“Quiet and relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
nfm
“Quiet and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was surprised to find a nice room facing the water. The color lights which lit the water way at night was a pleasant surprise The balcony was a great place to relax while having my breakfast. The extra for room service was well worth the money. I 275 was close so you could go to a lot of attractions or St Pete. If going to airport remember to go south I 275. Staff was friendly my waiter was very helpful, recommend the salmon. Sometime the little extras make the difference, I am not a big soap person prefer the gels but the mandarin and mint soap was great. I have stayed at many hotels but the big fluffy pillows and bed was excellent.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get the water view it will make the trip
Green Features: The light blubs were energy efficient and they recycle
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Greetings Merceede,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your recent visit. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We're delighted to hear that our culinary staff and your waiter in particular made such a great impression. We agree that it's the little touches that make guest experiences memorable. We're also glad to hear you found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed to be comfortable. We hope you'll consider us again the next time your travels bring you to Tampa.

633 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights 5 years ago. I loved it then. So, when I took my family to Tampa a week ago, I didn't think to book anywhere else, and recommended it to a few friends that traveled with us.

When we arrived, I was told to wait a minute for some help with our bags. Help never came. I loaded our bags onto a baggage cart. Whatever, not a big deal. As I pushed it into the lobby though, I was told by the valet that I could borrow it but needed to bring it back to the lobby. Okay.

In the room, 3 of the 4 pillows had hair on them, so did the bed sheets. Had to ask that they be changed.

The balcony door faced the city and didn't close all the way. The room was humid and the downtown traffic woke me up at least 3 times.

The breakfast was underwhelming. And was ultimately free as a result of the sheets.

That gesture was enough to keep me from writing a bad review. After all, things happen.

But this afternoon I realized the hotel charged me the full price of the room twice AND a third charge of $44 (the cost of the breakfast).

Their accounting office is closed till Monday so no one could help me until then.

Personally, if I leave a hotel I don't want to worry about checking my bank account to make sure they haven't ripped me off. This is more annoying than any of the inconveniences, large or small, that we experienced while there.

I will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Greetings RARECES,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your recent stay. We're extremely sorry to hear that your stay was such a disappointment. We'd be very interested in speaking with you directly to get more specifics about the dates and times of the interactions with our staff members so we can properly address these concerns with those associates. Please contact our general manager, Joe Jennings at the hotel directly at your earliest convenience to discuss this and to ensure we get the matter of the charge rectified immediately.
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Location is probably the best in Tampa besides Waterside Marriott.
Great views! Really liked the open lobby business center/computer area. Workout room was pretty good.
The Pool is right next to the River. Great area to hang out.
Their in house restaurant Ashley Grille is good with very friendly staff. Front Dest staff was the star of this hotel though. They were all incredibly helpful and pleasant. Honestly you couldn't get through the lobby without some staff member saying hello or asking if you needed anything.

Negatives: Hotel is very run down and it's noticeable. Carpets, furniture, linens in rooms really worn. TV in our room went in and out. Going from the public areas to the room was disappointing. The biggest disappoinment for me was the valet staff. It's valet only so you have to use them no matter what. Our initial arrival to the hotel is not what I'm used to when traveling. We pulled up and 2 valet's looked like they were talking with a taxi driver and could not be bothered. We sat there looking at them and I finally had to ask if they could help us with the check in process. Their response to me was "Yeah we'll get ya, you should have said something sooner" Really? A couple times when arriving back to the hotel early evening no valet staff could be found. I once sent my wife upstairs to the room while I waited to hand over our keys. When one finally came out he told me to wait for him to get back from getting a car for a guest waiting to leave (who had been standing there with me for over 5 minutes as well). He could not have just taken my keys with him and let me go upstairs? I just left my keys on his desk hoping someone random would not take them. On another note, these guys NEVER opened the door for my wife. I actually walked back around the car twice to do it myself while the valet staff stared at me doing it.

Overall the hotel is good.
Just needs renovation and a staff change in one area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings MiamiLawman,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit. We're thrilled to hear that you find our location, amenities, and staff to be amongst the best available amongst hotel options in Tampa. We appreciate your endorsement.

We're extremely dissapointed to hear about your experience with our valet staff. We tend to get very positive feedback from our guests regarding our valet team and are very interested in learning more about the specifics of your encounters so we can address this with the staff members in question directly. Please contact our General Manager, Joe Jennings at the hotel directly at your earliest convenience.

We're happy to share that we are about to being a capital intensive renovation and building project to address the dated condition of some of our guest rooms. They will each be refreshed by the end of this year so that all of our guest rooms will have a more modern look and feel. We hope you'll be able to come back after this project is completed so you can share your impressions about the changes.
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I enjoyed my ten days in the Riverwalk. The staff was friendly, the service quick. I enjoyed the fact that our housekeeper, for most of the stay, really made me, and my classmates, feel extra special! When I called the front desk, they would immediately look into the matter. I ate my dinner a few times in the restaurant/lounge, could watch all the activity along the river. All in all, I felt as if I was in a swanky(high-end) bed and breakfast. Wonderful, and I can't wait for next term!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Hello Kay W,

Thank you for spending the ten days with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and are pleased to hear that the friendly service from your room attendant made you and your classmates feel extra special. We look forward to having you and your classmates as our guests again soon.
Santa Clarita, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was in town for a convention so I choose the Sheraton Riverwalk. Great downtown location. My room was just fine, right down the street was a art festival within walking distance. The pool was nice, and the views of the river were nice especially at night. I was able to walk to several restaurants in the area.When it came time to go to the Tampa Convention Center, I choose a "Water Taxi" This was cool ! They picked me up right at the hotel, cruised me up the river and right to the front steps of the convention center. During the day I had made friends with the taxi captain, so he took me with him to pick up fares all up and down the river. We had a blast !!! All in all my stay was very memorable. I would go back again.
John Ellis

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Greetings John,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay and for taking a few minutes to tell us about your experience. We feel that we are a convenient option for guests attending events at the Tampa Convention Center and are glad to hear you feel the same way. It's great to hear that you conected with Captain Larry with Tampa Water Taxi. Our city is beautiful by land but it's breathtaking by water. We hope to see you again soon.
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

First, the staff if fine. Courteous eager to help and generally smiling. The location is perfect, the views from the rooms (especially riverside) are terrific. Having had two extended stays in the past year, I see the continuing wear on the hotels plant and no signs that conditions are being addressed. The furniture is worn (headboard carries scars from many nights of guests doing what guest do), the fixtures are dated, The porches are need of paint.
I would note that the waffle iron in the top floor lounge war out and the remainder of my stay was an endless dish of "scrambled (aka powdered) eggs and not so crispy bacon. From the constant activity, meetings, and arrivals, one can assume the property is profitable. I would hope plans to refurbish are on the agenda for the next board meeting.

Room Tip: get riverside....
Green Features: the hotel seems very conscious of ecology;. Recycle bins in rooms, option to skip house cleaning and receive $5 food credit....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Jimgus,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your loyalty and your willngness to share feedback about your stays. We're glad you found our staff to be courteous and helpful, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I am excited to share that we will be starting a capital intensive renovation and building project later this summer. This will include updates to all our guest rooms, public spaces, and meeting spaces. We hope you'l stay with us again after this project is completed and that you'll share your feedback on the refreshed Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk then.

Been to Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel? Share your experiences!