I booked this based on Tripadvisor reviews and the fact that the hotel is relatively new and just a few mins' walk to Busch Gardens. It turned out to be a good decision.
After speaking to Reception, who were very pleasant, we left our car in the car park and walked to Busch Gardens, returning late afternoon to check in. The room was spacious and nicely furnished - it could easily have been in a 4 star hotel given the amenities and room furnishings. As we were on the top floor poolside, we had a good view of the coasters in the park.
The location is not scenic - it's a main road, but if you're just here to visit Busch Gardens, that shouldn't matter. You are surrounded by places to eat - Olive Garden is next door, and there are several other chains that you pass walking to Busch Gardens.
Complimentary breakfast in the breakfast room was better than expected including some hot dishes. We clearly arrived at the right time as by the time we left the room was full and busy at the counter. Quality/choice was good for an included breakfast.
A good choice for an overnight stay when visiting Busch Gardens.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.