“Spacious rooms, uncomfortable bed” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #71 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Bradford, Massachusetts, United States
“Spacious rooms, uncomfortable bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The room was a suite with full kitchen (stove, oven, microwave, sink) and a great desk area with lots of cabinet space. The bed, while clean and neat, felt like it was a very cheap mattress and was very uncomfortable. My wife and I only stayed here for 1 night before taking a cruise the next day. We'd probably do it again for a 1 night stay because it was so conveniently located close to the airport where you could catch a shuttle bus to the port. I wouldn't stay here for a prolonged stay given the uncomfortableness of the bed unless it was a business trip because the room seemed far more geared towards a business traveler given the full kitchen and great desk space.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

After staying at only 2 TownePlace Suites properties, and having such vastly different experiences, I emailed ahead to this property manager to be sure my 2nd experience with TP suites wouldn’t be repeated on my 3rd, and to be sure I could bring my family there for the 1st time with confidence. I was assured that my family and I would be pleased with this property.

My first TP experience was great and really had me sold on the brand; but this one went above and beyond that! Of course, it could be because I stayed in a 2-bedroom versus a simple suite at the 1st one! Both staffs were extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful; but these guys and girls really shine the most!

The property manager was extremely kind to me and suffered many email exchanges before our stay. One of the things she helped me with was seamlessly upgradeding us up to the 2-bedroom suite at the last minute.

The front desk personnel answered my many questions along the way (don’t you love the guest who can only think of one question per phone call????) – from parking arrangements, to shuttle service, to cruise parking, where to eat, the list goes on. All were answered patiently, kindly and accurately. When I called ahead early that morning to see about an early check in I was told that nothing could be promised but that they would keep a lookout for an early check out and get housekeeping right on it.

When I got the Tampa airport, I called to find out that it would be around 12:30p or so. PERFECT! Also, when it came to helping a non-savvy airline guest get to the right place for (FREE) shuttle pickup to the hotel after getting totally turned around, Ms Holley patiently got me where I needed to be while preserving my dignity! ;)

The free airport shuttle service is excellent, prompt, and accommodating.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Holley. After checking us in and offering to keep a 3rd key at the desk for my sister who was to arrive later, she reached for the phone to call housekeeping to see if our room was ready, but instead, wound up answering a call FROM HOUSEKEEPING to say our ROOM WAS READY! WOW! Was this team working together to get us what we wanted, or what?? When we got off the elevator, the housekeeping professional was right there and used her key to let us into our beautiful room! I could feel her pride in having the room so pristine and ready for us right on time!

The suite:
-Immaculate
-Beautiful
-Full Kitchen
-spacious bedrooms with LCD TV in each
-2 beds in each bedroom! WOW!
-EVERYTHING in the suite was in good repair!
- very comfortable!
-Wi-Fi was SIMPLE, FAST, & FREE!

The breakfast is simple continental, and included in the room rate.

We were going to go to the restaurant at the hotel next door; but Holley overheard us and apologized that the restaurant was closed for lunch; BUT she was FULL OF SOLUTIONS. We chose to call the local sub shop for delivery. Holley gave us a menu and called in the order for us! Also, when the guy took a bit longer from going to the wrong place, she took it upon herself to call him and redirect him!

This kind of service is MUCH APPRECIATED.

If I ever find myself in the Tampa area again, this will be my choice. I would bet the same for my mom and my sister!

To Ms. Maurer, or, “Miss Angela” as her team fondly refers to her: You have a great team and my mom and sister’s 1st TownePlace Suites stay was a success, to which they both responded, “These are NICE….we need to look into these next time we travel!”.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Hotel is good with all amenities required. Check in was easy and the clerk was friendly and helpful. Free shuttle to the airport. The only restaurant close by was in the Hilton next door. Without a car you can consider yourself stranded.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my first stay at a Towneplace, i was suprised at the size of the rooms and the full kitchen, very convenient cause i was here for a few days. I was suprised that we couldn't hear air traffic from the airport across the street. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a simple breakfast nothing to write home about. The only issue was staff was a little scare at times. i searched their little pantry/snack area but no one was around so i didn't purchase anything.
overall i believe i will stay here again if I am in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night before our flight out of Tampa. The room was ok, but extremely small for two people and two suitcases. Very close to the airport, which surprisingly did not have much air traffic noise. This hotel is also very close to a mall with a few nice restaurants. I would recommend this hotel when needing to stay close to the airport for an early flight. Perfect for a business traveler, but not great for an extended vacation.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TPSAvion, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore / Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I’m pleased to hear that you appreciated the proximity of the hotel to the airport. Also, that even though we are this close to the airport the noise level is non-existent. When this hotel was being built one of the main considerations was to ensure that the airport traffic noise not be a deterrent to our guests. I would like to share that we do offer 2 other room types, our One-Bedroom and Two-Bedroom suites that provide more square footage if interested for the future. Thanks again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Abel Bohorquez
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We checked in on a Friday night for a short weekend getaway to Tampa. The front desk receptionist was friendly and offered up suggestions on what to do and where to eat. We took a quick elevator ride up to our room and got to our room.

We were pleasantly surprised at how much they were able to fit into the room - a sink, stovetop, dishwasher, microwave, upper cabinets, and a 5 foot tall fridge. There was a moderate sized closet for your luggage, coats, etc with some shelving and the iron and ironing board. Then there's a desk area with more shelving space and a moveable desk, a desk chair, arm chair with a foot rest, queen-sized bed with a full bathroom and another closet. The space doesn't feel cramped at all. It is very well laid out.

The towels leave something to be desired. They're hard and have seen better days. The room was pretty clean. There was some hair on the ceiling, which was really odd.

The walls are very thin. You can hear everything and you can certainly hear everything from the hallways.

The breakfast is adequate. They offer some fruits, yogurts, cereals and orange juice.

The hotel is literally across the street from the airport, but you can't hear planes taking off or road noise. A hotel shuttle is available to the Port and to the airport. They even offer park and fly packages to leave your car here.

The parking was fine for us. This doesn't seem to be a particularly busy time of year, though. I can see where the parking might get dicey.

The pool is so long! You could do laps in it and get in a lot of distance. It was too cold to use, but definitely worth checking out when it's warmer. They also have a bbq out back to use.

Oh, and most importantly, they're pet-friendly for a small fee!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place was very fresh and clean. The only problem was tring to find someone at the front desk. I came up a couple of times to buy food and drinks but no one was to befound. I would recommend this plac e again

Room Tip: The 3rd floor 2 room suite was very clean and quiet!