Stayed here July 9-10 11, 2011 What a great location but disappointing hotel because of management. Let me be very honest this could be a great review but because of lack of management I have to write this. We had reservations 6 weeks in advance and were flying into Tampa for two nights before going on a cruise on Carnival out of Tampa. We flew into Tampa from New Orleans on Saturday morning and were also meeting friends at the hotel that were flying from another city. We all arrived at hotel about 11:30 and were told rooms were not ready. I'm also a priority rewards member for over 10 years and stay at Holiday inns about 35 nights a year. When our rooms were not ready we walked next door to Red Lobster for lunch no problem a lot of restaurants close by you can walk to. Now we came back and had to wait until 3:45 for our room to be ready. It gets better we went upstairs and our friends we were waiting with were told their room would be ready in about 15 minutes so we went to our room. Over a hour and half later they got their room around 5:30 and they also had reservations about 6 weeks in advance. Saturday was shot so we chilled and thought we will get up Sunday and eat then head over to Busch Gardens for the day. The breakfast at the hotel was crazy. It is set up wrong period and its design so unorganized. People tripping over each other attempting to get to different parts of the breakfast bar because it's so mixed up and eating tables so tight you cannot walk through them when people are sitting at them. It may seem trivial but they were out of everything and very slow and had to be asked for everything. No orange juice, no plates, no milk, out of yogurt etc. you get the picture. One lady over seeing everything in kitchen and eating area at peak time by her self and she was so slow most people could have worked circles around her. The girl at the front desk who manages in the morning/day should be fired she has no people skills or training and no help at all. Rules are 3:00 check in period whether a room is ready earlier or not. The hotel is not clean like a new Holiday Inn Express should be and it starts with the over flowing garbage cans at the entrance and dirty smoking area at the entrance. Now the hotel has a shuttle that runs about three hours a day and sits idle in parking lot for 21 hours a day. Does this make since? They will carry you to Busch Gardens gate 9-10:30 and pick you up 4-5:30. No airport or cruise ship shuttle. I even offered to pay like a taxi fee but it was refused. Why you are a resort entrance hotel that has a van that does nothing 21 hours a day. We did use shuttle to BG on Sunday morning but returned in a taxi after 6 because the shuttle doesn't work after 5:30. It was only a 4.00 fee for 7 people. We checked out on Monday and went on a cruise. This could be a wonderful hotel but because of lack of over-site and management I give it barely two stars and on the same level as a Days Inn that's next door or Super Eight. It could be four stars but with out a change in management this hotel will look 25 years old in under three years. Hope this helps some one traveling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa