OK now when we arrived here I was a little worried . You know i am a light sleeper and when we arrived we got put on the 1st floor the first room nearest elevators , reception and the breakfast area . It was 1 am and i was too tired to argue so i though I would give it the first night and asked to be moved the next day . Well we stayed 3 days and I didn't need to move , the room were well insulated an unless there was someone right outside your door shouting it was very quiet indeed. beds very very good with a mix of pillows . Air-con worked well and we left it on all night to drown out any noise close to the door.
Breakfast was the usual for a free offer , but included hot food that the staff did a pretty good job keeping topped up even during the rush hour, there were not enough tables at rush hour but that's typical in most hotels today.
There was a free shuttle to and from the parks that takes about 10 mins round trip in the normal times , can take up-to 45 mins if the roads are busy such as at Halloween . The park you can see from the hotel and we walked in one day 20 mins from door to ticket booth ( not advised in the hot summer no real shade on the walk , take the shuttle ) , Note shuttle does not run 1 pm-4 pm but it will run you between the water park and Busch gardens as well as to and from both to the hotel.
There is am Olive garden ( not so good) and a Red Lobster ( very good) right next to the hotel to walk out and eat or grab a beer
The only odd thing that happened is there was no hairdryer in the room just a metal mounting bracket in the bathroom . I asked at reception and they gave me a brand new hairdryer kit that i had to mount myself on the wall ( very strange indeed)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa