Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Ranked #25 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, FL
“Warning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

Beware! Hotel tried to charge me $35 for a missing green blanket a week after my one night stay. I explained I did not steal their blanket that was easily worth $5. Management explained they charge for any alleged missing item based on their housekeeping staff report. I suggested they may have problems with housekeeping staff. So be ready to look for late charges and dispute. Otherwise, hotel was striclty average; not worth the money in comparison other hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 27, 2010
Hello: We do have a policy that items missing from the room will be charged for. It is on the registration card at check in. Being a new hotel (and at other hotels) this is standard. It was difficult to resolve this matter professionally because of foul language and other negative intensions. I am apologetic, however, I gave the only option I had to reseolve the problem, and the offer was refused.

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

The hotel and employees are very good.Employees are very friendly and helpfull from arrival to departure.Location is excellent to visit Bush Garden.Rooms are big and very comfortable

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
Thank you for choosing us to host you! I take pride in my employees on catering to the service of our guests and I'm glad to see they took care of you! Our rooms are more spacious than the average standard room which I believe make guests more comfortable (I see you agree).
Haslemere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I booked this based on Tripadvisor reviews and the fact that the hotel is relatively new and just a few mins' walk to Busch Gardens. It turned out to be a good decision.

After speaking to Reception, who were very pleasant, we left our car in the car park and walked to Busch Gardens, returning late afternoon to check in. The room was spacious and nicely furnished - it could easily have been in a 4 star hotel given the amenities and room furnishings. As we were on the top floor poolside, we had a good view of the coasters in the park.

The location is not scenic - it's a main road, but if you're just here to visit Busch Gardens, that shouldn't matter. You are surrounded by places to eat - Olive Garden is next door, and there are several other chains that you pass walking to Busch Gardens.

Complimentary breakfast in the breakfast room was better than expected including some hot dishes. We clearly arrived at the right time as by the time we left the room was full and busy at the counter. Quality/choice was good for an included breakfast.

A good choice for an overnight stay when visiting Busch Gardens.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the compliments on our hotel. I apprecaite that you mention how close we really are to Busch Gardens, and that we met all your accommodation needs. Please come and see us again when you visit the area!
Evergreen, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

My son was graduating from USF, so the location was excellent. Nice spacious and com.fortable room. Room was very clean suite had sofa, microwave oven and small refrigerator. There are several restaurants in the area and a CVS drugstore right down the street. There was a lot to choose from at the complimentary breakfast. I have no complaints.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Congrats on your son's Graduation! I'm glad that we were a positive part of that event for you and your family. Please definitely come see us again when you are in the area, we would love to have you!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel with a group of friends. It was a hotel that I would deinitely stay at again. The desk was very friendly and most accomodating. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were immaculate. The bed was very, very comfortable. The breakfast offered was good. The hotel is very close to Busch Gardens. The hotel offers a shuttle to the park.
The only negative comment is that there were two elevators, but only one was working the entire weekend.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the positive comments. I especially appreciate your patience with our elevators as on the 4th floor a guest had smashed the call button in, and the elevator kept runninng back and forth. The elevator was reset and the button replaced that Monday. I'm, very sorry for that, and am thankful that it was still a pleasant stay for you and your friends!
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Hotel was more than we expected after all the other reviews of other hotels in the area.
Within walking distance of Red Lobster & Olive Garden in safe area. Nice staff and very helpful. 1/2 mile to entrance to Busch. Very good and lots of variety at breafast which is included in price. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay went! We pride ourselves on our service and giving our customers the fullest, satisfied stay possible. Please definitely come see us again!
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I was to be here 3 nights and only stayed one. Moved to La Quinta on Fowler across from USF. This Holiday Inn Express is FAR from USF. I arrived from the airport at 12:45 PM and could not check in to freshen up before meetings. I had to use the Men's bathroom in the hotel to shave, etc. The young woman at the desk was unconcerned. When I arrived there was no one at the desk. There was no bell to call the attendant. There was no one in sight. Odd. I eventually started saying "hello?!" and a young woman came out. She was not professionally dressed and said that check in was at 3 PM. This is not good for business travelers. She did not offer to check to see if any of the rooms had been cleaned and cleared (as other hotels do especially for business travelers who need to prepare for meetings). Will not return to this hotel. I stayed one night and moved to La Quinta on Fowler. La Quinta is equally nice but cheaper, a more helpful staff (who called within 5 minutes after I checked in to ensure everything was ok), and the rooms were equally nice and spacious. The room was equipped with a microwave as well (which the Holiday Inn exprfess did not have). It also had a nice coffee service and a small refigerator. The breakfast at the Holiday Inn was not as great as its billing. The eggs were dry. There was no breakfast meat. I arrived at 9 AM (suppsoed to end at 9:30 AM and there were no biscuits left). It was more of a continental breakfast (but for the dry scrambled eggs). The bathrooms at Holiday Inn are nice with granite and the towels are fluffy. The rooms smell nicely and appear new. The mattress was very soft. If you like a harder bed, avoid this hotel. I have also stayed at the Embassy Suites also on Fowler and that is also a great option if you need to be at USF for work. There are also better and more restaurants near La Quinta and Embassy Suites. The area near Holiday Inn Express has only a few fast food places and is not as nice as the area around La Quinta and Embassy Suites. I also had to print something while at the Holiday Inn Express but the one computer and one printer are very slow. Not good for business travelers.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
Hello: Our hotel is located approx (1) mile from USF. There is another Express that is approx (20)min from USF area...possibly that one? All our rooms have microwaves... all the beds are soft because the hotel has pillow top mattresses. We try to check guests in early if it's available. It just depends how full we were the night before. We cater to all guests in every class including business. The public restroom was probably offered as a courtesy to accommodate, not to upset or displace. I'm sorry if you felt that way. Advertising for many hotel brands are posted here. Please know that we cannot verify your good/bad stay with them, nor verify your intentions. Thank you.