First I'll start off by saying that the property is exceptionally clean, as it should be considering its youth. The fixtures have an upscale feel and appearance to them, and other than some dirt marks/pool water in the elevators, the hotel is well kept. My gripe is with a couple of customer service issues. To make a long story short, I booked the room using points and requested a 2pm checkout (a Priority Club perk). It was suggested to confirm availability with the desk upon my expected return from work at 5am. after returning, no one was to be found at the desk. i called at 10am and was told bluntly there was no way to accomodate because it was the day before New Year's eve (first I've ever been denied,but understandable I guess). i then made note of the fact that there was a carafe for coffe in the room but no coffee pot (I was told there were no extras available in the hotel), the desk instructed me to come down to the lobby if I wanted coffee. After arriving in the lobby, I was told by the staff there wasn't any coffee available. I then went to check out & encountered another Priority Club member also irate about not getting an extended checkout. He noted to me that we weren't as valued because the rates were increased for the holiday and we were on points. I left my info for the manager to contact me (I felt a third of my points being returned was fair), but was ignored. The desk said the other gentleman would be compensated before me because he was a Platinum member and I was just Gold. Mind you I book reservations of several Platinum members in the broadcast/entertainment industry for a living. I guess we'll gravitate elsewhere for the most part.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa