“Stay here for location near Busch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #31 of 159 hotels in Tampa
michigan
“Stay here for location near Busch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Hotel was more than we expected after all the other reviews of other hotels in the area.
Within walking distance of Red Lobster & Olive Garden in safe area. Nice staff and very helpful. 1/2 mile to entrance to Busch. Very good and lots of variety at breafast which is included in price. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay went! We pride ourselves on our service and giving our customers the fullest, satisfied stay possible. Please definitely come see us again!

435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I was to be here 3 nights and only stayed one. Moved to La Quinta on Fowler across from USF. This Holiday Inn Express is FAR from USF. I arrived from the airport at 12:45 PM and could not check in to freshen up before meetings. I had to use the Men's bathroom in the hotel to shave, etc. The young woman at the desk was unconcerned. When I arrived there was no one at the desk. There was no bell to call the attendant. There was no one in sight. Odd. I eventually started saying "hello?!" and a young woman came out. She was not professionally dressed and said that check in was at 3 PM. This is not good for business travelers. She did not offer to check to see if any of the rooms had been cleaned and cleared (as other hotels do especially for business travelers who need to prepare for meetings). Will not return to this hotel. I stayed one night and moved to La Quinta on Fowler. La Quinta is equally nice but cheaper, a more helpful staff (who called within 5 minutes after I checked in to ensure everything was ok), and the rooms were equally nice and spacious. The room was equipped with a microwave as well (which the Holiday Inn exprfess did not have). It also had a nice coffee service and a small refigerator. The breakfast at the Holiday Inn was not as great as its billing. The eggs were dry. There was no breakfast meat. I arrived at 9 AM (suppsoed to end at 9:30 AM and there were no biscuits left). It was more of a continental breakfast (but for the dry scrambled eggs). The bathrooms at Holiday Inn are nice with granite and the towels are fluffy. The rooms smell nicely and appear new. The mattress was very soft. If you like a harder bed, avoid this hotel. I have also stayed at the Embassy Suites also on Fowler and that is also a great option if you need to be at USF for work. There are also better and more restaurants near La Quinta and Embassy Suites. The area near Holiday Inn Express has only a few fast food places and is not as nice as the area around La Quinta and Embassy Suites. I also had to print something while at the Holiday Inn Express but the one computer and one printer are very slow. Not good for business travelers.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
Hello: Our hotel is located approx (1) mile from USF. There is another Express that is approx (20)min from USF area...possibly that one? All our rooms have microwaves... all the beds are soft because the hotel has pillow top mattresses. We try to check guests in early if it's available. It just depends how full we were the night before. We cater to all guests in every class including business. The public restroom was probably offered as a courtesy to accommodate, not to upset or displace. I'm sorry if you felt that way. Advertising for many hotel brands are posted here. Please know that we cannot verify your good/bad stay with them, nor verify your intentions. Thank you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We stayed for a few days after Christmas. The double queen room was very roomy - there was space for all of our luggage 4 carry-ons, a small refrigerator, sink, cabinets and microwave. The breakfast was delicious - much more than the dull continental breakfast most hotels serve. We had some sort of eggs and meat every day, along with oatmeal, rolls, toast, yogurt, milk, juice, and coffee. At least those were the things that my family had - there could have been more!

A perk for us was that from the windows of our room we could see the fireworks at Busch Gardens every night - from the comfort of our room.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Thnak you so much for your positive feedback! I love to hear when we make your stay rememberable! Please think of us next time you are in the Tampa area!
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

We were already a few times in the US and had always had positve experiences with hotels and their services. However,The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Team in Tampa made an outstanding job! It all began down here in Belgium: I mailed the hotel Manager, Heather, and asked if I could send a few packages to the hotel for me (purchases I made on the net in the US). She kept them safe and secure in her office untill our arrival in the hotel ! She also arranged a rental car for us. The rooms are very clean, large and well equiped. Nice and clean bathroom. The continental breakfast is far better than what we had before in the US. And the staff is very friendly and helpfull. The location is OK, very quiet. Excellent for business people. We will certainly return here when we come to Tampa and I warmly recommend this hotel and its superstaff to my friends and everyone who visits Tampa !

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Thank you for letting everyone know that we took such good care of you. We pride ourselves in providing a level of service above the ordinary. You are always welcome here, and I'm glad to see you made it home safely!
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

The first night of a four night stay in Tampa, FL was a nightmare. A family member booked us at a motel that was in a word - disgusting. After a sleepless night there, my father and I drove to the Holiday Inn Express on Busch Blvd. and were prepared to beg for a room. We were greeted by a friendly and sympathetic employee at the front desk who did all she could to comfort us.

We were able to see the room before deciding to stay which had two comfortable queen size beds, beautiful bathroom with spotless tub, sink, toilet. There was a flat screen tv, free wi-fi, free hot breakfast that included eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, and oatmeal! It was way beyond your usual free continental breakfast. The breakfast staff were so incredibly friendly - everyone said good morning and checked in to make sure we had everything we needed.

What impressed us the most was that although check-in is usually 3 p.m., the friendly front desk employee let us check in at 10 a.m. due to our circumstances. I informed her that I saw a $84.99 per night rate online and she even told me we could have the room for $79.00 a night. That meant a lot. We feel she gave us the best deal possible. We appreciated that since we lost 3 nights worth of money at the other place that would not refund us our money. If you want an affordable and clean place to stay in Tampa, Fl, I highly recommend Holiday Inn Express on Busch Blvd.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
I'm so glad that our staff took care of you! We always love to hear that it was the stay that you expected and then some. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know we did great!
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

First I'll start off by saying that the property is exceptionally clean, as it should be considering its youth. The fixtures have an upscale feel and appearance to them, and other than some dirt marks/pool water in the elevators, the hotel is well kept. My gripe is with a couple of customer service issues. To make a long story short, I booked the room using points and requested a 2pm checkout (a Priority Club perk). It was suggested to confirm availability with the desk upon my expected return from work at 5am. after returning, no one was to be found at the desk. i called at 10am and was told bluntly there was no way to accomodate because it was the day before New Year's eve (first I've ever been denied,but understandable I guess). i then made note of the fact that there was a carafe for coffe in the room but no coffee pot (I was told there were no extras available in the hotel), the desk instructed me to come down to the lobby if I wanted coffee. After arriving in the lobby, I was told by the staff there wasn't any coffee available. I then went to check out & encountered another Priority Club member also irate about not getting an extended checkout. He noted to me that we weren't as valued because the rates were increased for the holiday and we were on points. I left my info for the manager to contact me (I felt a third of my points being returned was fair), but was ignored. The desk said the other gentleman would be compensated before me because he was a Platinum member and I was just Gold. Mind you I book reservations of several Platinum members in the broadcast/entertainment industry for a living. I guess we'll gravitate elsewhere for the most part.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 14, 2010
I first wanted to say that I'm sorry this stay had good and bad. It should all be great. No guest information was received, otherwise I would've handled it right away. I'm not sure why we didn't have coffee as we always have coffee available. Thank you for understanding the late check out situation because of the Holiday. 99.8% of the time we do accommodate this if available. As a hotel, we do not separate Gold from Platinum etc as far as service. With the program, stages do have more privileges, but we appreciate all members, even Base. I'm not sure of the situation, but apologies if the feeling a Platinum member was appreciated more. Thank you for letting us know how we can be better. Next time you are in Tampa, please allow us another visit.
alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

If you are having any doubts about staying at this hotel then I can tell you to not worry and enjoy your stay! We loved this place. If your goal is to do Busch Gardens you could not have picked a better hotel. Very convenient with the shuttle service but also close enough that you will not hesitate to grab a cab if you want home earlier. We rented a car and found numerous restaurants,( To my fellow Canadians, try Longhorns Restaurant!! ) malls, pharmacies, all within minutes of the hotel. If you do not have a car then walk next door to the Olive Garden and order from their take-out in the bar......we did and it was excellent. Or there is also other places to eat within walking distance too. Do not let other reviews tell you this area is BAD! It is not an upper class neighbourhood, but, it is not scumville either! ( ha, ha) It felt to me like a working class area of Tampa and I felt perfectly safe walking alone to the Olive Garden to get my family their dinner. This was around 8:30 pm. This hotel also has a fantastic breakfast although I would have liked to see the bananas replaced with fresh ones, or maybe even the odd orange being that we are in Florida and they are relatively inexpensive and accessible. Don't forget to tip the weekday breakfast attendant, she is such a hard worker and always happy and positive. The free internet access and the privacy of the room it is located in makes this amenity a great asset. One night we had the entire pool to ourselves...heaven! The exercise room was small but had the equipment needed to get an adequate workout, including a nice flat screen tv to pass the time. We even did a load of washing in the pay laundry room that was on our floor. Every evening we would walk into the hotel and a fresh, clean inviting scent would fill the lobby. It is these little touches that make this hotel stay enjoyable. The staff, especially Michael the night desk clerk, were friendly, helpful and a wealth of information. We would stay at this hotel again without any hesitation. Try it out, I am sure you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 26, 2010
Thank you for the encouraging words! The area isn't a bad area as some would comment, but there are pre-existing establishments around us. We were built brand new, and some guests have mixed opinions. I completely agree (since the street in front of us is Busch Blvd, just a few blocks from Busch Gardens) that our location is very guest and family friendly. Thank you again for enforcing the positive!