“A nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Plantsville, Connecticut
“A nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a visit to my family in the area and to look into homes in the vicinity. The hotel and our room was clean and well maintained. We did think the layout of the room was a little awkward, but it worked. The free breakfast in the morning was skimpier than others we have had, but was a good value. We would stay here on future visits.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here on the 3 of September for one night on my government rate. I'm a government employee so I stay at many 3 to 5 star hotels. This was the worst experience I ever had at any hotel I've visited. I was rushing to catch a flight so I left at 9:30 REMIND YOU check out time is at 11AM. So I gathered all my things thinking I had gathered all of my belongings I notice from the airport I had left my 100$ bottle of Gucci guilty cologne and a Gucci business card carrier. Call the hotel from airport got the run around just to speak to the housekeeping manager. was told they will contact me back after they look for my items. REMIND YOU I left it right on the desk in the room. Housekeeping stole my belongings. STAY AWAY FROM HERE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP WHAT YOU OWN BECAUSE IM PRETTY SURE THEY TAKE FROM ROOMS ALSO. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED OTHER THAN THAT GREAT HOTEL.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Apollo Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This location is one of the new Marriott's is this area. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. Easy access to near by Brandon which has plenty of eateries. Will definitely stay here again the next time i'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NY metro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had several consecutive reservations due to redeeming certificates. I called ahead of time and spoke to someone at the hotel and asked that they make sure it's noted. Upon checkin, I did the same.

After the second night's stay they called me, and left a message about me checking out and not understanding why all my stuff was still in the room. They asked me to call back. I didn't get the message since they called my home which is miles away. DUH. I came back in the evening and my key didn't work. I go to the desk only to be told they checked me out due to their confusion.

All I can say it, I am Marriott Elite for over a dozen years but this hotel doesn't deserve Marriott status for lack of training/service. VERY poor communication and troubleshooting. They didn't even look in the reservations to see if I had more nights prior to traipsing into the room and looking at all my stuff, then calling me.

I left early to stay at a different hotel. I would not recommend this hotel lack of service and staff communication. Hotel elevator was extremely slow, breakfast was average, room was standard Springhill Suites. Nothing special, standard.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, we had a large group of 10 and reserved 3 rooms. The room layout was very strange. Bathroom sink was outside of the actual bathroom. So you will disturb everyone sleeping if you happen to need to wash your hands, turn on the lights,etc. The next morning everyone got up and we compared notes. All of the room layouts were like that. Also the beds face a wall. 1 TV that swiveled between living room and bedroom. No one could sleep due to the very hard beds. We checked out and went across the street where the beds were softer and the bathroom area had a seperate door and we actually had 2 TV's.

Room Tip: Out of 3 rooms they were all the same. I am not sure if they have any other rooms with a door that...
East Coast of Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Family trip to Tampa area, the hotel could not have been better. The staff was top notch. Every staff person had a smile on their face and was ready to help in anyway possible.
After booking the reservations at the Marriott site, for 2 rooms a handicap room for parents and one for myself. I called the hotel the next day , spoke with Alex and asked if we could get rooms fairly close. She gave us connecting rooms which worked out great.
The suites were huge, even the normal room, lots of room to spread out.With 2 adults and 1 child in each room no one was crowded. Everything was clean and in excellent shape. Microwave, fridge. The glasses now come wraped in plastic which was a nice touch I thought.
Free newspapers at front desk and breakfest was good and nice variety.
When we travel back to the area, this will definitely be our homebase.
If going to the casino, yes it is a little further and no does not have free shuttle BUT, it took 5 min to get there and the price was $60 cheaper then hotels closer to casino with AAA rate,
Lots of places to eat close by(2 min) and mall.
Thanks for a great stay.

bham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed 2 nights during the 4th of July weekend. This hotel has modern decor in the lobby area and in the rooms. Nice outdoor pool and hot tub. Small fitness room- but plenty of equipment for a good workout. The rooms (we had 2 rented) had a seating area that consisted of a small sofa and chair. The sofa pulled out to make a small bed. Bedding was soft and comfortable mattresses on all beds. Bathrooms were very clean. The staff was very helpful and polite. Location was convenient to all Tampa area attractions and beaches. Brandon has its fair share of restaurants and shopping itself.

Room Tip: Nice breakfast. Plenty of variety for everyone in our group.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!