“Convenient to downtown business and a great place to relax in the evening!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #69 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Convenient to downtown business and a great place to relax in the evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk is one of my favorite hotels. It's a great downtown location convenient to my business. The hotel staff members are excellent, and I love to watch the sunset from my room overlooking the river and the University of Tampa!

Room Tip: The rooms are quieter on the river side.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
crivera01, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Hello Mark! Thank you for your 5 star rating on our hotel. We are excited to hear that we are your favorite hotel in Downtown Tampa! Our staff prides themselves with the exceptional service we deliver day in and day out. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon. :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have stayed at the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk several times and have always had a positive experience. The location is in the heart of downtown Tampa close to everything. The service is excellent and rooms are spacious and very accommodating. I would not hesitate to recommend this property.

Room Tip: Riverview rooms have a beautiful view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
crivera01, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Greetings SER57! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our hotel. As you mentioned, our hotel is conveniently located in Downtown Tampa close to many restaurants, movie theatre, the aquarium, museums, etc. We also offer a courtesy shuttle that can transport you to any of those destinations and many more places within 3 miles of the hotel. Our rooms are very spacious- especially in comparison to our competitors- not to mention very accomodating. We are glad that you have had several positive experiences at our property and can't wait to see you again!
Keystone Heights, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

During two recent stays at the Riverwalk because of surgery at Tampa General Hospital, we found the entire staff to be SUPERIOR. From the Valet parking and shuttle service to the Desk Managers, we were treated with compassion and genuine interest in our comfort. This is an excellent hotel. Also, the room was comfortable and clean.

We were provided with a special room rate because of our stay at Tampa General Hospital and the staff provided a refrigerator in our room to contain the medications we needed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
crivera01, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Greetings Ruthann70! We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the sincere/genuine/superb staff we have. We understand how hard it is to be traveling away from home to visit a hospital and so we do everything in our power to make your stay as smooth, relaxing and comfortable as possible. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and thank you for staying with us on both visits to Tampa. P.S. We hope everything has turned out for the best from the hospital visits.
orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I am a regular traveler to Tampa and would not consider staying anywhere else. The location is superb, and whether you're facing the city or the river, you'll see beautiful views of Tampa. The beds are comfy and the rooms are kept clean--just like mama would do. From the valet guys to the front desk folks, everybody that works at the hotel is friendly and deeply concerned with your experience. If I have to spend so much time away from home, I'm glad that there are places like Sheraton Riverwalk and people like Matt, Joe, Suzette, Crystal, and Katie (and lots more) to make feel like part of a family.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hello Jason!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our property. As you mentioned, our team are very personal and are sure to make our guests feel like they are part of our family...especially those, like yourself, who are here every week. We can only imagine how hard it is to be away from home that often, which is why we not only welcome, but also connect with all our guests. Not to mention, our hotel is conveniently located in Downtown Tampa along the Hillsborough River offering great riverside rooms or even great views of the city. We appreciate your kind words and your choice to stay with us each and every time in Tampa. Thank you again and see you soon! :)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We had never been to Tampa before, and was in town on Saturday, April 16, for a concert at the St. Pete Times Forum (only a couple minute walk from the Hotel). Fortunately for us, a friend recommended that we stay at the Riverwalk Sheraton. The staff was extremely friendly and gave us excellent recommendations for day-time activities. They were also very helpful at giving us directions to guide us around downtown Tampa. Thanks to their help, we had no problem finding our way to and back from the concert, or ordering a late-night dinner from a local pizza place.

The room overlooked the river and was fantastic, and all of the facilities exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
crivera01, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Greetings socrates04mu! Thank you so much for your recent review on our hotel. As you mentioned, the hotel is conveniently located close to the St Pete Times Forum which is close enough for an easy walk or our complimentary shuttle can take you to the Forum and back to the hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the superb customer service. We strive to deliver a great experience for each and one of our guests. We hope you enjoyed the concert as much as you did our hotel and hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

My colleagues and I have spent over half of the year in Tampa, FL. We jumped around from one hotel to another until we stumbled upon the Sheraton Riverwalk. Here we found the service to be unbelievable. Joe at the front desk would always take of us at check in time, Natasha in the club room remembered us and our favorite items, and Crystal welcomed us to her hotel with open arms. I have never experienced a trips where the whole hotel staff looked after my group's needs week after week. Most of us enjoyed staying at the hotel so much that we would stay on the weekends instead of flying home and invite our significant others to join us. When I mentioned that my fiance was joining me for a weekend, the folks at the Sheraton went out of their way to make my weekend special. The service at the Sheraton made not being home for weeks at a time more bearable.

Room Tip: Get a riverview room for a great balcony and view
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
crivera01, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Hello Arpi!!! Thank you so much for your recent review on our hotel and team members. We all enjoyed having your colleagues and yourself stay at our hotel. We can only imagine how hard it would be away from home for so long, which is why we welcome our guests to our hotel as their home away from home. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and would love to see you again when you are in town. Many Thanks and We Miss You!!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

What a great hotel in the Sheraton line of hotels. It has been a few years since I had traveled to Tampa, Florida for business or pleasure, but this trip just happened to be a last minute one for work.

The hotel is very easy to find being just a short drive off of I-275 in the downtown area of Tampa, and just 4 miles from the regional office of Ricoh/IKON I was traveling to for meetings. Upon arrival I was greeted by the valet and offered to assist with my bags, I declined since it was just a small carry-on and laptop, besides I am more than capable of carrying my bags. No problems with checking in, the front desk staff was very warm and inviting. The lobby of the hotel appears to have updated recently with fresh paint, seating and lighting, I nearly felt like I had walked into a Westin than just a regular Sheraton property. Very impressive.

Being I am a SPG Preferred Member, I was upgraded to a Riverfront room with a great balcony looking out onto the University of Tampa. I was also provided access to the Club Lounge which had a public printer and PC to use, but very rarely do I need to print while traveling, but good thing to know. The evening cocktails and food for SPG club access was better than expected, very good selection of hot and cold items and the wine and beer selections were better than most lounges.

The room was very comfortable and clean, Sheraton Suite Sleeper bed and comforter made me feel as if I was in my own bed at home. The room was extremely quiet and I slept well through the night. I read others comments that the rooms had the odor of mold or mildew, I can tell you this, there was nothing of the sort.

In the morning in the club lounge was a nice continental breakfast with scrambled eggs, toast, rashers and bangers (bacon and sausage), fresh old fashioned Irish Steel Cut Oatmeal (my favorite) and a selction of cold cereals and milk, juice, Starbucks Coffee and a rather expansive fresh fruit tray including melon, canteloupe, pineapple, grapes and strawberries. All which were great with the oatmeal.

All in all, I have found my new business hotel for when visiting the Tampa offices. Great value for the price, nice pool and fitness center too, was not expecting those things to be so nice, so there was no getting away from missing the gym for a few nights.

I read several reviews on Trip Advisor bashing the hotel for one reason or another, but I cannot see why. There were no strange smells, no excessive noise, fantastic staff and most of all a clean comfortable room. The General Manager Tom was a great host and very professional, Sheraton should be very proud to have this hotel as part of their family of properties.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that ends in an odd #.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Greetings SPG-DL-Traveler!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write your recent review on the hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and was able to enjoy the many amenities that our hotel has to offer. We pride ourselves with delivering great customer service and are glad that you were able to experience that first hand, especially with our General Manager, Tom. It's rewarding to hear that you have declared us your new Tampa hotel moving forward. Please feel free to contact Crystal Rivera at 813.226.4427 to inquire on setting up a corporate rate for your company. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.