“Glad we found it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Ranked #38 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Glad we found it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Very clean rooms, comfortable bedding and beds, large bathrooms, friendly staff. Close to everything.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Hi! Thank you for your review! We are happy we met your expectations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We were going to Busch Gardens for the weekend and chose this hotel based on how close it was to BG and that it was new. Had I been familiar with the area surrounding BG, I may have chosen to stay farther away as the area is not very nice and rather scary (low socio-economic area). We felt a little uncomfortable walking in the area (conveniently located on the same block as Olive Garden and other restaurants). But the hotel is fine - very basic. The room is just big enough for the beds and dressers (Not much extra space). The breakfast is SUPER basic and poor quality (worse than I've received at other "free breakfast" hotels). The staff was fine - not very friendly but fine. The hotel is pretty - looks new. We didn't use the free shuttle to BG but it's nice that it was available if you need it. The pool was not as nice as we hoped (small, much of the pool furniture was broken or damaged, view of the busy road and overlooking an awful looking Days Inn next door). If you really want to be close to BG then this is a good place. Otherwise, I'd recommend looking farther out. But then again, not sure if Tampa even has any "nice" areas besides Bay front?!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hello. Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to offer your comments on our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the items in your review that we can directly control. We strive for excellence in all areas of service and we take it to heart when a guest lets us know we didn’t meet their expectations. I am reviewing the breakfast, and pool areas to identify were we can improve. Our team members know that customer service is our number one goal. We work daily on our Heart for Hospitality, and are getting better and better every day in every way. We hope we have a chance in the future to show you our improvement.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We were going on a cruise the next day and wanted a place to stay that had shuttle service to the cruise port. Our room was clean, the breakfast was very good and the shuttle ride was a pleasure with upbeat and happy Robert who really seemed to enjoy his job. One problem, however. Since we left our car there during the cruise, unfortunately someone opened a door on our car leaving a deep scratch.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Hi! Thank you for choosing our hotel for your pre-cruise stay! I remember seeing and speaking with you as you were heading out. I felt horrible about the scratch on your car, and wish there was something we could have done to assist, other than offering to provide a statement to your insurance company. We hope this incident doesn’t prevent you from choosing us again.
Poultney, VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed as part of a package deal with Busch Gardens and the value was fantastic. We expecially enjoyed the shuttle bus driver that took us to Busch Gardens. Music by the Ohio Players was perfect on the way to ride roller coasters. Always appreciate the breakfast included at hotels. The pancake machine was a hit with our 6 year old. From my perspective the breakfast room was way too crowded. Tables to close together. Ran out of everything on the breakfast bar. That whole thing should be redesigned.
Otherwise everything was fantastic.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you for your kind review. Our Busch Gardens Hotel Package is a great deal. When you purchase the package the Busch Gardens Tickets are good for 14 consecutive days from the first day of use! Robert our shuttle driver is always a hit with our guests. I am also very happy your 6 year old loved the pancake machine! Sometimes when the hotel is full, we do have a lot of our guests come down to breakfast all at once. It does get crowded in there. We have started using our meeting room for overflow seating to help with the congestion. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

First let me start off with praise the Shuttle Driver Robert was so nice.

Now the bad parts. Day One. My room had a dirty shower curtain, we were promised towels from the Front Desk at time of arrival because she said the housekeeper only left a few in the room. The towels never arrived. When we arrived back from Busch Gardens the ATM in the lobby debited money from my account but did not dispense cash. I alerted the Front Desk, the black male there who looked very unprofessional re-acted in the same manner, unprofessional. I told him my dilemna and his actions were, he created and out of service sign and kept moving. He acted like he could care less. Day Two. We were told the pool was open and heated, it was open and heated and filled with dirt and trash so of course we didn't swim. I called for towels twice they finally arrived two hours later. The orange juice was out and when i alerted the housekeeper short spanish speaking lady with short curly hair in the dining area she acted like I was speaking in Chinese. You could clearly see the orange juice was opaque. The staff was not friendly and they all acted like they're concern was a job and not the customers. Regardless of the cost location or Star Rating, Customer service should be always outstanding. The staff should visit the Ritz Carlton for some customer service skills.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Please allow me to address your concerns surrounding our team members, and your experience here at the hotel. I first want to sincerely apologize to you that we seemed to have – uncharacteristically – missed the mark in making you, our valued guest, happy with their stay. Each day, as you can see from all the other Trip Advisor reviews on our property since August, we work very hard to exceed our guest’s expectations of the type of service we offer here. From time to time, though, we do fall short, and I sincerely apologize to you and your family for the issues you experienced here. We will redouble our efforts to make sure we work hard to improve our customer service level for you. We have a heart for hospitality here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Tampa USF Busch Gardens. A review like yours is very rare for me to see. I appreciate the time you took out of your schedule to leave your comments for us. We are only able to get better when we are told where we have fallen short. I look forward to another opportunity for you to return so you can see we have taken to heart your comments and made improvements.
Lancashire England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night as we wanted to do 2 days at Busch Gardens. It was literally round the corner, I stayed here with my hubby and 2 grown up kids and shared a twin room which was spacious and very clean. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, my daughter made use of the hotel's wifi and printer for her college work, there was a shuttle to and from Busch Gardens. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and go back there too. Excellent!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you for your review! We certainly do our very best to make sure each and every guest enjoys their stay with us. Since I started here in August, we have made a million changes to each and every aspect of how we go about making memorable stays for you. We are always looking for ways to make things better and better. We are happy our changes have made an impact on you and your family! The changes will never stop, since we are never satisfied with where we are. We look forward to seeing you in the near future so you can see how much better we will have gotten!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights after disembarking from a ship in Tampa. We planned to extend our vacation and visit Busch Gardens. The hotel was clean and the staff were lovely. Our rooms weren't ready when we arrived, but we were able to store our luggage and head to Busch Gardens. I cannot say enough good things about the driver of the shuttle - Robert. He is prompt, courteous and quite funny. He even plays "Roller Coaster" on the way to the park. He is a treasure! I would recommend this hotel without hesitation!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
I love all the love you all are showing Robert! He and I really appreciate all the wonderful comments! Thank you so much for adding to the resounding approval and "pats on the back" he has been getting.

I think I am just going to start marketing our shuttle driver to get people to stay with us... Our whole team really appreciates all the wonderful comments we are getting. Robert stands out as a memory maker with our guests, which is perfect for our continual goal to be a top 10 hotel in Tampa this year.