If you are having any doubts about staying at this hotel then I can tell you to not worry and enjoy your stay! We loved this place. If your goal is to do Busch Gardens you could not have picked a better hotel. Very convenient with the shuttle service but also close enough that you will not hesitate to grab a cab if you want home earlier. We rented a car and found numerous restaurants,( To my fellow Canadians, try Longhorns Restaurant!! ) malls, pharmacies, all within minutes of the hotel. If you do not have a car then walk next door to the Olive Garden and order from their take-out in the bar......we did and it was excellent. Or there is also other places to eat within walking distance too. Do not let other reviews tell you this area is BAD! It is not an upper class neighbourhood, but, it is not scumville either! ( ha, ha) It felt to me like a working class area of Tampa and I felt perfectly safe walking alone to the Olive Garden to get my family their dinner. This was around 8:30 pm. This hotel also has a fantastic breakfast although I would have liked to see the bananas replaced with fresh ones, or maybe even the odd orange being that we are in Florida and they are relatively inexpensive and accessible. Don't forget to tip the weekday breakfast attendant, she is such a hard worker and always happy and positive. The free internet access and the privacy of the room it is located in makes this amenity a great asset. One night we had the entire pool to ourselves...heaven! The exercise room was small but had the equipment needed to get an adequate workout, including a nice flat screen tv to pass the time. We even did a load of washing in the pay laundry room that was on our floor. Every evening we would walk into the hotel and a fresh, clean inviting scent would fill the lobby. It is these little touches that make this hotel stay enjoyable. The staff, especially Michael the night desk clerk, were friendly, helpful and a wealth of information. We would stay at this hotel again without any hesitation. Try it out, I am sure you will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa