We had a two night stay at this hotel mid April. Family party of 4 adults + 2 teenagers.
I had booked for two x 2queen bedded suite rooms back in June 2013 to secure the rate but only had my credit card registered to hold rooms, which was good because of the increased $ rate!
We arrived at midday and was allowed access to one of the rooms and was given the key to the other at 2pm.
This is a perfect hotel if going to Busch Gardens, some of our party went over there all three days. It is walking distance to the entrance (10-15minutes max) but the hotel also provides a shuttle which we used each time (a nice gesture is to tip the driver a few $s).
The hotel is very comfortable. Our rooms were as described and we was given 'adjoining rooms' as I had requested. They overlooked the theme park in the distance. The rooms were clean and tidy, with a small fridge, microwave and sink. The beds were very comfortable and a welcome relief from the squeaky hard beds of our Orlando rental villa.
The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. There is a small swimming pool and seating area to go back to when BG is done for the day. The buffet breakfast is adequate with plenty of choices. There is the Olive Garden restaurant next door - where we ate super steaks and Italian food, both nights. Also reasonably priced.
This is our second visit to this hotel and in my opinion, the best in the area for BG. We will return without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Low Cost Holidays, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, IHG and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa