Excellent location for Busch Gardens and MOSI Imax Dome and Science Museum, but there is an issue if you room is anywhere near the pool!
We have stayed at this hotel before, and have never had an issue, but our last visit was a nightmare. We were on the 4th floor, but above the pool, when 2 familys arrived with 12 teenagers. They were in the pool for hours, and the noise was so bad we had to phone reception as we couldn't sleep. At 10:00pm, we had had enough, as we had an early start the next day, so we checked out.
Starr, who was the night manager did her best to resolve the issue, and asked the teenagers to stop screaming, but to no avail. The reason for this was because the pool is open until 11:00pm, every night.
So in conclusion, if you want to go to bed early, to get up early, make sure that you are miles away from the pool. Apart from that, a lovely hotel, lovely staff, and excellent facilities; just a pity they are willing to loose business over keeping a pool open so late.
Access to Busch Gardens is within walking distance to save on parking fees, or the free shuttle will drop you off and pick you up. Not far from the University Mall situated on Fowler Avenue, just up 30th, a 5 minute drive. Also lots of eateries on Fowler, so well worth a look, especially Longhorn Steakhouse, best steak we have ever had, and fantastic value for money. Oh, also not far from Lowery Park Zoo which is a great day out, and again, value for money.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Olotels, Agoda, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.