“Beautiful rooms, excellent breakfast.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #25 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Beautiful rooms, excellent breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We stayed for a few days after Christmas. The double queen room was very roomy - there was space for all of our luggage 4 carry-ons, a small refrigerator, sink, cabinets and microwave. The breakfast was delicious - much more than the dull continental breakfast most hotels serve. We had some sort of eggs and meat every day, along with oatmeal, rolls, toast, yogurt, milk, juice, and coffee. At least those were the things that my family had - there could have been more!

A perk for us was that from the windows of our room we could see the fireworks at Busch Gardens every night - from the comfort of our room.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Thnak you so much for your positive feedback! I love to hear when we make your stay rememberable! Please think of us next time you are in the Tampa area!

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

We were already a few times in the US and had always had positve experiences with hotels and their services. However,The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Team in Tampa made an outstanding job! It all began down here in Belgium: I mailed the hotel Manager, Heather, and asked if I could send a few packages to the hotel for me (purchases I made on the net in the US). She kept them safe and secure in her office untill our arrival in the hotel ! She also arranged a rental car for us. The rooms are very clean, large and well equiped. Nice and clean bathroom. The continental breakfast is far better than what we had before in the US. And the staff is very friendly and helpfull. The location is OK, very quiet. Excellent for business people. We will certainly return here when we come to Tampa and I warmly recommend this hotel and its superstaff to my friends and everyone who visits Tampa !

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Thank you for letting everyone know that we took such good care of you. We pride ourselves in providing a level of service above the ordinary. You are always welcome here, and I'm glad to see you made it home safely!
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

The first night of a four night stay in Tampa, FL was a nightmare. A family member booked us at a motel that was in a word - disgusting. After a sleepless night there, my father and I drove to the Holiday Inn Express on Busch Blvd. and were prepared to beg for a room. We were greeted by a friendly and sympathetic employee at the front desk who did all she could to comfort us.

We were able to see the room before deciding to stay which had two comfortable queen size beds, beautiful bathroom with spotless tub, sink, toilet. There was a flat screen tv, free wi-fi, free hot breakfast that included eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, and oatmeal! It was way beyond your usual free continental breakfast. The breakfast staff were so incredibly friendly - everyone said good morning and checked in to make sure we had everything we needed.

What impressed us the most was that although check-in is usually 3 p.m., the friendly front desk employee let us check in at 10 a.m. due to our circumstances. I informed her that I saw a $84.99 per night rate online and she even told me we could have the room for $79.00 a night. That meant a lot. We feel she gave us the best deal possible. We appreciated that since we lost 3 nights worth of money at the other place that would not refund us our money. If you want an affordable and clean place to stay in Tampa, Fl, I highly recommend Holiday Inn Express on Busch Blvd.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
I'm so glad that our staff took care of you! We always love to hear that it was the stay that you expected and then some. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know we did great!
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

First I'll start off by saying that the property is exceptionally clean, as it should be considering its youth. The fixtures have an upscale feel and appearance to them, and other than some dirt marks/pool water in the elevators, the hotel is well kept. My gripe is with a couple of customer service issues. To make a long story short, I booked the room using points and requested a 2pm checkout (a Priority Club perk). It was suggested to confirm availability with the desk upon my expected return from work at 5am. after returning, no one was to be found at the desk. i called at 10am and was told bluntly there was no way to accomodate because it was the day before New Year's eve (first I've ever been denied,but understandable I guess). i then made note of the fact that there was a carafe for coffe in the room but no coffee pot (I was told there were no extras available in the hotel), the desk instructed me to come down to the lobby if I wanted coffee. After arriving in the lobby, I was told by the staff there wasn't any coffee available. I then went to check out & encountered another Priority Club member also irate about not getting an extended checkout. He noted to me that we weren't as valued because the rates were increased for the holiday and we were on points. I left my info for the manager to contact me (I felt a third of my points being returned was fair), but was ignored. The desk said the other gentleman would be compensated before me because he was a Platinum member and I was just Gold. Mind you I book reservations of several Platinum members in the broadcast/entertainment industry for a living. I guess we'll gravitate elsewhere for the most part.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 14, 2010
I first wanted to say that I'm sorry this stay had good and bad. It should all be great. No guest information was received, otherwise I would've handled it right away. I'm not sure why we didn't have coffee as we always have coffee available. Thank you for understanding the late check out situation because of the Holiday. 99.8% of the time we do accommodate this if available. As a hotel, we do not separate Gold from Platinum etc as far as service. With the program, stages do have more privileges, but we appreciate all members, even Base. I'm not sure of the situation, but apologies if the feeling a Platinum member was appreciated more. Thank you for letting us know how we can be better. Next time you are in Tampa, please allow us another visit.
alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

If you are having any doubts about staying at this hotel then I can tell you to not worry and enjoy your stay! We loved this place. If your goal is to do Busch Gardens you could not have picked a better hotel. Very convenient with the shuttle service but also close enough that you will not hesitate to grab a cab if you want home earlier. We rented a car and found numerous restaurants,( To my fellow Canadians, try Longhorns Restaurant!! ) malls, pharmacies, all within minutes of the hotel. If you do not have a car then walk next door to the Olive Garden and order from their take-out in the bar......we did and it was excellent. Or there is also other places to eat within walking distance too. Do not let other reviews tell you this area is BAD! It is not an upper class neighbourhood, but, it is not scumville either! ( ha, ha) It felt to me like a working class area of Tampa and I felt perfectly safe walking alone to the Olive Garden to get my family their dinner. This was around 8:30 pm. This hotel also has a fantastic breakfast although I would have liked to see the bananas replaced with fresh ones, or maybe even the odd orange being that we are in Florida and they are relatively inexpensive and accessible. Don't forget to tip the weekday breakfast attendant, she is such a hard worker and always happy and positive. The free internet access and the privacy of the room it is located in makes this amenity a great asset. One night we had the entire pool to ourselves...heaven! The exercise room was small but had the equipment needed to get an adequate workout, including a nice flat screen tv to pass the time. We even did a load of washing in the pay laundry room that was on our floor. Every evening we would walk into the hotel and a fresh, clean inviting scent would fill the lobby. It is these little touches that make this hotel stay enjoyable. The staff, especially Michael the night desk clerk, were friendly, helpful and a wealth of information. We would stay at this hotel again without any hesitation. Try it out, I am sure you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 26, 2010
Thank you for the encouraging words! The area isn't a bad area as some would comment, but there are pre-existing establishments around us. We were built brand new, and some guests have mixed opinions. I completely agree (since the street in front of us is Busch Blvd, just a few blocks from Busch Gardens) that our location is very guest and family friendly. Thank you again for enforcing the positive!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

Great location with free shuttle to Busch Gardens. Clean and comfortable beds. Room inside is not bad. Above average overall.

Lucky76sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

The stay at Holiday inn express was great.... Mike at the front desk was so nice... very very professional made me feel right at home.... when i got there he asked me did i want to see the room first and i did... as soon i as walked in i was like okay this is where i'm staying i had been to one other place and it was nasty but there rooms were so very clean and wasn't stuffy a place where i didn't mind my kids laying their heads if i was to go back this is the place i would stay the staff was wonderful and the breakfast was SO GOOD thank you for the great hospitality.... Sincerly Terrica

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Hello: Thank you so much for the great comments! We love to hear how wonderful the stay was. Thank you again!