Our family - myself, wife, and five year old - stayed at this hotel for three days in late July while visiting Busch Gardens, Adventure Island water park and MOSI museum. The hotel is located very close to all of these; we could clearly see riders on the Busch Gardens rollercoasters from our room. This is a newer hotel than most in this area and has nice amenities- interior hallway entry into room, granite counters, microwave/minifridge in room, LCD TV, free wireless internet. The room price reflected the above - somewhat higher than others nearby but not exorbitant. Good variety of nearby restaurants. Very little road noise though the hotel is close to Busch Blvd, and very little noticeable noise from inside the hotel either - rooms seem well insulated.
Staff was friendly and helpful though they seemed a little overwhelmed given the heavy use the hotel gets from families with teenagers and children - front desk didn't always have someone there and the elevator floors got pretty scuzzy at times. It was also hard, virtually impossible at peak times, to find baggage carts to haul stuff to/from car. We finally just hauled it up ourselves in a few trips. The free breakfast was also nice though far from extravagant. Breakfast food is pretty limited and the staff struggled to keep up with the heavy demand - there was often a wait for some items if not the tables/chairs themselves. The only issue I had with our room was a rattle in the A/C which was annoying. I could have called it in but just stuffed some thick paper between the grill and main unit that helped reduce the rattle.
All in all we enjoyed our stay and would return here in the future. Some problems but relatively minor and mostly related to the high use this hotel gets. At least we didn't have to wait 30+ minutes in a line as we got used to doing at the parks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Low Cost Holidays, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, IHG and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa