“Nice Stay with a Little Room for Imporvement” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #46 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice Stay with a Little Room for Imporvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Overall, we enjoyed our brief stay here. It was clean and comfortable with great service. If they could do something about the sound insulation and increase breakfast selection and space, it would be perfect.

Pros:
The airport shuttle was waiting for us when we arrived, and it was a quick trip to the hotel. The shuttle runs 24/7, and services 2 other hotels and a long-term parking lot which are all on the same block as the TPS. Since these hotels are all in the same place, and they are located adjacent to the airport, I would imagine that this type of prompt shuttle service would be typical.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We requested and received a late (1:00) check-out. (Our flight the previous night was late, and we didn't get to our room until after 1:00 AM.) Both check-in and check-out were a breeze.

The room was very clean and had a full kitchenette. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Although we did not have time to use it, the pool & pool area seemed large for this size of property. It is located on the south side of the building, I would imagine that it gets sun for most of, if not all day, year-round.

Cons:
The walls of the hotel seemed too thin for an airport location. Not only could we hear the planes as they were landing in the morning (the hotel property is right at the end of one of the airport's runways), but we could hear the comings & goings of the other guests on our floor, which started about 3:30 AM.

The free breakfast is scant -- mainly cereal & fruit, and the lobby in which it is served is very small. If there are more than 10 or so people, you would need to take it back to the room to eat comfortably.

Other:
This is my first stay at a TownePlace Suites. I think calling the room we stayed in a 'suite' is a bit of a stretch. While it did have kitchen amenities that most hotels do not, the room was the same size as typical room in this price range. And, with a fair portion of the room devoted to the kitchenette, the rest of the room seemed a little cramped.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
annie270
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I travel with a television production crew so we come here often. It's the one place where I really feel like home when I arrive. Nancy at the front desk is like the essence of home when you walk through the door. She remembers your name, gives us a hug, and always recommends the greatest places to go for dinner. It's a relief after traveling for so long to come here and see her. I'm not the hugest fan of Tampa, but I am when we get to come here.

The rooms, although not very large, have everything one could need and because of that it is very cozy. You have a desk, sitting area, a kitchen, and a comfortable bed. It's the perfect amenities.

The pool area is great. If you are a swimmer, this outdoor pool is for you, as it is one of the longest that I've EVER seen at a hotel. And there are gas grills as well in case you want to BBQ, which our group did just last week --- and now were back! And if you happen to spill some BBQ sauce you can use their awesome washers and dryers. Super cheap and highly efficient. My laundry was done faster than at a laundromat.

There's a very basic free continental breakfast, a coffee/tea station, free wifi (if you are here on business --- ask for a modular desk as they are bigger and allow for added storage/space for a printer), and a free business area all in the front lobby which is a nice added bonus.

Being near the airport isn't always the most fun, but this place sure does make it seem like it is. Thanks for all the great customer service! Always a pleasure :)

Annie

Room Tip: Ask for the modular desk if you are here for business and like a healthy workspace. IF not, you will...
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Exactly what you would expect from a Marriott- very helpful with fast friendly service. Clean, comfortable & modern and this particular location is even pet friendly. Want access to GREAT food & shopping... this is your spot!!! Muffins, yogurt & fresh fruit are included as breakfast... just enough to get you going. Would definitely stay here again...

Room Tip: There's not alot to look at... but the higher floors are the best choice.
Wellington, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Came in town for girlfriend birthday and the overall hotel was nice room was a little small after looking at pictures I was expecting a stove but I see that didn't happen but my biggest issue was that I called a few days before we came to town to double check to make sure there wasn't a deposit hold which at time of call the lady told me it wasn't so I was cool with that but when we got there to check in I got another story and I had only transferred the money for just the room so I ended up having to pay a$100 cash deposit which pissed me off because I had to cancel reservations for my girlfriend bday dinner but we made the best of it........ Next time please give proper info

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Picked this hotel for the price and close to airport. A lot like other Towneplace suites, you get a small kitchen and average size room. Breakfast was just a bunch of prepackage snacks and muffins but they were good. Staff seemed friendly and attentive. Would have give this a higher review but the room on the 4th floor were extremely noisey. If you get anywhere near room 400, ask for another room or change hotels. The A/C equipment is above this room and will keep you up all night. When I complained about it at 10:30, they offered to switch my room but at that point I was too tired to move, I should have moved. When I checked out they knew about this problem and I have no idea why they would ever give a guest this room unless they were completely booked. Besides that issue, I do have give them credit for having nice staff and a great location. Even though it was close to airport the airport noise was very minimal.

Room Tip: Avoid room 400 at all costs, you will not be able to sleep.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
TPSAvion, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore / Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Hello Jdolan,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore. I also wanted to apologize about the A/C noise from your last stay. We have contacted our A/C unit company to correct the issue. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Juan Ramos
Assistant General Manager
TownePlace Suites
5302 Avion Park Dr
Tampa FL 33607
813-282-1081
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I needed a room at the last minute and TownePlace suites came though. The front desk staff was very attentive, check in was extremely fast, when I checked out they asked me lots of questions to make sure my stay was great. They even went as far as to checking up on me 1 hour after I checked in asking if my dog, who was traveling with me, was adjusting to the room and new surroundings. Combine that service with an amazing price and there is no hotel with a better value in the Tampa Westshore area. Thanks TownePlace suites!!!

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is my second stay at TownePlace, as it is apparently the only hotel in Tampa still offering the correct government rate. Honestly, I didn't expect much from an "airport" hotel, and was pleasantly surprised by the room amenities. The breakfast is small and cold, though there is a Starbucks in the hotel next door. My only complaint is the noise. You can hear EV.ERY.THING. This time I was also down the hall from the front desk and could hear every word from the front desk. Every time someone called the hotel. Every time someone checked in. You get the idea. They could not reaccomodate me in another room but compensated me with Marriott points instead, which I thought was fair. Definitely recommend for a short stay, but be sure to request a top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, away from elevator
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello Cancemini4,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore. I also wanted to apologize for the inconvenience from your last stay. We are very sorry about the brakfast optios but we wil be getting renovated in mid 2015 and we will be upgrading our breakfast options. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Juan Ramos