“Great Location For The Price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #70 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Great Location For The Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Exactly what you would expect from a Marriott- very helpful with fast friendly service. Clean, comfortable & modern and this particular location is even pet friendly. Want access to GREAT food & shopping... this is your spot!!! Muffins, yogurt & fresh fruit are included as breakfast... just enough to get you going. Would definitely stay here again...

Room Tip: There's not alot to look at... but the higher floors are the best choice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wellington, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Came in town for girlfriend birthday and the overall hotel was nice room was a little small after looking at pictures I was expecting a stove but I see that didn't happen but my biggest issue was that I called a few days before we came to town to double check to make sure there wasn't a deposit hold which at time of call the lady told me it wasn't so I was cool with that but when we got there to check in I got another story and I had only transferred the money for just the room so I ended up having to pay a$100 cash deposit which pissed me off because I had to cancel reservations for my girlfriend bday dinner but we made the best of it........ Next time please give proper info

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Picked this hotel for the price and close to airport. A lot like other Towneplace suites, you get a small kitchen and average size room. Breakfast was just a bunch of prepackage snacks and muffins but they were good. Staff seemed friendly and attentive. Would have give this a higher review but the room on the 4th floor were extremely noisey. If you get anywhere near room 400, ask for another room or change hotels. The A/C equipment is above this room and will keep you up all night. When I complained about it at 10:30, they offered to switch my room but at that point I was too tired to move, I should have moved. When I checked out they knew about this problem and I have no idea why they would ever give a guest this room unless they were completely booked. Besides that issue, I do have give them credit for having nice staff and a great location. Even though it was close to airport the airport noise was very minimal.

Room Tip: Avoid room 400 at all costs, you will not be able to sleep.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
TPSAvion, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore / Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Hello Jdolan,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore. I also wanted to apologize about the A/C noise from your last stay. We have contacted our A/C unit company to correct the issue. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Juan Ramos
TownePlace Suites
5302 Avion Park Dr
Tampa FL 33607
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I needed a room at the last minute and TownePlace suites came though. The front desk staff was very attentive, check in was extremely fast, when I checked out they asked me lots of questions to make sure my stay was great. They even went as far as to checking up on me 1 hour after I checked in asking if my dog, who was traveling with me, was adjusting to the room and new surroundings. Combine that service with an amazing price and there is no hotel with a better value in the Tampa Westshore area. Thanks TownePlace suites!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is my second stay at TownePlace, as it is apparently the only hotel in Tampa still offering the correct government rate. Honestly, I didn't expect much from an "airport" hotel, and was pleasantly surprised by the room amenities. The breakfast is small and cold, though there is a Starbucks in the hotel next door. My only complaint is the noise. You can hear EV.ERY.THING. This time I was also down the hall from the front desk and could hear every word from the front desk. Every time someone called the hotel. Every time someone checked in. You get the idea. They could not reaccomodate me in another room but compensated me with Marriott points instead, which I thought was fair. Definitely recommend for a short stay, but be sure to request a top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, away from elevator
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello Cancemini4,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore. I also wanted to apologize for the inconvenience from your last stay. We are very sorry about the brakfast optios but we wil be getting renovated in mid 2015 and we will be upgrading our breakfast options. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Juan Ramos
TownePlace Suites
5302 Avion Park Dr
Tampa FL 33607
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed at this Marriott property for 2 weeks and I cannot say enough about how welcome the staff made my family and I feel. We had the 2 bedroom suite which was great for our little kids to have a little room to play so we didn't go crazy.

Special thanks to David at the front desk for the local tips on beaches and great pizza!!!

We had a minor glitch with our room however, the manager swiftly corrected it and made our stay enjoyable.

Great location if you are newly reporting to MacDill. Lots of shopping and eating very close. Great pool with a great gas BBQ for all to use.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

1)Was surprised when i checked in the room to see that they had a ripped office chair, See picture, I brought it to front desks attention and they replaced it within 30 mins in the room.

It is a sign of terrible housekeeping service so makes me wonder what did they overlook at this hotel. At least the front desk agent was quick about it he didn't give me any issues when he saw the picture.

2) the room temperature was set at 65 degrees and It was cold in the room I had to reset it to 72 WHY did they have to set it at 65

I have stayed here several times in the past because Its a very small but perfect for one night stay. no frills

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TPSAvion, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore / Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear JZ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey and sharing your experience with the TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I would also like to let you know that our property will go through renovations in late July 2014 and we will be getting new carpet, new furnitures and a bigger breakfast sitting area.The renovation should take 3-4 months to complete.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you again in the future if you are ever back in town.

JUAN RAMOS
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Tampa Westshore
tps.tpatw.agm@marriott.com
813-282-1081

Been to TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore / Airport? Share your experiences!