“From Hotel to Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Ranked #37 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“From Hotel to Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I also work for a Holiday Inn Express but in Southern Florida and had a guest recently stay with me that had stayed a few nights before with The HIE in Tampa. They unfortunately left behind a VERY expensive item that they were hoping could be returned to them in time to catch a plane back home out of the country. I contacted the hotel which all of the staff I spoke with was very accommodating and helpful. The general manager in particular Drew was exceptionally awesome. He went out of his way to go to FedEx and make sure it got sent out the day I called their hotel to overnight it to my guest. Just want to thank Drew and his staff again for all their help in assisting me with taking care of one of our mutual guest!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The proximity of this hotel to the park is very close (only a 1/2 mile), it made traveling there so convenient. The hotel's driver, Rolando, was excellent. Normally they dont pick you up between 1-4pm from the park, but the day we went it was raining very hard and he still came and got us within 5 minutes of calling (which was around 3pm). The hotel was clean, and seemed fairly new and the staff was nice and professional. I highly recommend this hotel if you plan on visiting Busch Gardens.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

........but not much else.

We had reserved a 2 night stay for our visit to Busch Gardens, and at the last minute, added a 3'rd night on the front of our stay as we ended up arriving earlier than we originally planned.

Upon checking in, we mentioned our 2 reservations, and were told that we would have to check out after the first night (as in pack our bags, leave by 11:00 am, and then return at 4:00 pm to go through the process again); a pain, with a family of 4. After giving up trying to stay in the same room without having to leave, we went to our room.

The hotel is quite standard; decent appearance, parking, etc. The swimming pool in the parking lot is a bit of a turn off though. The room was clean and everything worked.

However, we did cut our stay after one night after experiencing a very loud air conditioner, and quite possible the worst beds we have ever experienced!

Next Tampa visit will not include this property!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear ToSquareBob1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had with your room accommodations and if we were not able to honor your request for the same room during your stay. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Trimont, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My son and I stayed here prior to a day at Busch Gardens. First impression in lobby was a nice clean hotel. Unfortunately when we got to our room, one of the beds had obviously been slept in and the bed was not made. A beer can was in the garbage. We alerted the front desk staff. She found a handicap room for us to go to instead. We then went to this room only to find that although the beds were made, all 4 pillows from one bed were at the foot without pillow cases. There was also an almond on the middle of the floor so likely had not been vacuumed. We again contacted the front desk. I explained this was a bit ridiculous and since the hotel was full we would accept a room at another hotel. She called a manager who gave us a different handicapped room which they had personally viewed earlier in the day and knew was clean (unsure why this was personally viewed but I didn't question it). This room was indeed clean and nice. The front desk gal (her name was Tara) called to check on us in the room. She was very polite and apologetic with each poor room and this was certainly out of her control. I advised her that given that we now had to change to a third room, I felt a room rate decrease was in order. She contacted the manager who lowered our room rate from $139 for our night down to $119. I did not feel this was adequate but I will leave that up to you to decide. In the end, the room and hotel were nice. As expected from this chain. Breakfast ok. Workout room is horrible with 3 old machines in a very small room. Otherwise decent. Hope the review helps.

Dear chadmn01,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced and we regret the issues yo had with the rooms you received. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review and make necessary improvements accordingly.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Cleveland, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Hi all it's Ryan from Cleveland again me and my fiancé were going on the Carnival Paradise Cruise in Jan. and needed a place to stay for the night before are trip. I looked around and found this new hotel online thru trip advisor read the reviews and decided to book it plus we got a deal was only $99 for the night and there's allot of hotels in this area that are cheaper and that cost more but sounded like a dump from what I was reading. So me and my fiancé headed out from C-Land and arrived around 11:30pm on Sunday. The hotel was easy to find and is literally right across the street from Bush Gardens you can't miss it at the main intersection to go into B-Gardens. Big pull in area to stop for checkin walked in and there main lobby was awesome very nice and clean and this is a new hotel not a remodel. The front desk staff was at the front desk very nice and friendly checked us in with no problems showed me where the room was and asked me if I had any other questions and also advised me of checkout and also stated something about help with tickets in the morning if we needed that service which we didn't. So we found a parking spot they were booked to max capacity which I was figuring since it was right next to B-Gardens. But still plenty of parking (free). Found the room with ease as the front desk staff stated room key worked with no issues and then we walked into are room and holy CRAP! The room was frickin AWESOME!!! King bed nice sheets clean, the bed was super comfy we slept great that night! In room fridge that was clean worked great and wasn't frozen over, nice flat screen worked perfect, work desk, PC Chair, coffee maker, a sofa with a foot rest, free wifi and a big bathroom with a big tub all clean! 4 towel sets all clean, clean toilet the room was great not one issue with the room!!! Couldn't even find any dust A/C worked great was not loud at all great working ptac unit! Heat and the a/c worked perfect it was chilly when we got there waas 44f so def needed the heat, in the morning needed the A/C but it's Florida for this time of year lol. We got there continental free breakfast which was very wonderful had a big food selection there coffee was excellent we eat in the room but they had a big area to sit and eat if you wanted with plenty of tables and a clean room. We never tried the pool since we were on a fixed time table did use the tub me and my fiancé fit in it with no problems. Overall this is a very awesome & great hotel, I would recommend this to anyone staying in the area the price does change pending on the time of year since it is located next to Busch Gardens you could walk there and I think they even offer a free shuttle service to the park but whatever the price is book this hotel you won't be disappointed in the future if I'm in the area I will be staying here again!!!! We checked out with no problems they asked how are stay was and told them it was awesome and then left to head to the port for are trip! Good Job Holiday Inn Express your staff, house keepers and maitnence all work very hard to keep this hotel running and looking so good I give you my 5 STARS for excellence and will be recommending you to anyone I know staying in the area!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here with the family as its close to bush garden. Friendly staff etc. Im a platinum elite member going on 5 years straight and I still could not get a free upgrade to a suite. Seriously????????

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Most everything on my stay was fine except all the banging from the cleaning staff at 6 in the morning. The breakfast was okay for a hotel meal. They could stand to upgrade the pillows and mattresses.

• Stayed March 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear tracydz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J