“Newer location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Riverview, Florida, United States
“Newer location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This location is one of the new Marriott's is this area. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. Easy access to near by Brandon which has plenty of eateries. Will definitely stay here again the next time i'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
NY metro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had several consecutive reservations due to redeeming certificates. I called ahead of time and spoke to someone at the hotel and asked that they make sure it's noted. Upon checkin, I did the same.

After the second night's stay they called me, and left a message about me checking out and not understanding why all my stuff was still in the room. They asked me to call back. I didn't get the message since they called my home which is miles away. DUH. I came back in the evening and my key didn't work. I go to the desk only to be told they checked me out due to their confusion.

All I can say it, I am Marriott Elite for over a dozen years but this hotel doesn't deserve Marriott status for lack of training/service. VERY poor communication and troubleshooting. They didn't even look in the reservations to see if I had more nights prior to traipsing into the room and looking at all my stuff, then calling me.

I left early to stay at a different hotel. I would not recommend this hotel lack of service and staff communication. Hotel elevator was extremely slow, breakfast was average, room was standard Springhill Suites. Nothing special, standard.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, we had a large group of 10 and reserved 3 rooms. The room layout was very strange. Bathroom sink was outside of the actual bathroom. So you will disturb everyone sleeping if you happen to need to wash your hands, turn on the lights,etc. The next morning everyone got up and we compared notes. All of the room layouts were like that. Also the beds face a wall. 1 TV that swiveled between living room and bedroom. No one could sleep due to the very hard beds. We checked out and went across the street where the beds were softer and the bathroom area had a seperate door and we actually had 2 TV's.

Room Tip: Out of 3 rooms they were all the same. I am not sure if they have any other rooms with a door that...
East Coast of Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Family trip to Tampa area, the hotel could not have been better. The staff was top notch. Every staff person had a smile on their face and was ready to help in anyway possible.
After booking the reservations at the Marriott site, for 2 rooms a handicap room for parents and one for myself. I called the hotel the next day , spoke with Alex and asked if we could get rooms fairly close. She gave us connecting rooms which worked out great.
The suites were huge, even the normal room, lots of room to spread out.With 2 adults and 1 child in each room no one was crowded. Everything was clean and in excellent shape. Microwave, fridge. The glasses now come wraped in plastic which was a nice touch I thought.
Free newspapers at front desk and breakfest was good and nice variety.
When we travel back to the area, this will definitely be our homebase.
If going to the casino, yes it is a little further and no does not have free shuttle BUT, it took 5 min to get there and the price was $60 cheaper then hotels closer to casino with AAA rate,
Lots of places to eat close by(2 min) and mall.
Thanks for a great stay.

bham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed 2 nights during the 4th of July weekend. This hotel has modern decor in the lobby area and in the rooms. Nice outdoor pool and hot tub. Small fitness room- but plenty of equipment for a good workout. The rooms (we had 2 rented) had a seating area that consisted of a small sofa and chair. The sofa pulled out to make a small bed. Bedding was soft and comfortable mattresses on all beds. Bathrooms were very clean. The staff was very helpful and polite. Location was convenient to all Tampa area attractions and beaches. Brandon has its fair share of restaurants and shopping itself.

Room Tip: Nice breakfast. Plenty of variety for everyone in our group.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm a meeting planner for a large organization and I would return here over and over again. A volunteer secured hotel rooms at a competing nearby hotel that did not meet our minimum standards (safety, cleanliness, service) but thankfully we located this "home away from home". The front desk staff was so understanding of the dilema (five families each with children needing a hotel for a week with a shortage of rooms in the area due to a large sporting event) and quickly accommodated everyone, first settling the families into rooms and then handing the business details (room list, tax exemption and payment) with me over the phone. Reviews from the families were outstanding, "spacious room", "great breakfast", "very convenient location" and best of all it was reasonably priced. The personal service from the staff will be the one thing most memorable, I called early the next morning to make sure all the details were in place and the front desk associate who handled everything Sunday evening was there at the desk again on Monday morning and recognized my voice over the phone and called me by name! She assured me that our guests were very comfortable and happy, so we will be sure to return to this hotel the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am a business traveller and booked the SpringHill Suites in Brandon, FL for two nights. Overall, I was disappointed with this hotel. I booked a King Suite and when I got to my room, I was surprised to find two double beds. After I verified my confirmation email, I called to the front desk and asked to be placed in the room I had reserved. The manager came on the phone to tell me that they were sold out for the night and my room had been given to someone with higher Marriott status that had called in a reservation in the previous 24 hours. I was shocked that she would share this information with me! The room that I was assigned also had a direct view of the concrete wall that supports the overhang at the entrance. I explained that this was unacceptable and that I wanted a different room. She obliged and put me in a different room but the damage was done and she had made me feel like an unimportant guest.

The room itself was fine. The space is sparsely decorated and felt like a lower end hotel.

The fitness center is fine, two treadmills, an elliptical and a stationary bike. There weren't many towels available but it was clean and properly cooled. I did not use the pool (looks nice and clean) or eat breakfast.

There is a shopping center within walking distance with some food. If you feel like dining in your suite, I would highly recommend Mobile Meals. They deliver food from quite a few local places and delivery is relatively quick. You can also choose from healthier options versus the standard pizza delivery.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the second floor to avoid a view of the concrete overhang.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!