“Very clean and personable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #33 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Florida
“Very clean and personable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I reserved a room at the last minute for my trip to Busch Gardens. I had planned for two days at Busch Gardens. I first scoped out the hotel when I arrived to Tampa and then considered parking my car at the hotel and walking to Busch Gardens (to avoid the $15 parking fee!). But I was traveling with a small child and thought I seemed like a long walk to Busch Gardens from the hotel. So I proceeded to park at Busch Gardens and pay the fee. At the end of a long, hot day I trekked to my car. Then I checked in the hotel, and the very nice person at the front desk advised me they provide free shuttle to Busch Gardens. Wow, what a bonus. Even though I was checking out the next day, they would let me leave my car there and shuttle me to and from Busch Gardens. The shuttle person, Sam, gave us his number and was faithfully waiting on us when we left the park. The best thing....he was parked right by the entrance. That was a bonus at the end of a long day of walking. I would highly recommend this hotel. The place was clean, everyone was so nice and helpful, they give you many hot/cold options for breakfast and the price was right! I will definitely book this hotel again on my next trip to Tampa.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
HI! Another review for Sam! He has been doing great, and we are happy he joined our team. Our whole team has been working hard to make sure your stay is great, and we are happy Sam was able to demonstrate that effort. We hope you get a chance to come back and see us again real soon. Take Care!

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The shuttle bus driver named Sam is very nice and sweet . He took good care of me and my sister getting us back and forth to the parks and coming back and getting us as we'll. Even though the shuttle does not provide service between 1-4. The free service still comes in handy to keep from walking or paying parking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi! Thank you for mentioning Sam our shuttle driver! Sam joined our team recently and has been doing a great job. Come see us again soon.
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel is very clean and really quiet. It's very close to Busch Gardens and has a shuttle to get there. The shuttle driver, Rolando, was very nice and gave the passengers his personal number to call when your ready to return to the hotel from the parks. If you are looking for a hotel close to Busch Gardens I would highly recommend this one!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write a review for us! We love that you had a great time and enjoyed taking our free shuttle to Busch Gardens with Rolando. He is the best! We hope you get to come and stay with us again real soon!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Although not located in a particularly pretty area, it's about the only downside to this hotel. Absolutely spotless in all areas of the building including the elevators. Our room was immaculate. Twin queen beds,flat screen, fridge & microwave, iron & board, good lighting, plenty of power sockets for our numerous electricals and a decent sized ensuite with quality toiletries and plenty of towels. Not much hanging space but we were only staying 3 nights so it was OK. Coffee maker was minus its lid but exchanged immediately by the receptionist as soon as I reported it. (The staff here are really great !) Only had coffee & toast for breakfast so can't rate the rest of the freebies. Free shuttle to Busch, but it's only a 15 min walk if you prefer to. Olive Garden right next door and a really good Red Lobster next door to that. Plenty of secure parking rounded off a perfect stay. Thanks guys, I'd recommend you to anyone !

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the Olive Garden car park and was really quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hello, and thank you for your very detailed review. I am happy you mentioned my team. We all work very hard to get comments such as yours. We hope you get a chance to come back and see us again real soon!
montgomery al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Needed a place to stay close to Busch Gardens as we were traveling from Orlando. I picked this hotel based on previous Trip Advisor reviews and they were correct. We arrived alot earlier than check-in time but they (the front desk girls) accomodated us and got us a room on the 4th floor as requested. From there we asked about the courtesy shuttle to Busch Gardens and met Rolando. What a great guy! The shuttle doesn't run between 1-4 but Rolando gave us his individual phone number and told us (Steve & Kathy) to call when we were ready to come back to the hotel. Hotel was very quiet and right next door to an Olive Garden. Breakfast spread looked great but we skipped it as we were heading home. If we ever come back to Tampa we will be staying here again. Incredible staff!

Room Tip: High floor near back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for taking time out to post a review of your stay with us! We really appreciate you confirming for our future guests - and the folks trying to make up their minds which hotel near Busch Gardens to pick from - that we work really hard to make all our guests happy!

Please come stay with us again soon. Howl-O-Scream is coming up in October, and it isn't too early to start booking your reservations for that now!

See you soon!
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We spent one night here after a cruise to go to Busch Gardens. Motel is clean, well kept and great location for Busch Gardens. The price is very reasonable and the breakfast was good, with lots of variety, even for a picky 3 year old. The shuttle service was very great, Rolando gave us a card with his cell phone number to call him to pick us back up at the park. He showed up 10 minutes after being called at the end of day at Busch gardens. The beds were comfortable, the rooms clean.The staff was friendly and helpful. We were able to visit both Busch Gardens as well as Adventure Island water park during our short stay there. There are a lot of not so nice motels to choose from on Busch avenue--choose wisely! If you want a reasonably priced, safe and clean place to stay, come here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you for your review! We are glad you posted a review of our hotel, and how much you enjoyed your stay with us!
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

OK now when we arrived here I was a little worried . You know i am a light sleeper and when we arrived we got put on the 1st floor the first room nearest elevators , reception and the breakfast area . It was 1 am and i was too tired to argue so i though I would give it the first night and asked to be moved the next day . Well we stayed 3 days and I didn't need to move , the room were well insulated an unless there was someone right outside your door shouting it was very quiet indeed. beds very very good with a mix of pillows . Air-con worked well and we left it on all night to drown out any noise close to the door.
Breakfast was the usual for a free offer , but included hot food that the staff did a pretty good job keeping topped up even during the rush hour, there were not enough tables at rush hour but that's typical in most hotels today.
There was a free shuttle to and from the parks that takes about 10 mins round trip in the normal times , can take up-to 45 mins if the roads are busy such as at Halloween . The park you can see from the hotel and we walked in one day 20 mins from door to ticket booth ( not advised in the hot summer no real shade on the walk , take the shuttle ) , Note shuttle does not run 1 pm-4 pm but it will run you between the water park and Busch gardens as well as to and from both to the hotel.
There is am Olive garden ( not so good) and a Red Lobster ( very good) right next to the hotel to walk out and eat or grab a beer
The only odd thing that happened is there was no hairdryer in the room just a metal mounting bracket in the bathroom . I asked at reception and they gave me a brand new hairdryer kit that i had to mount myself on the wall ( very strange indeed)

Room Tip: In thisn case it seems any room is good based on the sound insulation
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello! Wow, let me first start by saying my team should not have given you the new hairdryer to install yourself. Very strange indeed is just you being very polite. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. I will make sure I address it with them so it won't happen again.

Secondly, I am so pleased to hear your stay with us was so pleasant. Everyone from Rolando to the room attendants that work so hard everyday to keep the rooms clean do what we can to get reviews like this.

Thank you so much for staying with us, and we hope you get to come back again real soon! Howl-O-Scream is going to be crazy this year. Maybe a return trip in October can be arranged?

See you then!