“Good Nights Sleep and Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #48 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Byron, Illinois
“Good Nights Sleep and Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed here as a stop before going to Legoland in Winter Haven. We were going to go to Busch Gardens but, will save that for next time. Check was easy and even though the gentleman checking me in was interrupted by the phone, he apologized and that worked for me. The room was nice and clean with exception to the bathroom wall, but I can over look it. The wi-fi worked great and we were able to get what we needed from it. We had a 2 queen room and for the 4 of us that was fine. We did not notice any noises from other rooms and hopefully they didn't notice ours.

About 15 minutes after check in the front desk called to see if we needed anything. We did need extra towels and he brought them right up. Great service!

Breakfast was okay, standard fare for a continental. We did enjoy the pancake maker as that was the first we had ever seen. Made fresh pancakes which is nice, no more rubberized pancakes! Who ever invented it is a genius. The rest was well stocked and my youngest as always enjoyed the muffins.

Check out was a breeze as we prepaid online. No problems with things added to our bill. Good hotel for a close place to stay near Busch Gardens and quite for those that want sleep.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

First I think something on this reviews might not be right, I read everywere about the beer at check in but my stay was the weekend of new Years eve, I actually checked in Saturday Dec 31st and I was really hoping for a beer at check in after a loing drive. When we checked and went to room the room was not ready, we checked in around 5:00 PM? There was no towels and we finally got them around 9 pm after we asked several times. The only reason I gave this poor was because the bathroom was clean.

Something I was extremely dissapointed was that there were no real comforter to cover at night, I froze to death both nights. The comforter they use it super thin like a blanket. Also I traveled with little kids and the TV did not have a kids channel on purpose so that you buy a show for a lot of $..... they should at least give us 1 channel to work with. Breakfast was mediocre, no waffle station, they have a pancake maker but they were ok. I read somewere that they have fresh fruit, the only real fruit was green bananas and apples. The eggs are an embarrasment to the hospitality industry, cereals they have 3 options. Pastries were blahh.....What to say I was dissapointed because the hot breakfast was one of the reason I choosed this hotel.
I am really sad to have to write this review because I am really against having to leave a review, this is my second hotel I write from the many I stay but thought I had to give my opinion. My advise to hotel, change the carpets in the rooms, when you work your feet gets stuck and is so sticky all over. So sorry but got one more thing, the reason we booked that suite for $20 more a night was to be able to have a little more space and the microwave so that I can pop pop corn for my kids, well the microwave is soo bad it doesnt pop the pop corn, only 1 kernel out of 30 so imagine what 1 bag disaster.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My family and I just spent a wonderful weekend here at the Holiday Inn. The hotel is decorated in an African theme and appears to be quite new. The pool is kidney shaped and a decent size to have fun in. Although we did not use it because it was too cold outside, it looked nice and clean.

The room is a bit small, but the bed and pillows are extremely comfortable and provides a good night sleep for your day in the park. I liked that you can pick firm or soft pillows. The bathroom is a nice size and it's great the rooms are equipped with microwave ovens and refrigerators.

My only complaint would be with housekeeping. When they cleaned our room, they took all our toiletries provided by the hotel and did not replace them, nor did they replace the empty box of tissues. We had to end up going to the front desk to get a new set of shampoo, conditioner, soap, and hand lotion.

The breakfast provided at the Holiday Inn was excellent as well. The eggs, whether their scrambled one day or in omelettes the next, were delicious! They are accompanied by biscuits and gravy as well as sausage. They offer three types of cereal, coffees, teas, yogurts, milk, chocolate milk, hard-boiled eggs, and of course, their DELICIOUS cinnamon rolls.

We did take the shuttle to the park and the driver was WONDERFUL! A very nice guy who works around the clock and is always a pleasure to talk to. It was nice not having to park and pay for our car and if need be, we could have always walked that long block back.

I would definitely stay here again on my next visit and would recommend to all who visit the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Hello! What a nice review of our property! Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write out all you comments. Please let me first apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when you had to come down to Guest Services to get replacement toiletries. We certainly expect our guests to have what they need right when they need it, and taking a trip down to get supplies is something we want to avoid. I have printed your comments and shared them with our team, and assure you this opportunity to improve will not be missed. Thank you for sharing it with me.

My team in the breakfast area are great cooks! I am very happy you found their service and food as excellent as I do. They work very hard to make sure everyone starts the day full and ready to hit those attractions with a full head of steam. They are truly masters of what they do, and I couldn’t be more proud to have them on my team.

I have in the past few comments to reviews left for me here on Trip Advisor had to reply to the fact that Robert is a fantastic shuttle driver. I feel free to admit, he is the best person I could have possibly brought onto our team for this position. We love him here, and hope he doesn’t get so much publicity that other hotels in the area try to take him away from us!

Thank you again for the recommendation, and we can’t wait for you to come back and stay with us again real soon!
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The location is perfect for a visit to Busch Gardens. It's approximately 1 long block away and the hotel offers shuttle service to the park. Additionally, it's located right next to an Olive Garden. Upon arrival, greeted by pleasant/friendly staff. Our room was directly accross from the elevator (which I don't like), but the noise was minimal. Clean and comfortable room. No sheets for the sofa bed, but the staff brought some up immediately after a phone call. Temp control did not work perfectly on the air conditioning system, but room was nonetheless comfortable. Breakfast was very good...better then the majority of hotels. Would stay here again, although slightly overpriced at $120.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Hello! Thank you very much for taking time out of your schedule to fill out a review of our property! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. You are absolutely right about the L-O-N-G block to get to the park. A long time ago Busch Gardens had a gate closer so you wouldn’t have to walk as far. I was told they took it out because guests were leaving the park to go to the McDonalds across the street. ;-) I have no idea if it is true or not, but it made me smile none the less. Our shuttle service and our new fantastic driver, Robert, make the drive short and sweet. Next time you are ready to come stay with us, please feel free to contact us directly for a reservation. Additionally you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter. We sometimes run specials not available anywhere else on the internet.
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We visited Tampa Bay for the first time in January of 2012, and we are so glad we chose this place to stay. The hotel staff, shuttle bus driver(s), and the breakfast ladies were absolutely AWESOME!!!! The rooms were fabulous, very clean, and it was great to have the little extra sitting area. If you are planning a visit to Busch Gardens I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Hi! Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review! We love getting comments like these, and my team loves it when we post them so they can see how their hard work pays off in making guests happy! We have been working very hard training and coaching so we can reach our goal of being in the top 10 properties in Tampa. If we keep up our pace and keep making our guests as happy as we made you, I am sure we will meet our goal this year! Thank you again, and please – feel free to come back and stay with us again real soon!
greenville, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Helpful and pleasant staff members. King bed with a sofa sleeper for myself, husband and 5 year old. Refrig with top portion freezer--good to have if you have cooler freezer gel packs.
Microwave. Lighting is poor everywhere in the room including bathroom. Note to management--you all could use a lighted makeup mirror for the ladies. I honestly had to check my makeup by the elevators and glad I did on 2 occasions because the lighting was so bad I had to do some adjusting. Our biggest issue was that we had issues with the wall cooling/heating unit. The first night we woke up to a hot room when it was set to 69 degrees. Called and had to switch rooms for the night but when we came back to our original room the next morning the room was back to being cool. A gal came up to check our unit and could see some freezing up and said they have to change these units out all the time. We decided to stay in our original room because it was just a pain to repack and unpack again. We still had issues with that unit but just dealt with it 2 more nights. Annoying because when we stayed at another hotel later on in our trip to Legoland we had same units they had for air/heat and had no problems. Oh well, learn from us, guess check your air conditioner before you unpack and ask for another room if available. Good breakfast--trays available for you to bring up food to your rooms which was appreciated. Robert, was the shuttle driver and he was awesome!!! He was available to pick you up at Busch gardens whenever you needed him too. Just remember to take the hotel's phone number with you for easy access.
We would stay here again even with all our issues with the cooling unit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Please let me begin with a heartfelt apology for the issues you experienced during your stay with the Air Conditioner in your room. Please let me assure you we aggressively troubleshoot issues such as this when we become aware of them. We strive to make sure each and every guest staying with us has a great stay, and I take it personally when you experience an issue that prevents that. We are here to serve and make you happy, and I sincerely apologize that we missed the mark during your visit.

As I mentioned in a previous response to a guest review, we are thrilled Robert has joined our team. His level of customer service is ELITE and second to none. He was a great addition to our team, and we are looking to him to resolve some of the comments from our guests on how to improve our shuttle service. The addition of our park and cruise package seems to be a big hit with guests that are staying with us, so we look to continue this service for as long as possible.

We are happy you will be coming back to see us soon! Please feel free to look me up when you return. I would love to put a face with the name.
Montvale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed overnight Dec 18-19 before our RCCL cruise out of Tampa. The room was clean and spacious, the staff was very helpful (esp. Bobby, the new shuttle driver!) and the breakfast was yummy! We left our van there while we were on the cruise for 5 nights. No problems. Just called Bobby and he promptly picked us up at the port. No extra charge for the shuttle! Great service!

Room Tip: We did not use the restaurant.