Things I liked about this hotel: Great location. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was new and very clean. I could easily walk to Olive Garden, Popeyes, or Red Lobster for dinner. The shuttle service was definitely above average for a Holiday Inn. Robert was extremely friendly and very obviously a people person. He clearly explained when the shuttle would pick up at Busch Gardens in the afternoon as well as provided the number to the hotel in case someone needed to call for an earlier pickup time. He also came in to work an hour earlier than his scheduled time on a Saturday morning to take me to the airport for my return flight. He definitely went above and beyond the call of duty. Service like his makes up for a lot.
Things I found to be issues: The bed was without a doubt the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept on in a hotel. It groaned and creaked every time I moved. I was very obviously sleeping in prior guests' body dents in the mattress which were clearly visible to the eye even before lying down. I could feel the mattress coils even though I am sure there was a pillow topper of some sort. Also, the pillows appeared to have some feathers in the which caused issues with my allergies. I woke up after a couple hours unable to breathe and with a swollen face. Luckily, I always travel with my medications. After the first night, I asked at the front desk if I could have a foam pillow. That pillow never arrived, so the second night, I rolled up my sweater and used it as a pillow. The alarm clock did not have a working volume control nor did the auxiliary jack work. The iron had a broken steam nozzle which prevented it from being able to be used as steam iron. The business center had only one computer and the printer wasn't working. To the credit of the staff, they were nice enough to print my boarding pass for me.
Despite the few issues that I had, I would still recommend this hotel believing that I simply had the bad fortune to receive a dud of a room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa