Two adults and two kids. We stayed here due to the good reviews and the free shuttle to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. Sam, our shuttle driver, gave us his phone number, and was extremely helpful and kind. When we were there there was no shuttle service between 1-4pm. On hot days, we went to Busch Gardens for 3 hours, Sam brought us to Adventure Island for a few hours and then he picked us up and brought us back to Busch Gardens until the park closed. We used a locker (50 cents) outside of the Busch Gardens entrance to store our cooler - not allowed in BG, but small ones are allowed in Adventure Island. Many others did this also to save some money (picnic tables outside BG and AI). We got the unlimited park visits to BG & AI for up to 2 weeks for $85 (a great deal).
This hotel had spacious and clean rooms. Our room had two queens, a sofa, sitting chair w/ottoman, great tv, sink/bar area, and a refrigerator. The beds were very comfortable (and I am used to sleeping on a Temper Pedic).
This had the best free breakfast buffet that I have experienced in my hotel stays - pancakes, eggs, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, cereal, muffins, juice, coffee, etc.
The hotel is very nice. The neighborhoods to the east, south and west are a bit rough. Though I didn't go there, the area to the north (near USF) seems nicer. It is possible to take the city bus to/from the airport ($2 to downtown and $2 from the Marion Transit Center to the airport), but it will take you at least an hour and a half (depending upon the time of day that you travel). A cab ride (ours was with United Cab) will be about $38 one way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa