So in brief if your planning to attend Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa this is probably the best hotel you can stay at . If your staying here during this event and not attending Howl-O-Scream this is probably the worst hotel you could stay at , I will explain below.
Why its good if attending - Very close , Ronaldo will pick you up on demand anytime until 1.30 am , staff very friendly, walking distance , free breakfast
Why its bad if your not attending - The inconsiderate people coming back from the event in the early hours of the morning . We stayed 3 nights and 2 out of 3 nights we were woken by families shouting and slamming doors between 2am and 4am , then it settles down . Also deprived of sleep I managed to get an early night but was woken by a firework show at the park at 11.45pm.
A couple of maintenance things at the hotel were a bit of a worry , when we checked in one bedside light did not work and the coffee maker was broken ( button off the front missing exposing the switch inside ) . Give maintenance their due when i reported it next morning they came straight up , changed the bulbs in the lamp and took the coffee maker . When we returned at 9pm still no coffee maker , not fresh towels , no replacement shower gel etc . Had to go to reception and the took a coffee maker from another room and get bathroom supplies. Next day they did a better job servicing the room.Also one elevator was out of action on the last day
Overall this is still a good hotel but for events you should treat it really as a Busch Gardens hotel and expect most of the residents to be attending these events . Would I come back again , yes I have already booked a couple of days here during Christmas and I hope I can give then 4 out of 5
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.