Stayed 3 nights at this hotel mid January 2013, specifically to visit Busch Gardens, and also visit Wickee Wachee Springs to see the mermaids.
The hotel was terrific, with fantastic service. The young man on the front desk couldn't be more helpful (sorry, can't remember his name), and the room was great. We had 2 queen beds and sofa bed, which allowed us to spread out. We were also 1 month into travelling and shopping, so had plenty of room for storing luggage. The room also had a kitchen counter with extra sink, microwave and fridge. The only thing i will comment on, the room was a little dark, with lamps being the only lighting. Our room was on the front of the hotel, on the main road, so you could see Busch Gardens from the room, but was not too noisy for sleeping. The traffic seemed to really slow down at night.
The shuttle driver, Rolando, was great. Free of charge shuttle to Busch Gardens on the hour, and also very helpful, with tips of where to eat dinner. There are several places right outside the hotel, but mostly fast food with Olive Garden right next door.
Breakfast was included in the room charge, which was more than enough variety to please everybody (maybe could have done with a little more fruit). Travelling with 14 and 12 year olds, when you can make your own pancakes, you don't need anything else. The 2 ladies who looked after breakfast, Rebecca and Carmen, were lovely, and looked after everyone.
There was also washing facilities ($1 per wash, and $1 to dry, bargain compared to other hotels). There was only the 1 set of machines, so maybe when the hotel was busy, it may be harder to get time on these.
Overall, we would recommend this hotel. Very clean and great service.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Olotels, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.