“Great front desk staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #70 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Illinois
“Great front desk staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I was recently in Tampa for a conference and stayed at the Sheraton Riverwalk. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They were always smiling which was great. Had great suggestions for dinner. The river view from my room balcony was beautiful. The bed was very comfortable. My stay at the Sheraton Riverwalk would have been great instead of just good if the food was better and the housekeeping was better. The 1st night they did not even make my bed. The second night there were no hand towels, and the 3rd was no bottled water. The food was average and for the price they charged I thought it should have been better. I had the breakfast buffet 1 morning which was dissapointing, then ordered room service for breakfast another day which was ok. However, the staff at the restaurant was great.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
crystalrivera, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Greetings hharleysrule ! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our hotel. We are proud to hear that you truly enjoyed the service provided by our front desk and staff. We pride ourselves in delivering exceptional service each and every day. We have looked into the housekeeping issues mentioned and made corrective actions as necessary. Please know this is not the norm for our property and we would love it if you give us another shot during your next convention visit. Thank you again for taking the time to submit your review and for being a valued guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Our stay at the Sheraton Riverwalk was a perfect 10  All the Sheraton staff were courteous and helpful and the bed was divinely comfortable! Location is great, too!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello Diane! We appreciate your feedback about your past stay. It's great to hear that you had a wonderful experience all around. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel over 6 weeks and the staff has made my stay extremely comfortable. The location of the hotel is close to good restaurants, bars, a grocery store, and the bay if you want to go on a jog. The staff is quick to respond to any problems that you might have with your room, which keeps me coming back. A few updates are needed to the hotel but I have been assured that they are coming soon. I have stayed at most of the hotels in downtown Tampa and they also have the best Valet service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Greetings Tyler! It was very refreshing to read your review and hear about the excellent service you have experienced the past 6 weeks at our hotel. As you mentioned, the hotel is conveniently located near restaurants, bars, grocery store and an exercise trail all within walking distance but we also have a courtesy shuttle available for transportation within 3 miles of the hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Riverwalk. The service was very nice and my room was very clean. The bed was also comfy and the view was nice. Also conveniently located in Downtown Tampa.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hello HC1797! Thank you for your recent feedback about our hotel. It's great to hear that you truly enjoyed our property and most importantly our rooms and "comfy" beds. We hope to see you again soon!
Delray Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husban and I stayed here 9/16-9/18 and we honestly can't say enough goods things about this hotel. It was very easy to find and the valet, Marcus, was excellent! Checking in was a breeze and Suzett at the front desk was very friendly and quick and also gave us complimentary access to the club lounge which had daily breakfast (not just a cheap breakfast either) and cocktail hour each evening which we took full advantage of. Ryan in the club lounge was super friendly and helped us in deciding on what club to go to Saturday night. Thanks Ryan! He also gave us some background on the dragon races and upcoming additions to the boardwalk that will connect with Channelside. Sounds like it's going to be beautiful once it's completed. As for the room, way above our expectations, not that I expect anything bad at all from this hotel brand. Our room smelled good, everything was clean and very spacious. The balcony had a great view of the water and the sunsets were beautiful. The bed! Oh gosh, I LOVE their beds! It's basically the selling point for me in chosing this hotel brand. The variety of channels offered were excellent as well. (we love watching tv at night) We did use the shuttle to go to Channelside for a Segway Tour (another review with details) and it was a little late picking us up but nothing bad enough where I'd deduct any points for. Ron, our driver, was very friendly as well.
Overall, we had an excellent stay here and would definitely return again when we come next year. Tampa has become our yearly trip for my husband's birthday :)

Room Tip: Definitely get the riverside rooms, the view is beautiful and worth the extra $.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Greetings travelmates120! It was great to read your post about your past stay with us. As you mentioned, our entire team from valet to front desk to the restaurant are all consistent with providing exceptional service. We are glad to hear that the rooms were above your expectations being very clean, smelling good and spacious. Most importantly, the bed was as comfortable as you would expect from a Sheraton. We appreciate your feedback and can't wait to see you again for your husband's next birthday celebration in Tampa!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I say another job well done because I am on my second month of staying at this property. The staff is very professional and smiles each time I see them. That goes so very far!! While it is an older hotel, it does have updated televisions and radios. I would stay here rather than the Westin Harbour Island...

Room Tip: Try to grab a view of the river...good sunrises and sunsets.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
crystalrivera, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Good Day Justin! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our hotel. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us- especially since you are visiting Tampa quite often. We can only imagine how hard it must be to be away from home on a weekly basis, which is why we thrive to make each and every one of our guests feel like that have a home with us. We love having you and look forward to seeing you again soon.
vienna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

on 2nd of July we stayed one night in the Sheraton. After a travel of 15 hours from Vienna (Austria´) we sure needed urgently a bed. But upon arrival they told us - although we have booked the room 2 month in advance - that a guest wnated to stay longer and they gave him our room. Normally we are very flexible but this was the night before the 50th birthday of my husband - which the hotel knew - and I for that I ordered a nice big room with a view to the river. Well we got a small one to the street ... The breakfast was good and enough and the waiter very nice. ´We had a shuttle to our cruise ship ( had to wait nearly an hour for the shuttle...) After the cruise we stayed in Mariott, which I would recommend much more!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Greetings dagmarChristine! I would like to take this time to thank you for submitting a review on our property. Please know that although your reservation was booked 2 months prior, the check in time of 3pm remains the same regardless of time of booking. In an effort to please our guests and provide exceptional service, we make every attempt to assist with any early check in request. Unfortunately, the day you were checking in that was not a possible. I do understand that our staff tried their very best to assist and were able to get you in by our 3pm check in time. I am very glad to hear that once you were checked in that you were able to enjoy our Ashley Street Grille Restaurant. The staff and food there is AMAZING! Hopefully on your next trip to Tampa you will give us another try to show you why so many frequent cruise travelers visit us when sailing from Tampa.

Been to Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel? Share your experiences!