“I liked everything about it.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #33 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Evergreen, AL
“I liked everything about it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

My son was graduating from USF, so the location was excellent. Nice spacious and com.fortable room. Room was very clean suite had sofa, microwave oven and small refrigerator. There are several restaurants in the area and a CVS drugstore right down the street. There was a lot to choose from at the complimentary breakfast. I have no complaints.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Congrats on your son's Graduation! I'm glad that we were a positive part of that event for you and your family. Please definitely come see us again when you are in the area, we would love to have you!

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel with a group of friends. It was a hotel that I would deinitely stay at again. The desk was very friendly and most accomodating. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were immaculate. The bed was very, very comfortable. The breakfast offered was good. The hotel is very close to Busch Gardens. The hotel offers a shuttle to the park.
The only negative comment is that there were two elevators, but only one was working the entire weekend.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the positive comments. I especially appreciate your patience with our elevators as on the 4th floor a guest had smashed the call button in, and the elevator kept runninng back and forth. The elevator was reset and the button replaced that Monday. I'm, very sorry for that, and am thankful that it was still a pleasant stay for you and your friends!
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Hotel was more than we expected after all the other reviews of other hotels in the area.
Within walking distance of Red Lobster & Olive Garden in safe area. Nice staff and very helpful. 1/2 mile to entrance to Busch. Very good and lots of variety at breafast which is included in price. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay went! We pride ourselves on our service and giving our customers the fullest, satisfied stay possible. Please definitely come see us again!
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I was to be here 3 nights and only stayed one. Moved to La Quinta on Fowler across from USF. This Holiday Inn Express is FAR from USF. I arrived from the airport at 12:45 PM and could not check in to freshen up before meetings. I had to use the Men's bathroom in the hotel to shave, etc. The young woman at the desk was unconcerned. When I arrived there was no one at the desk. There was no bell to call the attendant. There was no one in sight. Odd. I eventually started saying "hello?!" and a young woman came out. She was not professionally dressed and said that check in was at 3 PM. This is not good for business travelers. She did not offer to check to see if any of the rooms had been cleaned and cleared (as other hotels do especially for business travelers who need to prepare for meetings). Will not return to this hotel. I stayed one night and moved to La Quinta on Fowler. La Quinta is equally nice but cheaper, a more helpful staff (who called within 5 minutes after I checked in to ensure everything was ok), and the rooms were equally nice and spacious. The room was equipped with a microwave as well (which the Holiday Inn exprfess did not have). It also had a nice coffee service and a small refigerator. The breakfast at the Holiday Inn was not as great as its billing. The eggs were dry. There was no breakfast meat. I arrived at 9 AM (suppsoed to end at 9:30 AM and there were no biscuits left). It was more of a continental breakfast (but for the dry scrambled eggs). The bathrooms at Holiday Inn are nice with granite and the towels are fluffy. The rooms smell nicely and appear new. The mattress was very soft. If you like a harder bed, avoid this hotel. I have also stayed at the Embassy Suites also on Fowler and that is also a great option if you need to be at USF for work. There are also better and more restaurants near La Quinta and Embassy Suites. The area near Holiday Inn Express has only a few fast food places and is not as nice as the area around La Quinta and Embassy Suites. I also had to print something while at the Holiday Inn Express but the one computer and one printer are very slow. Not good for business travelers.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
Hello: Our hotel is located approx (1) mile from USF. There is another Express that is approx (20)min from USF area...possibly that one? All our rooms have microwaves... all the beds are soft because the hotel has pillow top mattresses. We try to check guests in early if it's available. It just depends how full we were the night before. We cater to all guests in every class including business. The public restroom was probably offered as a courtesy to accommodate, not to upset or displace. I'm sorry if you felt that way. Advertising for many hotel brands are posted here. Please know that we cannot verify your good/bad stay with them, nor verify your intentions. Thank you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We stayed for a few days after Christmas. The double queen room was very roomy - there was space for all of our luggage 4 carry-ons, a small refrigerator, sink, cabinets and microwave. The breakfast was delicious - much more than the dull continental breakfast most hotels serve. We had some sort of eggs and meat every day, along with oatmeal, rolls, toast, yogurt, milk, juice, and coffee. At least those were the things that my family had - there could have been more!

A perk for us was that from the windows of our room we could see the fireworks at Busch Gardens every night - from the comfort of our room.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Thnak you so much for your positive feedback! I love to hear when we make your stay rememberable! Please think of us next time you are in the Tampa area!
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

We were already a few times in the US and had always had positve experiences with hotels and their services. However,The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Team in Tampa made an outstanding job! It all began down here in Belgium: I mailed the hotel Manager, Heather, and asked if I could send a few packages to the hotel for me (purchases I made on the net in the US). She kept them safe and secure in her office untill our arrival in the hotel ! She also arranged a rental car for us. The rooms are very clean, large and well equiped. Nice and clean bathroom. The continental breakfast is far better than what we had before in the US. And the staff is very friendly and helpfull. The location is OK, very quiet. Excellent for business people. We will certainly return here when we come to Tampa and I warmly recommend this hotel and its superstaff to my friends and everyone who visits Tampa !

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Thank you for letting everyone know that we took such good care of you. We pride ourselves in providing a level of service above the ordinary. You are always welcome here, and I'm glad to see you made it home safely!
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

The first night of a four night stay in Tampa, FL was a nightmare. A family member booked us at a motel that was in a word - disgusting. After a sleepless night there, my father and I drove to the Holiday Inn Express on Busch Blvd. and were prepared to beg for a room. We were greeted by a friendly and sympathetic employee at the front desk who did all she could to comfort us.

We were able to see the room before deciding to stay which had two comfortable queen size beds, beautiful bathroom with spotless tub, sink, toilet. There was a flat screen tv, free wi-fi, free hot breakfast that included eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, and oatmeal! It was way beyond your usual free continental breakfast. The breakfast staff were so incredibly friendly - everyone said good morning and checked in to make sure we had everything we needed.

What impressed us the most was that although check-in is usually 3 p.m., the friendly front desk employee let us check in at 10 a.m. due to our circumstances. I informed her that I saw a $84.99 per night rate online and she even told me we could have the room for $79.00 a night. That meant a lot. We feel she gave us the best deal possible. We appreciated that since we lost 3 nights worth of money at the other place that would not refund us our money. If you want an affordable and clean place to stay in Tampa, Fl, I highly recommend Holiday Inn Express on Busch Blvd.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
I'm so glad that our staff took care of you! We always love to hear that it was the stay that you expected and then some. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know we did great!