“Nice place to stay for business” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #79 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Gainesville, Florida
“Nice place to stay for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights mid October for business. I arrived a little after 4pm. I was familiar with the area, but the hotel is very easy to find right off the highway, but not close enough you hear or see it. I was able to check in immediately. I stayed on a government rate and needed to be billed tax exempt. The front desk had no problems getting everything taken care of within a few minutes. The room was nice. I had a king sized bed, pullout sofa, chair, desk and desk chair and mini bar with a sink, fridge and microwave in addition to the normal things you find in a hotel. Overall I felt the room was clean and comfortable for the amount of time I actually spend in the room. I did find it rather bland and poorly decorated, but overall that didn't impact my stay. From the hallway I could hear the TVs in the rooms if they were on, but in my room I could not hear my neighbor's room at all. Breakfast wasn't bad. It was simple and consisted of waffles, eggs, sausage, and assortment of breads with toasters, coffee, juice, cereals, fruits, etc. Overall, I would stay here again as it was well located and made it easy to get around, although Brandon as a whole is not easy to navigate during peak travel times.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ocoee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I got a damp smelling room, old TV, real bad mattress,o k breakfast, real bad in room decor, I think they host all kinds of business groups etc so not very family oriented. if they run out of hotels in the area then may be this is an o k choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our family can't ask for better. From the moment you walk in and are greeted by front desk, you get the feeling of home. Elizabeth at the front desk is the epitome of a hostess. She went out of her way to help us with my family especially with my son's accessibility needs since he recently had surgery. She noticed right away and did everything possible to accommodate his and our needs. She even had housekeeping (which are so nice & helpful as well) to get our room ready quickly so that my son could rest his leg. It's like having a family member helping you throughout your entire stay. Can't thank her enough!!! The breakfast bar ladies are beyond friendly and are quick to help in whatever way they can. They keep that area so clean and stocked even during the busiest time. We recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to feel at home. It's FRIENDLY, CLEAN and COMFORTABLE!!!! We are only staying here from now on when in the Brandon.Tampa area. No other place like it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Plantation, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went to this hotel for business travel for one night. I was not expecting much. The room was clean with two double beds and the room was fine for an overnight. What really surprised me were the extras I'm used to paying for. There is free wifi and when I asked for late check out they offered 2pm!! Thats unheard of. Also the free breakfast was great. You could make your own waffles, and they had fresh fruit. I was expecting box cereal and maybe a bagel. Let's not forget free happy hour. Lastly, the staff was very accomodating and nice. This was my first time staying at this chain, and I would definitely do so again. If your expecting luxury this isn't it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Plantsville, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a visit to my family in the area and to look into homes in the vicinity. The hotel and our room was clean and well maintained. We did think the layout of the room was a little awkward, but it worked. The free breakfast in the morning was skimpier than others we have had, but was a good value. We would stay here on future visits.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here on the 3 of September for one night on my government rate. I'm a government employee so I stay at many 3 to 5 star hotels. This was the worst experience I ever had at any hotel I've visited. I was rushing to catch a flight so I left at 9:30 REMIND YOU check out time is at 11AM. So I gathered all my things thinking I had gathered all of my belongings I notice from the airport I had left my 100$ bottle of Gucci guilty cologne and a Gucci business card carrier. Call the hotel from airport got the run around just to speak to the housekeeping manager. was told they will contact me back after they look for my items. REMIND YOU I left it right on the desk in the room. Housekeeping stole my belongings. STAY AWAY FROM HERE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP WHAT YOU OWN BECAUSE IM PRETTY SURE THEY TAKE FROM ROOMS ALSO. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED OTHER THAN THAT GREAT HOTEL.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Riverview, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This location is one of the new Marriott's is this area. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. Easy access to near by Brandon which has plenty of eateries. Will definitely stay here again the next time i'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!