Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Ranked #37 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“The people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The people at this hotel went out of their way to make our stay very enjoyable. A person was sent to our room to help us log in to the internet. Every one was very polite. We spend two days at Busch gardens. The park and location were ideal for my wife and I.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Hello, and thank you so much for your kind review. We all are very focused on improving our service level for all our guests, and we are happy we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. We hope you come back again real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Enjoyed a one-night stay here while going to Busch Gardens' Howl O'Scream. The hotel check-in area was extremely busy, yet the staff was calm and courteous. We were given the same room type that I booked - a king, non-smoking. Since I'm a Priority Club member, they presented a little goodie bag upon arrival - a bottled water & microwave popcorn. Not super impressive, but a nice gesture. The room and entire property was clean and well maintained. The beds were comfortable and everything in the room worked perfectly. There were a mini fridge and a microwave in the room. The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of choices, including a pancake station, eggs, and fresh baked cinnamon rolls. Even though we got down there at the very end of breakfast time, the staff made sure we had everything we wanted before they closed up shop. Checkout was a breeze. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a convenient, clean and reasonably priced stay near Busch Gardens or USF.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Hello! Thank you for your very kind review! We appreciate the time you took out of your day to let our future guests know what to expect when they make a reservation to stay with us. Your perception of the hotel is very important to us, and my entire team has recently gone through training to make sure we know how to service our guests so we are the best in Tampa. We hope you get an opportunity to visit us again real soon!
French Lick, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've always held Holiday Inns in pretty high regards. This was the worst Holiday Inn I've ever been to. The bed had toenails on it where someone had been grooming themselves. It looked as if they had also shaved their pubic hair on the bed. The chair in the room was covered in filth. The carpet was extremely dirty also. The sink in the bathroom needs a lot more water pressure. The faucet in the bathtub wasn't attached to the bathtub and could be pulled off. On my next trip to Tampa, I'll stay at a cheaper and chances are a much better hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at a cheaper motel and you'll probably be happier.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Wow. First off, please accept my sincere apology for the issues you mentioned in your review. As you can clearly see from all of the other reviews left by previous guests, this is certainly way out of the ordinary. My whole team and I take extreme pride in everything we do, and I take personal responsibility when we miss the mark our guests set for us. I would like to personally apologize to you. Please contact me at the hotel at your convenience. I have also personally researched which room you stayed in and have taken the needed steps to assess the room and make any needed repairs and deep cleaning. I look forward to speaking to you in person.
Hazleton, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Spent about a month in the Tampa area working. Stayed at The Holiday inn, Star, Drew and the rest of the staff made my stay over the top enjoyable. Great Job guys keep up the good work. Hope to see ya's again some time.

Mark

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello! I cannot tell you how happy I am to see some of my team members mentioned in your review! Thank you so much for letting us all know how great your stay was. Please come back and enjoy the parks when you don’t have to work!
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

After booking vip tickets for halloscreem. which i deffintly recommend if you decided to go. We chose to stay at the holiday inn, just because of its proximity to the park, its down the street. We'll i booked a king bed room, from the holiday web sight. I checked in at 4:30. Went up to the room and got a queen double room. I immidietly called the front desk and the receptionist said that they were all out and there was nothing she can do. I called back and asked to speak to a manager and explained that we had 1 booked and got a confirmation for a king bed. 2. I booked through their web sight, so that they could use that as an excuse. and 3. I checked in at 4:30, so it wasn't like i came in at some super late hour where they had to give up the room. Well basically she told me the same thing. But that she would call later to see if anything had opened up.
To their credit they did call later that night saying that they had a room available. But as i explained that we had already unpacked and were on our way to the park with a time reservation. So it was to late.
For this reason i gave it a poor rating. I mean the first thing you do when you get to a room is expect to find what you reserved.
Overall the hotel was relatively clean and the staff was welcoming, but not honoring what i reserved was poor customer service.

Room Tip: Confirm at the front desk what type of room you are getting.
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I arrived on October 18th at this Holiday Inn Express for 1 night, just to attend Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens. The staff at the desk and the shuttle driver (during the day) were friendly, helpful, and all you could ask for. The hotel appears very new, clean, and exceptionally nice.
My only complaint......and it was enough to ruin my trip to Busch Gardens......was the shuttle driver at midnight. We walked out to meet the shuttle and no one else was waiting. It was about midnight. We sat down and waited. The shuttle arrived and it was FULL! He had a load of people that he DID NOT PICK UP THERE! The hotel is 1/2 mile from the front gate. He said, sorry, no room.....I'll be back in 20 minutes. At this point there were 4 of us waiting. The woman was pregnant in the other couple. We saw a different Holiday Inn Express van (from further away) come back 2 more times before our Van returned. At this point, there were probably 12 people waiting. We went to meet him since we had waited longest and he told us we had to wait at the "pickup" place. When the driver saw us at the "pickup" place, he ZOOMED PAST US and picked up the other people waiting. He is a complete JERK! He is a middle aged Latino man. The young black man during the day is very gracious and friendly, NOT THE NIGHT GUY! We and the other couple split the fare of a cab back to the hotel. I suggest you drive your car or plan to take a taxi instead of the shuttle. The hotel is nice, the night shuttle guy should be replaced.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here for two nights whilst on a two week holiday to Florida. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was. As soon as you walk in it feels like a quality hotel, the receptionist was really helpful and let us check in early. The free shuttle to Busch Gardens was brilliant and the driver chatty and helpful, he gave us pick up times but also his number should we want to come back at a different time. The free breakfast was more than satisfactory and something that we all liked. We ate at the Olive Garden next door and had a delicious meal. My only complaint would be the neighbourhood did not seem a bit run down but if you only want to go to Busch Gardens would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review of our hotel. We truly appreciate the comments since we know it is the only way we will get better. I am glad you mentioned checking in early. As always, we are in the business of taking care of, and making our guest happy. If you get to the hotel early, please feel free to see if we have your room ready. If we do, we will check you in. If we don’t, we will let you know when we hope to have it ready for you.

Having the Olive Garden next door to the hotel is a blessing, but it is a two edged sword for those of us who work there! The fantastic smells coming from over there is enough to make anyone hungry! We love them, and are very happy to have them as neighbors! We hope to see you again real soon!