We stayed at this hotel for a family vacation. Needless to say we were very disappointed. With 4 people staying in our room and only 2 towels provided, the hotel would not give us additional towels even after repeated calls to housekeeping and the front desk. The rooms were very dirty and the sheets had what looked like blood stains on it. I would suspect that the floors have not been vacuumed in weeks. The breakfast was also subpar. No fruit or eggs were provided, only pastries, toast, and bagel (all high carbohydrates). I even saw staff taking items off of the breakfast bar before 9 am. The air conditioner was terrible in our room. It was either too cold or too hot. There was no way to set the thermostat to a consistent temperature or even keep the fan running. The tv reception was also intermittent and the internet access and speed was terrible. To top it off, the road noise from the street outside of this hotel was terrible all night. I think this hotel was between a war zone and a hospital. This was probably my worst experience staying in a Holiday Inn Express. It was so bad that we checked out 2 days early. As we were leaving our room with our luggage we were questions by the housekeeping staff about our early departure. I've stayed in enough hotels to realize this hotel is managed poorly. Everything was done to maximize profits at the expense of the customer. This includes low staffing levels, using old linens, subpar cleanliness and poorly stocked breakfasts. I usually stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels when traveling because of the consistency and overall value it provides. I hope I never have to experience this again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa