out my window, sure enough, numerous used towels were still laying poolside.

Other itms of concer include:
-Constant music playing through the poolside speakers past the established 11:00 PM closing. This goes on all day and night
-The maid service did not resupply our towels (even though they took our used towels). We had to ask for new towels.
-Maid service must have been short handed since our room was only "made up" twice during our stay, and one of those times it was after a long day at Busch Gardens-Tampa.
I normally tip the maid staff each day, but after the first day that practice abruptly stopped.

It looks as though I've written a novel here, and I guess I should really include something positive:
-The location is exellent for both Busch Gardens-Tampa and Adventure Island
-The staff was friendly even though short-handed.
- The outdoor pool was clean.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
Hello: Thank you for your feedback of my hotel. No worries on the novel, I enjoy reading! I appreciate the positive as well as mentioning some areas that can improve to make future stays more pleasant. I saw several mentions concerning the breakfast items. The bacon, eggs, muffins, etc are items that come from a supplier. It may be possible a box of extra salty bacon was delivered. The eggs aren't allowed to be "compromised" by chain standards. Salt & Pepper only, and the items are standard as well. The juice is mixed by machine which odd as we only replace the concentrate container when empty...so not sure why it seemed worse one day than others?

As for the pool towels, unfortunately we cannot control if a guest asks for 1 or 10. It's our service to provide what is needed. Used pool towels are collected in the mornings from the night before. There is a dirty towel bin out by the pool, but again...some guests just leave them on chairs etc. Our staff is pretty solid as far as #s but housekeeping does strip rooms in the mornings, hence possible no towels in the room. I apologize if that was an issue.

Thank you again for the comments and I hope that you come and see us again when you are in the area. I truly appreciate your business!
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

We stay at this hotel when we go to Busch Gardens. It is spotless clean, employees are very friendly a nd helpful. We were at Busch Gardens and they closed the rides down because of lightening, and we called the hotel to see if the shuttle would pick us up even though it wasnt a scheduled time. They were there in 5 minutes . We were allowed to leave our car at the hotel even thought we had checked out. The breakfast is good, always being refilled, and quite a variety of foods.
The Olive Garden is right next store, great food, wait staff very good,.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Thank you so much for letting us complete your vacation experience! I love to see such great reviews of my hotel and my staff. The rating system with this site isn't just based on how good or how bad it's also based on how many reviews we get and in what time frame. We encourage guests like you to praise us if you loved us since it helps us rank higher. Thank you for not being discouraged by the #. It's low mainly because we are so new we don't get as many notes as some other hotels. Again, please come back and see us, I'm so happy that my staff took care of you.
Atlanta, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

From check in to check out the staff and hotel did not disappoint. We were greeted with a smile by every employee, the FREE breakfast was great, And Kevin the shuttle drive/ Maintenance/ Concierge had all the information on the best things to do in the area. Fort Desoto beach was the icing on the cake. The only downside "not the hotels fault" is the lack of attention the city of Tampa gives to this area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
I am so proud of my staff for making your experience with our hotel a wonderful one! We aim to go above and beyond, even though now and then we hit bumps like everyone else. I so appreciate the positive feedback and love to read that we definitely took care of you. Thank you again!