Our family recently stayed at this hotel and selected it based upon Tripadvisor reviews, its proximity to Busch gardens, the pool (albeit small and chilly) and the free breakfast (a definite bonus for a family). We usually stay at Holiday Inn Expresses when we travel and have found some to be better than others. The hotel room we had was ok, seemed clean and had a small fridge and microwave, decent sized bathroom. The lighting in bathroom could definitely be better and I prefer the fan in the bath to be a separate switch from the light but no deal breaker. Overall, the hotel seemed older and could use some updating in some areas. The breakfast area was fairly large and bright, had plenty of seating and offered the usual fare, eggs, meat, fresh fruit, yogurt, bread & pastries,etc. We love the free breakfast, it's a good value and a time saver when you just want to get out the door to get on with your business.
We found all of the front desk people we dealt with to be extremely pleasant and accommodating. Like others, we took advantage of the great discounted deal for Busch Gardens with the 14 day pass purchased at the hotel front desk. We hadn't planned on going 4 days in a row but we did and had a great time. Also, can't say enough about the shuttle driver, Rolando, who was there promptly every morning and throughout the day to schlep folks back and forth from the hotel and Busch Gardens. As others mentioned, the immediate area is not great Last, don't make the mistake of ordering pizza delivery from Pizza Famiglia whose flier appeared under our hotel door on day 1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa