“Simple, excellent service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #39 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Simple, excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

With excellent service seemingly being a thing of the past, I was more than pleased with my entire stay this week. In the area for an on-site business meeting, I had to choose a property that was close to the facility without a lack of safety and cleanliness for the other meeting attendees who needed to stay overnight.

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites was a perfect choice. Literally walking distance to Busch Gardens, you'd think it would be packed with rambunctious families and run down from the in and out visitors. I found a parking spot right up front near the door and was greeted with a warm welcome. The check-in was smooth, the lobby was very open, clean and decorated in a contemporary executive style decor. My room was on the 3rd of four floors. I was worried that I might be troubled at night with someone running around upstairs but that was not the case at all. My suite, very clean, had plenty of room, ample lighting and again, it's just nicely decorated. It was definitely not the Holiday Inn you remember from a kid with the corny comforter and icky carpet.

I felt welcomed, taken care of and safe. I wasn't interrupted during my 3 days stay with any noise, and they gave me a welcome call late enough where I could settle in and get unpacked. When I woke up the first morning, I had a wonderful card slid under my door welcoming me. It was great! Drew was a dream, he printed my gym guest pass for L.A. Fitness and was just very attentive the entire time. Staff is excellent.

I travel A LOT and I have stayed in some of the best hotel/resort/villas...this little treasure is perfect in it's market segment for what it is...a great little select service property in Tampa. If you're in this part of town and need a good place you can trust and return to, hands down this is a great choice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for your review. We feel the same way about Drew. In fact he has been doing such great work with us he was just promoted to Assistant General Manager! His commitment to our guests in above question, and I am really lucky to have him on my team.

Please come back to see us again real soon so you can congratulate Drew on his promotion. But you had better hurry. If he keeps this up, he will be running his own property soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in February 2013 and was very happy with my stay. Every last staff member I interacted with was extremely helpful and pleasant. Rooms are very nice and clean but what makes this hotel a great value is the free breakfast and shuttle service, both are excellent. Big shout out to shuttle driver Rolando, we called him when we were ready to head back after a long day at Busch Gardens and he was there in five minutes. Very convenient. I did have one minor issue, housekeeping cleaned up the bathroom after the first night and forgot to replace the towels and soaps. Not a big deal, one call to the front desk and everything was taken care of. A+++

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hi! Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write a review for us! Rolando is going to get spoiled having his name mentioned so much on Trip Advisor! He does a great job for us, and we are lucky to have him on our team. We hope you get to come and stay with us again soon!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at this property for a two day visit to Tampa and this is a very hotel! The staff greet you with a smile without fail whether they are dealing with you or not. The room was what I have come to expect from HIE- clean comfortable beds, clean and functional rooms. Breakfast was well stocked with serval hot choices. The hotel is only about 0,5 miles from the park and they have a shuttle to and from the park on your schedule not theirs. You cannot miss with property for Busch Gardens visit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hello! Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your review!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Booked as a package with Busch Gardens tickets. Hotel was clean- nothing fancy, but it met our needs. The staff members were all very friendly and willing to help. The hotel shuttle is the best benefit - you avoid the parking fee at Busch Gardens, the van drops you off right at the gate, and Rolando gives you his cell phone number so you can call whenever you are ready to go back to the hotel. There's a pool that's right up front by the parking lot, but my kids didn't have the energy to use it after a day at the park. Breakfast was ok- coffee, juice, eggs, biscuits, cereal, yogurt, and cinnamon buns. The pancake machine was acting up, and the only fruit available was green unripe bananas. Even so, it was enough to get us ready for another day at the park. I probably wouldn't choose this hotel on its own, but as part of a Busch Gardens trip, it was just fine!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello. Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review of our hotel. We certainly appreciate our guests letting future guests about our customer service. It seems everyone today has a free breakfast, or a clean room, but the service is what we know will set us apart from the other hotels in the area. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon.
New Hampshire, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The shuttle service to the park made this very worthwhile. Rolando was awesome and very friendly and helpful.
Room was clean and well maintained. For a family of 5, was able to sleep well, even if the beds were a bit uncomfortable (but i'm very picky). Overall great service and value for the rates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thanks for your review! Rolando will be excited to see his name on another review!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Convenient shuttle service to nearby Busch Gardens. The shuttle driver, Rolando, was very nice and came to pick us up within 10 minutes of our calling to let him know we were ready to leave.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! Rolando is fantastic, and we hope you get to come back and visit him again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The only problem was night construction at the Olive Garden next store. All the lights and generators were needlessly used right under the hotel windows. As soon as a room on the other side of the hotel became available the staff graciously moved us. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff - they were all pleasant, helpful and gracious! We were 10 minutes from nice golf courses and 20 minutes from Tampa's great restaurants. A terrific vacation!

• Stayed February 2013
Hello! Yes, we completely understand about the renovation Olive Garden is doing next door. We have worked diligently with them, and it seems the noise level has abated significantly. We are excited they are renovating as it is only going to make the area more pleasant for all our visiting guests!