“A bit disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Ranked #47 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Cape Coral, Florida
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Although the staff was extremely welcoming and check-in was smooth, there were a few issues I had with this hotel. My husband and I travelled here with our 2 teenage grandchildren while we visited Busch Gardens. The pool is practically in the Parking Lot...not private at all, there are no snack bars or restaurants on the premises, and nothing to keep the kids occupied such as an Arcade. What was referred to as a "suite", was a room with 2 queen size beds and an uncomfortable, old convertible sofa. The breakfast which was included with the room rate was very nice with a good selection of food, but all in all, I don't hink we would stay here again...a little inconvenient to have to walk to a restaurant every evening for dinner, as this is not located in a very nice part of town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hello! Please let me start by apologizing. So many of our guests - when they see the Holiday Inn name - remember the old days when they would go on vacation or travel and be able to eat right at the hotel. As a Holiday Inn Express - we offer select service, which doesn't include having a restaurant or lounge on site. Fortunately, there are several dine in or fast food options within walking distance of out hotel. This doesn't solve your problem, but I hope it explains why we don't have an arcade, or restaurant on site. I wish we had been able to completely cover all your expectations. The last thing we want to do is have a guest leave our hotel disappointed with us.

I am grateful that our teams courtesy, and willingness to assist all our guests once again took center stage.

We appreciate the time you took to leave a comment, and hope you get to come back to the Tampa area again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I booked online to stay at the Red Roof down the road. We checked in and within 10 minutes checked out and received a refund because of horrible encounters. We drove down the road in the middle of the night to find The Holiday Inn Express. The front desk clerk was so welcoming and compassionate about the horrible experience my friend and I had with the Red Roof. We stayed 2 nights here and were so happy! The rooms are immaculate. The bathroom was so nice. Wifi works great and breakfast was awesome! Thank you for the hospitality. The staff there is awesome! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hello. Thank you so much for your kind review about our hotel. I am sorry that your original accommodations were not acceptable, but also ecstatic that my front desk team was welcoming and helpful during your tough time. Our team works very hard to make sure our rooms are clean and comfortable for our guests. Next time you are in please come back to see us.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I reserved a room at the last minute for my trip to Busch Gardens. I had planned for two days at Busch Gardens. I first scoped out the hotel when I arrived to Tampa and then considered parking my car at the hotel and walking to Busch Gardens (to avoid the $15 parking fee!). But I was traveling with a small child and thought I seemed like a long walk to Busch Gardens from the hotel. So I proceeded to park at Busch Gardens and pay the fee. At the end of a long, hot day I trekked to my car. Then I checked in the hotel, and the very nice person at the front desk advised me they provide free shuttle to Busch Gardens. Wow, what a bonus. Even though I was checking out the next day, they would let me leave my car there and shuttle me to and from Busch Gardens. The shuttle person, Sam, gave us his number and was faithfully waiting on us when we left the park. The best thing....he was parked right by the entrance. That was a bonus at the end of a long day of walking. I would highly recommend this hotel. The place was clean, everyone was so nice and helpful, they give you many hot/cold options for breakfast and the price was right! I will definitely book this hotel again on my next trip to Tampa.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
HI! Another review for Sam! He has been doing great, and we are happy he joined our team. Our whole team has been working hard to make sure your stay is great, and we are happy Sam was able to demonstrate that effort. We hope you get a chance to come back and see us again real soon. Take Care!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The shuttle bus driver named Sam is very nice and sweet . He took good care of me and my sister getting us back and forth to the parks and coming back and getting us as we'll. Even though the shuttle does not provide service between 1-4. The free service still comes in handy to keep from walking or paying parking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi! Thank you for mentioning Sam our shuttle driver! Sam joined our team recently and has been doing a great job. Come see us again soon.
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel is very clean and really quiet. It's very close to Busch Gardens and has a shuttle to get there. The shuttle driver, Rolando, was very nice and gave the passengers his personal number to call when your ready to return to the hotel from the parks. If you are looking for a hotel close to Busch Gardens I would highly recommend this one!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write a review for us! We love that you had a great time and enjoyed taking our free shuttle to Busch Gardens with Rolando. He is the best! We hope you get to come and stay with us again real soon!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Although not located in a particularly pretty area, it's about the only downside to this hotel. Absolutely spotless in all areas of the building including the elevators. Our room was immaculate. Twin queen beds,flat screen, fridge & microwave, iron & board, good lighting, plenty of power sockets for our numerous electricals and a decent sized ensuite with quality toiletries and plenty of towels. Not much hanging space but we were only staying 3 nights so it was OK. Coffee maker was minus its lid but exchanged immediately by the receptionist as soon as I reported it. (The staff here are really great !) Only had coffee & toast for breakfast so can't rate the rest of the freebies. Free shuttle to Busch, but it's only a 15 min walk if you prefer to. Olive Garden right next door and a really good Red Lobster next door to that. Plenty of secure parking rounded off a perfect stay. Thanks guys, I'd recommend you to anyone !

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the Olive Garden car park and was really quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hello, and thank you for your very detailed review. I am happy you mentioned my team. We all work very hard to get comments such as yours. We hope you get a chance to come back and see us again real soon!
montgomery al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Needed a place to stay close to Busch Gardens as we were traveling from Orlando. I picked this hotel based on previous Trip Advisor reviews and they were correct. We arrived alot earlier than check-in time but they (the front desk girls) accomodated us and got us a room on the 4th floor as requested. From there we asked about the courtesy shuttle to Busch Gardens and met Rolando. What a great guy! The shuttle doesn't run between 1-4 but Rolando gave us his individual phone number and told us (Steve & Kathy) to call when we were ready to come back to the hotel. Hotel was very quiet and right next door to an Olive Garden. Breakfast spread looked great but we skipped it as we were heading home. If we ever come back to Tampa we will be staying here again. Incredible staff!

Room Tip: High floor near back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for taking time out to post a review of your stay with us! We really appreciate you confirming for our future guests - and the folks trying to make up their minds which hotel near Busch Gardens to pick from - that we work really hard to make all our guests happy!

Please come stay with us again soon. Howl-O-Scream is coming up in October, and it isn't too early to start booking your reservations for that now!

See you soon!