“House Keeping Quality Control” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #51 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Marshfield
“House Keeping Quality Control”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Marriott Platinum Elite Member - Stayed one night before an early morning departure out of TPA, staff was friendly assisting me with tape to secure a box that I was sending out. Shuttle bus drivers were both very nice and got me to and from the airport without incident in a timely fashion. Only concern was that housekeeping forget to check the cupboards and refrigerator as I found a previous guests food left in both places (nasty), otherwise my upgrade into a two bedroom suite was a bit over the top, but non the less the staff did recognize my status and provided the upgrade, thank you.

Room Tip: They share a bus with the parking garage next door, you have to know the name of the bus service as...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had an early morning flight out of TPA, and this hotel took 1/3 the points of other Marriot properties at or near the airport. This property is literally less than 2 minutes away from the airport.

It gets a ding for not having king beds. None. Not one in the whole hotel. That's usually enough to make me stay elsewhere. But, as noted, it was a point bargain and we were only there a few hours.

I had never stayed at this brand. I like it. It's kind of like a scaled down Residence Inn with a price to match. It has a small kitchen with small but real appliances, plates, dishes, etc. Nice big closets. It would be ideal for an extended stay... a bit better equipped for longer term guests than your standard hotel. Good bed. Nice, well equipped bathroom. Everything was clean, tidy, and well maintained. It's kind of a different feel from your standard Marriott brand with a kind of funky lobby and kind of mazey hallways, but it was nice. They also had an expanded little store, with a few more items than one finds in the standard hotel.

Check in was quick and painless. Internet (free) worked just fine. Everyone was friendly. Free breakfast had few options, but it was good.

We'll definitely stay here again when we have an early morning TPA departure. And we'll definitely consider the brand when we are traveling.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Checked in here for a night before a wedding. Greeted by David at front desk with a warm welcome! My suite was well-appointed and spotless. When I called for 10am wake-up call, the lady on the phone explained that if I slept until 10am I'd miss their free breakfast;) That's Hospitality! David was at the front desk for my check out with another warm smile! The staff takes pride in this property and it shows!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Hurricane, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife, four young children, and I stayed at this TownePlace Suites on March 26-28, 2014. I researched several hotels but this was one of the few that was able to meet our needs as a large family supposedly due to local fire codes. I don't mind paying a little more for a hotel room as long as it meets our needs. In this case we paid $557.76 for a two night stay. As a Rewards Member, I have always experienced clean, nice rooms with Marriott. Not the case this time. The room was spacious enough however it was dingy and had a musty smell. The furniture was well worn and in need of replacement. Our childen walked around in their bare feet the first evening until we noticed that their feet were black with filth from the carpet. The first night from about 3am-4am it sounded like remodeling was taking place in the room directly above us. I complained at the front desk and was told that the person above us stated that they just woke up and had not heard any disturbance. At 4am the second night, we were awoken by a guest taking a shower and singing at the top of her lungs. I hardly ever complain about anything. I'm pretty easy going but I feel like I was robbed of $557.76 at this hotel. The only thing positive I can say is that the staff were friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TPSAvion, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore / Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear MICHAEL T.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey and sharing your experience with the TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Our property will go through renovations in late July 2014 and we will be getting new carpet and new furnitures. The renovation should take 3-4 months to complete. I would like to discuss your recent stay in private if you can please call me or email me at the below information I would greatly appreciate it..

Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

JUAN RAMOS
Assistant General Manager
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Tampa Westshore
tps.tpatw.agm@marriott.com
813-282-1081
Thurmont, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We are nearing the end of a 30 day stay at this hotel in Tampa. This has been an excellent hotel experience. The staff has been very helpful, and they convey a friendly attitude toward guests and are ready to meet all needs and requests at amoment's notice. The manager has been very interested in our comfort and needs during our stay, and the staff reflect this management style in their interactions with us. The room is well appointed, spotlessly clean and all appliances and fixtures are in excellent condition. Light breakfast is available each morning. Coffee is available 24 hours each day. The location is adjacent to Tampa International Airport, and very near major highways but has provided us with a very quiet, restful stay. This hotel offers excellent accomodations at a very reasonable price.

Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Our party of six stayed in a three room suite in January. The shuttle driver(provided by TownePlace) that picked us up at the airport was very friendly and helpful. Location of TownePlace is close to the Tampa airport. Upon arriving at TownePlace we were greeted by a smiling and extremely service oriented Holly, who quickly processed us into our suite. The suite was very spacious and clean with very comfortable beds, refrigerator, stove, and microwave also provided in suite in which we stayed. Holly was top notch in making sure that we were satisfied with our room and other accomodations. Nancy, the night desk manager also provided great service and was very friendly. Both provided good information about places to eat and shopping.
The complimenatory continental breakfast consisted of cereals (hot & cold), pastries, yogurt, fruits, juices and coffee. Coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7. Complimentary shuttle service every half hour to the airport, two of the local malls and Leroy Selmon's, a local barbeque restaurant with great food! TownePlace Suites was a very good place to stay for a good night's sleep and welcoming, friendly service. Also has a nice outdoor pool and an indoor workout room.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

In addition to spotless accommodations, the service of the general manager provides extraordinary customer service!

My colleague and I stayed at this Marriott property on multiple occasions to our complete satisfaction. When we needed rooms again and the property was sold out and no rooms were available we tried to make reservations in the area through the Platinum line but couldnt get rooms in the area at the rate we needed. However, the general manager of TownPlace Tampa Westshore, Abel Bohorquez, did! He found us rooms at the rate we needed at a nearby Marriott property and 'saved the day'!

This is the kind of service that ensures Marriott loyalty!

Room Tip: all rooms are great-all clean and quiet
Green Features: I am not aware of any practices that contradict with ecofriendly acts. All Marriotts I am aware of participate in eco friendly activities
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore / Airport? Share your experiences!