“Clean, comfortable and very courteous and close to Busch Gardens” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #39 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Toronto, Canada
“Clean, comfortable and very courteous and close to Busch Gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We chose this hotel because of it's close proximity to Busch Gardens and the complimentary shuttle service which was great (thanks Rolando) The staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the Olive Garden next door as well. We found the room to be spacious and it had a little kitchenette (fridge and microwave). We asked for a quiet room. The beds were comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was good (no yogurt the 2 days we were there,). The staff work very hard to keep everyone happy. I would stay there again when I go to Busch Gardens.

Room Tip: If you are on the top floor (4th) no one is over you and it is quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi! Thank you for letting us know how we did during your stay. Once again Rolando is mentioned for his excellent customer service! We hope you get a chance to come stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We looked at a number of hotels close to Busch Gardens and many reviews. This was noce, clean newer hotel. Restaurants were close by and within walking distance. The free shuttle to Busch Garden was a nice perk as it made our day even easier and fun. Only issue was that our bed was extremly soft, I like soft but this was sink in soft!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello! Thank you for choosing our hotel, and thank you again for your review! We appreciate the time you took to fill it out for us!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Rebecca the Breakfast Cooordinator had everything ready and came by to check that everything was perfect, hot and tasty. I stayed there a couple of days and every day the breakfast was great. That salsa must have been made at the hotel it was so good. And I'm trying to cut down on my coffee consumption but the coffee was so good, I had two cups.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello! I think this is the first time Rebecca has been mentioned in a Trip Advisor review! She is going to be thrilled to see it! Thank you so much for your comments, we really appreciate it!
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 14 nights on business and was very under-whelmed with the hotel. Aside from the warm greeting and the overall cleanliness (which I would expect from any hotel), the only reason I can see that this establishment has received such good ratings is related to its proximity to Busch Gardens.
The rooms were generous in size and well appointed although the a/c unit was easily the loudest I've ever heard so I gave up with it about 2 days in. To add to the sound effects, every room's door was on a self closing mechanism which appeared to be set to "slam" - forget about lie ins...
If you want to use the gym don't bother bringing any kit as all the machines were broken and the neighbourhood was not one suited to jogging at night. If you need the laundry facilities then its probably more convenient to use a laundrette (only one washer and tumble drier one of which broke during the stay) and as for the business suite it was also a broken affair.
Breakfast was included in the price but not exactly inspiring; after 14 consecutive days eating off of polystyrene plates with plastic cutlery it's easy to get fed up with the ambience but at least there are a wealth of fast food joints within walking distance to provide alternatives.
In short, it wasn't very impressive at all and I was amazed to see the previous reviews speak so highly of it. Probably ok for a short break but thoroughly tedious for any lengthy stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello. I am sorry your stay wasn't as fantastic as we hoped it would be. After 14 days in a hotel, I can imagine I would start to want to go home too, and not be impressed anymore with the same breakfast each morning. We do our best, and for the most part are able to make our guests very happy. Your comments are welcomed, because we need to look at how to make our extended stay guests more comfortable. Being so close to Busch Gardens we get a ton of families in for a couple days and then they leave and have a great time. You have certainly given me pause to think about our extended stay guests. Thank you very much for your insights, and we hope you get to come back and see us again soon. Hopefully we will have come up with something to make your stay more pleasant by then!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

With excellent service seemingly being a thing of the past, I was more than pleased with my entire stay this week. In the area for an on-site business meeting, I had to choose a property that was close to the facility without a lack of safety and cleanliness for the other meeting attendees who needed to stay overnight.

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites was a perfect choice. Literally walking distance to Busch Gardens, you'd think it would be packed with rambunctious families and run down from the in and out visitors. I found a parking spot right up front near the door and was greeted with a warm welcome. The check-in was smooth, the lobby was very open, clean and decorated in a contemporary executive style decor. My room was on the 3rd of four floors. I was worried that I might be troubled at night with someone running around upstairs but that was not the case at all. My suite, very clean, had plenty of room, ample lighting and again, it's just nicely decorated. It was definitely not the Holiday Inn you remember from a kid with the corny comforter and icky carpet.

I felt welcomed, taken care of and safe. I wasn't interrupted during my 3 days stay with any noise, and they gave me a welcome call late enough where I could settle in and get unpacked. When I woke up the first morning, I had a wonderful card slid under my door welcoming me. It was great! Drew was a dream, he printed my gym guest pass for L.A. Fitness and was just very attentive the entire time. Staff is excellent.

I travel A LOT and I have stayed in some of the best hotel/resort/villas...this little treasure is perfect in it's market segment for what it is...a great little select service property in Tampa. If you're in this part of town and need a good place you can trust and return to, hands down this is a great choice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello! Thank you so much for your review. We feel the same way about Drew. In fact he has been doing such great work with us he was just promoted to Assistant General Manager! His commitment to our guests in above question, and I am really lucky to have him on my team.

Please come back to see us again real soon so you can congratulate Drew on his promotion. But you had better hurry. If he keeps this up, he will be running his own property soon!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in February 2013 and was very happy with my stay. Every last staff member I interacted with was extremely helpful and pleasant. Rooms are very nice and clean but what makes this hotel a great value is the free breakfast and shuttle service, both are excellent. Big shout out to shuttle driver Rolando, we called him when we were ready to head back after a long day at Busch Gardens and he was there in five minutes. Very convenient. I did have one minor issue, housekeeping cleaned up the bathroom after the first night and forgot to replace the towels and soaps. Not a big deal, one call to the front desk and everything was taken care of. A+++

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hi! Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write a review for us! Rolando is going to get spoiled having his name mentioned so much on Trip Advisor! He does a great job for us, and we are lucky to have him on our team. We hope you get to come and stay with us again soon!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at this property for a two day visit to Tampa and this is a very hotel! The staff greet you with a smile without fail whether they are dealing with you or not. The room was what I have come to expect from HIE- clean comfortable beds, clean and functional rooms. Breakfast was well stocked with serval hot choices. The hotel is only about 0,5 miles from the park and they have a shuttle to and from the park on your schedule not theirs. You cannot miss with property for Busch Gardens visit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hello! Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your review!